Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

19, Anger


 A short time later, the second match of Hasaki began.
 Me, Ike and Touka sit side by side and watch her game.

 It started with a service game by Hasaki.
 I don't know how fast it is, but her opponent manages to return Hasaki's serve.
 The first point was scored by calmly smashing a chance ball.

"... I'd heard Hasaki was strong, but she's really overwhelmingly strong."

"In this tournament, she is the number one seed."

"Awesome. By the way, how strong is her opponent right now?"

"I think she was in our grade, and last time she made it to the top 16."

"The other party is not weak either."

 We watch the match while talking.
 The opponents seemed to have made up their minds about the first loss, and they were able to hang on without any further problems.
 However, there is still a noticeable difference in ability between her and Hasaki.
 Hasaki, who won the rally without any threat, won the first game.

"Not a single point dropped."

"It is said that in tennis, it is more advantageous to have the right to serve, and Hasaki-senpai has always been good at serving. Still, it's amazing that she never made a single mistake, though."

 To Touka, who gave the explanation, I say, as if I am impressed.

"You know it well"

"I used to play tennis too until I was in the sixth grade. Do you want to see, me wearing skort?"

 Touka asks me mischievously.

"No, not really"

 I responded by shaking my head,

"A~ah, I was going to show off my skort if senpai wanted to see me in it. Too bad, from now on you won't be able to see me wearing a skort unless you make a sincere and heartfelt request!"

 She responded by turning away.
 If I ask with a sincere and heartfelt request, will she show it to me?
 As I was thinking this, Ike looked at us and laughed softly.

"You two are so close"

"Haa? I don't need aniki to tell me again that Yuuji-senpai and I are a very much in-love couple? Right, Yuuji-senpai?"

 I nodded to Touka, who asked me for my agreement.
 Then she smiled with satisfaction and then sat back down, closing the distance between us.

 Ike looked at us with satisfaction and smiled contentedly.
 I'm embarrassed but happy that he is happy that Touka and I are getting along so well.

"Even so, Kana looks a little over-enthusiastic today..."

 Muttering anxiously, Ike watched Hasaki running on the court.
 I also see Hasaki.
 I had assumed that the serious, determined look on her face was because she was in the middle of a match and her spirits were high, but now that you mention it, it certainly looks like there is more to it than that.
 This is obvious when comparing the expressions of the opponents, with Hasaki, who has the advantage in the match, looking much more cornered.

 Nevertheless, the match went on without a hitch.
 With precise control, Hasaki hit a sharp ball to the opposite side and broke her opponent's service game.

"I hope I'm being overly concerned, or maybe she might be feeling under the weather."

 Ike says anxiously.

"When this match is over, shall we ask her?"

"That's right"

 Ike nodded at my words.

"I-It's hot! I'll go get a drink! Would you like something to drink, too, senpai?"

 Suddenly, Touka stood up and said so.
 Sure, I'm thirsty in this heat. I decided to take her word.

"Buy me some tea"

"I'm prepared, don't worry about it."

"No, I'm not going to buy anything for aniki from the beginning?"

 Ike was a little shaken by Touka's words.

"Well, I'm off then"

 Touka said this and then walked out of the cheering area.


 Hasaki continued to do well in the match.
 Only one game was held, but the score was 4-1.
 I knew Hasaki was strong,

"Touka, a little late, isn’t she"

 I notice that Touka hasn't returned yet.

"I guess so. I think the vending machine was right around the corner."

 Ike also said in wonder.
 …… The appearance of Touka is outstandingly good.
 And today, the men's competition is also taking place.
 Maybe she is being picked on by some athletic, carnivorous men.

"I'm going to go check on her"

 With that thought, I stand up.

"Yeah, count on you"

 Ike smiled with satisfaction, then nodded.

 I get up from my seat and walk over to the vending machine where Touka seems to be headed.
 Then I found her immediately.
 As expected, Touka was getting caught.

"Hey, Touka-chan! Please, we were friends, right? Can you introduce us to Haruma-san?"

"We're serious. It's just a coincidence that we met here, right?"

 However, she was not getting entangled with carnivorous men.
 The two girls talking to Touka are a ponytail girl and a short bob girl in tennis wear.

 Listening to the conversation, I realized that they seemed to be old acquaintances.
 Touka tells them that they persistently ask her to introduce them to Ike.

"Eh~, but I think it would be better if you ask him yourself. I think that would definitely make my brother happy."

 I couldn't see her face because I could only see her back, but I could tell.
 Touka's firm tone of voice indicates that she is angry.
 The two girls seemed oblivious to her anger, and at her words, the two girls looked at each other before saying.

"No, Touka-chan, that's too hard"

"Right right, I don't think we have the courage to talk to such a handsome man. ...... but we'd like to get close to him!"

"Yes, that's why I'm counting on you, Touka-chan! I'll buy you a drink at Suipara next time, okay? Please?" (Note: Sweet Paradise)

 They didn't seem to want to back down at all.
 Even if I leave her alone like this, Touka, who has excellent communicative skills, will probably handle them well.
 That said, it would be pitiful to leave her alone.

 Thinking so, I approach Touka.
Touka didn't seem to notice me yet, but the two girls did.
They saw the look on my face as I approached, and their faces turned pale.

"Touka, I've been looking for you."

 At my words, the two girls looked astonished and their shoulders jumped.
 Touka immediately turned around and looked at me.

"Ya~an, Yuuji-senpai! You were looking for me, I'm so happy ♡"

 The two girls are again surprised at her sweet, wholehearted soft voice, as if to say they can't believe it.
 Not only that, Touka smiled smugly and then hugged me in my arms.

"Sorry, you two. I had made my boyfriend waiting, so can we talk about it some other time?"

 At Touka's words, the two girls nodded their heads as best they could.

"O-Of course! What a nice gu... yank... I'm jealous of your fierce boyfriend."

"R-Right! That... A little dangerous or bada*ss, right?"

 They said that, then said, "Well, see you later," and ran away from us.

 After their backs had gone out of sight,

"Thank you for your help, senpai. I was having a bit of trouble getting involved with an old acquaintance whose name I don't even remember. Mou, it was so awkward. Thank you very much."

 Touka said in a rather unforgiving manner while she looked at me with an upward glance.
 You couldn't even remember their name?

"Glad I was helpful."

"Right, you've been very helpful, senpai! So, as a reward, I'm going to keep my arms around you like this for a while ♡"

 I said, Touka seemed to be in a good mood and said so with a grin and a smile on her face.

"Eh? It's hot if you stick around too much, and I think it's time for us to go back?"

 Touka will be hot too, though, and there's no need to overdo it.
 When I said this, Touka's expression changed to one of despair.

"Ah, I see ……"

 She looked dejected and backed away from me.
 Perhaps she was shocked that her generosity doing no good out of kindness.
 I feel bad, but it's too hot. Please understand.

"... I always thought Touka was pretty patient without losing her temper."

 I ask, remembering Touka's situation earlier.
 Touka seems to put up with a lot of things said to her that piss her off.
 I'm sure she was quite angry inside at the idea of introducing them to Ike, but she still suppressed it.

"Even now, I'm still holding back quite a bit"

 Touka, for some reason, releases a threatening voice and glares at me with a vacant look in her eyes.

 …… But, I see.
 Were you so angry at the two girls you just met that they dragged you down that much?

 I'll have to be careful in the future not to accumulate too much stress like that.