Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | I'm Worried | Remake our Life!


Part 8

"I don't know who he is, but he's a scumbag, an idiot, and the worst man."

It was natural, but the way Kawasegawa spoke about the man was harsh. Unless it was something like this, she felt it was dirty to talk about it.

"The second year student in the visual arts department may not be a reliable source of information, so I'll mainly ask the third and fourth year students for now."

"Thank you, that helps."

Kawasegawa often worked as a help staff for the movies that the senior students were making, and she knew many of the senior students. For starters, she would be looking for suspicious people around there.

"All right, then, we'll try to find out from the other side."

"Oh, I'll use my ninja intel to smoke that bastard out!"

Hikawa had to gather information from people in his circle, and I had to gather information from people in my class. In casual conversations, I would listen in on Saikawa's part-time job at Moon Rabbits, and if I heard that someone was going there, I would get the information while talking about it.

And I decided to talk to the one person who seemed to know the most about it, of all people.

"Kiryu-san, you know about Moon Rabbits, right?"

The look on Kiryu-san's face at that moment was the most unnerving I've ever seen. First, his eyes widened and his mouth agape, and then he suddenly grabbed me by both shoulders and took me outside the club room.

"Ow ow, what are you doing! I was just confirming. Why?"

When I protested being suddenly and forcefully pushed out of the room, Kiryu-san turned serious,

"...Who told you that?"

"Haa?"

"Chiba of the rugby team? Or Nakamoto of the karate club? No, it's not. We have a blood pact with those guys that we'll never tell anyone about that store... So it's someone from the store, huh. Could it be, Hassy, you're going to get that maid to give you information and use it* to" (Note: scheme in which a man and woman trick another man into a compromising situation for blackmail)

"It's from Hikawa"

"That macho ninja, huh? Damn, it's no surprise he's been checking out that store, since I've been so disinterested in the other male customers... Kuh!"

And then Kiryu-san clung to me,

"Please, Hassy, don't tell Hiyama-chan about this. When she asked me about that place, I told her that I wasn't low enough to go there, but if she finds out that I even have an annual pass, it won't be just a matter of losing my authority."

I thought, "It doesn't matter, because even as it stands, you're crashing to the bottom", but,

"Got it, then I'll keep this to myself."

"Thank you! In return, I'll answer anything you want to know!"

So I asked him if he knew of any other regular customers who were terribly obsessed with girls, and if it was the same college student,

"Dunno"

He really had no interest in it at all from the bottom of his heart and had no information about it at all.

In addition, to my astonishment, I asked him about the fact that Saikawa worked at that store, but he apparently had no idea about that either.

(He's obsessed with the areas that interest him, but other than that, it really disappears from his sight, this person...)

Anyway, the investigation that I had just thought of ended in a blank.

The next step is to check the authenticity of the information, since it will be passed on from person to person.

Somehow, I wanted to solve this before it became a big deal.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next