Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

11. Guidance


 One day during break time.
 As I was about to return to the classroom from the restroom, I met Makiri-sensei.

 As soon as Makiri-sensei saw my face,

"Tomoki-kun, perfect timing."

 She called out to me.

"What is it?"

 I stop and respond to Makiri-sensei's words.
 She seemed to calm down,

"I need to talk to you after school. Can I ask you to come to the student guidance office?"

 She said.

"Yes, it's fine."

 When I answer, Makiri-sensei keeps her cool expression and opens her mouth.

"Yes. Then I'll be waiting for you in the student guidance office after school."

 With that, sensei began to walk again.

 I go back to the classroom and contact Touka.

『After school, I was called by Makiri-sensei』

 Even though there is only a short time left in the break, Touka immediately replies to my message.

『What did you do?』

『I'm not doing anything』

 I respond immediately to her message.

『I-If it's Makiri-sensei, it will be fine, right』

 The message was followed by a stamp of a pissed-off character with a smirk on its face.
 Touka has come to trust Makiri-sensei a lot.

『Well then, please contact me after school when you're done, I'll be waiting for you ♡』

 I received the message immediately.
 Seeing that makes me feel warm.

"Sorry. Thank you"

 I replied with a few words.



 And after school.
 I had come to the front of the student guidance office.

 After knocking on the door, a voice answers, "Come in".
 I then open the door and go in.

"Excuse me"

 Upon entering the student guidance office, I see Makiri-sensei sitting on a chair, smiling gently at me.

"I've been waiting for you. I'm sorry for calling you after school. Please, have a seat."

"No problem, I'm free."

 After saying that, she urged me to be seated as well.
 I pulled a pipe chair and sat down on it.

"I'm going to get into the main subject right away."

 Without any chit-chat, Makiri-sensei said.
 She looked straight at me, and I involuntarily straightened up.

"... Can you tell me about your relationship with Hasaki-san?"

 Firm tone.
 And I answer right back.

"I am friends with Hasaki"

 When I said this, Makiri-sensei seemed to hesitate a little and then said.

"That's... um. It's not a friends with benefits, right?"

 Friends with benefits?

 What is that.
 I didn't understand, but me and Hasaki are friends in the normal range ... or that's what supposed to be called.
 Except that she is definitely using me to try to make up with Touka.

"Of course. What's wrong?"

"...No. Uhm... I'm not doubting Tomoki-kun. However, I... heard rumors that you have an intimate relationship with Hasaki-san. Just thought I better check it out"

 I was stunned when I heard those words.
 ......Intimate relationship, she said.
 There aren't many people who use such words.
 With that in mind, I ask Makiri-sensei.

"So you wanted to check out what the rumors were about."

 Makiri-sensei, whose face was blushing, nodded slowly.
 Then, after a single coughing sound, she put on her usual dignified expression.

"Yes. I thought I had to guide you as a teacher if Tomoki-kun was having friends with benefits relationship with Hasaki-san behind the scenes while continuing a fake lover relationship with Ike-san... "

 Phew, she breathed out heavily, and then,

"But rumors are rumors. Tomoki-kun would never do such a dishonest thing."

 She continued, relieved.

 ... Surely the rumor was a hot topic among the teachers.
 And Makiri-sensei was concerned and was willing to listen to me.
 Once she understands that it's a misunderstanding, I'm sure Makiri-sensei will help me in a way I can't see.

"Recently, I've become friends with Hasaki. ... Come to think of it, there were some misunderstandings among the people around me when they heard what I and that girl were talking about."

 I forcibly assaulted Hasaki, or something like that.
 That may have been the start of the rumor. Ridiculous, but conceivable enough.

 As I analyze this, Makiri-sensei narrows her eyes and smiles gently.

"That's so. You've become friends with Hasaki-san. That's good."

 The warm tone of her voice made me somewhat embarrassed.

"Ike-san and Hasaki-san are both beautiful. Maybe someone who has a liking for these girls got jealous of you and started some strange rumors."

 Jokingly, Makiri-sensei said.

"...It's possible"

 I, too, responded with a wry smile.

"Well, then, now that I have heard your story, we're done. ...Touka-san is waiting, right?"

"That's right... How did you know?"

 After giggling at my question, Makiri-sensei looked out the window of the student guidance office.
 From there, I can see the school gate.
 I looked where sensei's eyes were looking, too.

 There was Touka standing in front of the school gate, playing with her smartphone.

"I see"

 I was convinced.
 Seeing that, sensei guessed that Touka was waiting for me.

"Then I'm leaving."

 I say a few words and get up.
 Then when I try to leave the student guidance office...

"Ah, Tomoki-kun. Wait a minute."

"Yes?"

 That being said, I stopped and turned around.
 Sensei stands up and walks up to me.
 I noticed that Makiri-sensei's face was right in front of my eyes and nose.

 I am surprised and take a step back, but the teacher quickly closes the distance.
 What's going on!?
 In my impatience, the teacher extended her hand.
 As it is, Makiri-sensei's hand reaches up to the top of my head.
 Sensei was not small, but still had to stand on tiptoe because of the reasonable height difference between her and me.

 Really, what is she doing?
 When I think so,

"Kya!"

 Makiri-sensei screams shortly.
 She seemed a little off balance and put her unstretched hand on my shoulder.

 Then, our gazes unexpectedly collided.
 Sensei's face was at such a close distance that if I lost my balance a little more, I could have touched it.

 ...... Recently, I have been spending a lot of time with a very beautiful girl named Touka, and I have become quite immune to the girls.
 Still, when a beautiful adult woman like Makiri-sensei gets so close to me ...... I can't help but feel embarrassed.

 I silently avert my gaze.
 Then, Makiri-sensei removes her hand from my shoulder and says.

"I'm sorry. ... There was dust in your hair. I took it away."

"...Okay"

 I respond while looking away.
 The embarrassment made me feel awkward.
 Even Makiri-sensei looked somewhat different from usual, with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Then I'm leaving now."

 I said this and headed for the exit, unable to make eye contact with Makiri-sensei.

"Yes, bye. ...Be careful on your way home."


 Sensei's voice, calm and dignified as usual, reached my ears, though.


 ―― I left the student guidance office without seeing sensei's face until the very end.