Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

12, After School


 A week passed without incident other than a few strange rumors that had been circulating since I became friends with Hasaki.

 Then, after school on Monday, the first day of the week.
 Starting today, there will be a period of suspension of club and committee activities in preparation for next week's test.

 ...... I don't have much to do with it, since I'm not originally involved in such activities.
 With this in mind, as I was getting ready to leave in my seat, Asakura, who usually heads immediately to club activities, approached me with Ike.

"Hey, Tomoki, how about studying at a family restaurant after school? In the meantime, we've got Ike-sensei here."

 Saying so, Asakura taps Ike's shoulder next to him.
 Upon being introduced, Ike turns to Asakura with a wry smile.

"It's good to be active in club activities, but Asakura tends to neglect his studies."

"Because volleyball is my youth. I'm not aiming for top grades, and as long as I can avoid red marks, even if it's just a one-night stand, all is well!"

To Asakura says somewhat proudly,

"It's not something to be proud of."

 Ike said, amazed.
 Watching the exchange between them, I...

"Can I join you?"

When I asked them this, they looked at each other in wonder.

"Isn't it obvious? That's why I'm inviting you like this."

Asakura said as a matter of course.
 ... I didn't expect to be approached.
 I was surprised and at the same time very happy.

"...Of course. Let me participate too."

 I reply.
 The two laughed cheerfully and nodded.

"Eh~, what what, are you going to study now !?"

 There, a girl approached us.

"Are you guys going to study together now? If so, I'm off today, too, so I can go with you?"

 It was Hasaki who said this with a friendly smile.
 Hearing those words, Asakura smiled in an understandable way.

"Are you coming with us, Hasaki! Three guys having a study group is just too much to bear, so you are more than welcome to join us!"

"It's fine, I think?"

 Ike also answered.
 I also have no objection to Hasaki's participation.
 I nodded slowly and indicated my agreement.

"Yay, best regards!"

 Hasaki smiles at us.

"Then let's go to a family restaurant in front of the station?"

 And just after Asakura suggested...

"Yuuji-senpai! Let's go home together!"

 I was called out.
 The owner of that voice is, of course, Touka.

 Looking at her face, I remember.
 ...... Come to think of it, the other day I promised Touka that I would have a study session with her.

 Since the conversation had not proceeded at all after that, I had forgotten about it.

"Sorry, Touka. I was thinking of going to a family restaurant with these members now and studying for the test."

 When I said that, Touka had a surprised expression on her face.
 Then she looked at Ike, Asakura, Hasaki, and finally at me.

"With this member? ...Can I join?"

 Touka then looked at Asakura as well.
『How can you have a study group without telling me? Rather, what are you going to do about the study group with me?』
 I was expecting to be told at least something like that, so my reaction was to shrug it off.

"Of course, lovely girls are always welcome! But no flirting allowed! ...This is serious."

 With a serious expression on his face, Asakura said.

"Even if flirting is forbidden, we are happy just to be together, and that's fine, isn't it? Yuuji-senpai ♡"

 Touka smiles happily next to me.
 Don't make a deliberate attempt to show off a lover's relationship.

 Seeing this, Asakura looks at me in frustration.
 Ike tapped me on the shoulder strongly.
 Then, Hasaki turned a somewhat lonely smile on us.

 Hasaki and Touka have yet to make up.
 That is probably why she is looking so gloomy now.

 We left the classroom together, I was hoping that this study session would improve their relationship.


 Ike, Asakura, and Hasaki walk side by side, with a little space between them, and Touka and I follow, heading for a family restaurant in front of the station.

 I tell Touka, who seems to be in a good mood.

"It was unexpected"

"...What is it?"

 She responded to my words with an upward glance.

"I was afraid Touka might be in a bad mood because I took Asakura's offer before I could make plans for a study session with you."

"What is that? Aren't you self-conscious, senpai?"

 Touka says with a grin.

"... Who was the one who got mad when I made after-school plans with Ike before?"

 I am amazed and ask.

"I don't have to be so stubborn with Aniki anymore... Thanks to senpai."

 After saying so with a little embarrassment, she continues.

"And. For senpai to have friends. ... It is a good thing"

 Touka turned her gentle, kind smile toward me.

 Selfish, foul-mouthed, and cheeky.
 …… But Touka is a nice and good girl, I thought, as I caught her gentle gaze.

"Thank you"

 I thanked Touka honestly for her kind words.
 She smiles a bashful smile, then makes a surprised expression, and then tells me to hurry.

"Ah, just don't get me wrong, okay? If a senior is ever alone with a girl, I'll say no! It would have been terrible if the other students had suspected our relationship because of it!"

"Rest assured. It's unlikely that I'll ever get a chance to be alone with a girl other than Touka."

"I wonder?"

 Ji~ii, Touka looks at Hasaki's back.
 I see, since Hasaki and I are already friends, there may be a situation in the future where we will be alone together.

 But...

"No way that Hasaki and I would be rumored. It's a well-known fact that Ike and Hasaki are close."

"There are already strange rumors about Yuuji-senpai and Hasaki-senpai, aren't there?"

"You don't have to worry about those stupid rumors..."

 When I said this, Touka turned her head down,

"Maybe so, but it still bothers me..."

 She said wearily.
 ... Well, that wouldn't be a good feeling.
 Thinking so, I was trying to think of some follow-up words.

"...Well, so you're saying that we can make up for that negative image by showing the students around us how to flirt with each other and make it a positive zero, right?"

"...in moderation okay"

 I respond to Touka's positive words with a wry smile.

"Well. ....So, you know, I think it would be better to have a study session just the two of us. It would be more like lovers."

 Touka seems to be fidgety.
 Then, without making eye contact, she continues with her face down. 

"So, you have to make sure you leave this Saturday and Sunday open, if not... I hate it, okay?"

 She said this in a cute voice while she grabbed the hem of my shirt in a rather sneaky manner.

"I guess so. All right, I'll leave it open."

 When I replied, she nodded in satisfaction, then her cheeks turned slightly red and a gorgeous smile appeared on her face.

"Yes, I'm looking forward to it!"