25, the Opening




Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Sorry, I forgot to post this last week.


 About three hours after we started work, the setup was completed.

 A few of the members of the sports club who had been helping set up went to the training building and brought in the food that the cooking club had been preparing.

 After that, as the light music club was making final checks on the sound and other details behind the curtain of the stage, the new students began to enter the hall.
 Ike and the rest of the student council members entered from behind the crowd of restless juniors.

 Finally, the festivities were about to begin.

 By the way, I was quietly looking down on the scene from the second floor, alone.
 Asakura was concerned about me, but it was no good making him stay with me.
 He had already joined the volleyball club. I'm sure he's going to enjoy this festival as a reward for his help.

 As I was thinking about this, Ike walked up on stage.
 Just like that, the noisy students quieted down and paid attention to Ike at the same time.
 As expected from him, Ike has a special charm that attracts the attention of others.

"Good work today, new students! How was the study session If you think it was useful, even if only a little, then the senior students here have done their best to prepare. Well, I've said what I wanted to say. No stiff greetings. From now on, you can enjoy the performance of the light music club, eat the snacks prepared by the cooking club, or deepen your friendship with your classmates and the seniors who helped run the event. Anyway, as long as you don't mess with the flow too much, everything's fine."

 Without using a microphone, Ike spoke in a clear voice that echoed throughout the hall.

 Many of the first-year girls looked at Ike on the stage and seemed to be fascinated.
 Besides, many of the boys also looked at Ike with respect.

"Well then, enjoy the day to the fullest!"

 As soon as Ike announced this, the curtain behind him opened.
 The Japanese light music club appeared on stage and began to play without any greetings.

 Ike immediately left the stage and gave his place to the light music club.
 The performance of the light music club echoed, and the venue was immediately surrounded by enthusiasm.

 ―― I was thinking of heading to the rooftop, when I saw the enthusiasm in the air.
 I don't know if Kai is waiting for me on the roof, but my presence here would only spoil the mood.

"Thank you for your hard work, Tomoki-kun"

 I was thinking about that, and suddenly I was called out.
 I turned around, there was Makiri-sensei.

"...What are you doing in a place like this"

"It's a study session organized by the student council, but we need a teacher to keep an eye on the students, right? That's why a few of the younger teachers are here."

 Makiri-sensei shrugged her shoulders.
 I knew that.
 What I was asking was why she had come all the way to my side, the furthest away from the festivities.

"...for you, take it."

 Makiri-sensei said so and offered me a can of black sugar-free coffee.

"E~etto, this is...?"

"Just a gift. You like coffee, right? Ike-san bought it in the printing room the other day."

 I accepted the coffee that Makiri-sensei offered me.
 I was surprised to see that she was looking at such details, and with a natural gesture, she opened the plastic bottle of tea she was holding against the can I had received.

"Thank you for helping us to this day. Thank you very much, Tomoki-kun."

"No... I'll have it."

 I felt embarrassed and turned my head to the side as Makiri-sensei looked at me with a gentle smile.
 ...... I have something to express my gratitude to her as well.
 I take a sip of my canned coffee to hydrate my throat before I say those words.

"It was exactly what sensei said."

"What are you talking about?"

 Makiri-sensei also took a sip of her tea.

"I talk about that there are people who are watching my actions. I just realized that today.... Thank you."

 At my words, Makiri-sensei opened her eyes in surprise.
 Then, with a smile on her mouth, she spoke.

"That's not something you should be thanking me for. It's something you should be proud of."

 The fact that she acknowledged my actions so far made me happy.

 Ike took care of me so I could make my move.
 I was able to do my best because Makiri-sensei was watching over me.

 I'm sure I wouldn't have tried to do anything on my own.
 Because of two of them, I was finally able to do my best. That's all I'm saying.
 That's why I can't be proud of myself.

 Instead, I want to say thank you.

"...Yes"

 But I'm not very good at talking, so I couldn't even say it outright.
 I just muttered one word.

"Then. I have something to do after this, so if you'll excuse me."

 I turned my back to escape the kind look Makiri-sensei was giving me.
 I was embarrassed by the praise, and I felt ashamed that I couldn't thank her properly.

"Yes. Well, see you."

 Makiri-sensei spoke to my back.

 I silently bowed to the sensei’s words, and then left the gym.


 Leaving the gymnasium, I head to the classroom building.
 Not long after that, it would be the time Kai had specified.

"Yuuji!"

 However, there was someone who called out to my back as I walked.

"Oh"

 I turn around and look at the owner of the voice.
 Of course, I knew who it was even before I saw his face.

"Where are you going when it's just started?"

 There was Ike, with a fresh smile on his beautiful face. 

"I have a thing to do.... I'm going back first."

"... You're too reluctant, Yuuji. Just take it easy and enjoy it more."

 Ike let out a sigh of dismay.

"I'm not reluctant. I just have something to do."

 Of course, that's not all.
 I thought that my presence would make a pleasant moment awkward, so I hurriedly made my way to the rooftop, but I couldn't say anything about that.

"... And thanks for that, Ike. It was fun."

"What are you talking about? I just asked my best friend to help me because I was short on manpower. Yuuji has nothing to thank me for."

 Ike said this to me as if it was obvious.
 I was glad to hear his concern.

"... Come to think of it, Ike hasn't treated me to a drink yet, right."

 Ike grinned at my words.

"Ah, that's right. Alright, then, let's add the part of the help of the study group in total, and go more luxurious than usual! ...Is like I would say. Unfortunately, if I interfere with Touka's love life, I'll be punished severely. "

"Why don't the three of us go?"

 Ike was surprised to hear my words.
 Then he let out a funny laugh, and looked straight at me.

"Well then. I've left the persuasion part to Yuuji."

"... Please wait without expecting it."

"Oh, I left it to you"

 Ike smiled cheerfully, his white teeth peeking out of his mouth.

 ...... Touka, who is now looking forward again, will surely be able to face Ike.
 And someday. I'll be happy when the two of them can laugh at each other.
 I wish I could be a part of it.
 I'm sure it would be a lot of fun.

"Well, see you again"

 I said so to Ike and started walking.

"Yeah, see you again"

 Ike also said to me.

 …… As I walked towards the classroom building again, I was remembering of the student council and Asakura.

 If I face Kai with sincerity and talk to him.
 Maybe he'll understand that I won't do any harm to Touka.

 I thought to myself optimistically.




 Then I opened the door to the roof.
 Kai was already there,

"I've been waiting for you... Tomoki, Yuuji!"

 He called my name with hatred and glared at me with bloodshot eyes.

 When I saw that, I ――.

 Aa, I knew this guy wouldn't understand me even if I talked to him.

 I thought so to myself, as if it were someone else's problem.