24. Classmates



Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you

 Touka smiles charmingly.
 When I look at her expression... I was a little depressed that she didn't want to have a fake relationship with me for a long time.

"Ah, right, senpai! Have you eaten lunch yet?"

 When I was in such a depressed state, Touka asked me that.

"I haven't eaten"

 I hadn't eaten lunch because I had to respond to Touka's urgent call.
 When I thought that I should go to a convenience store to buy it later, Touka patted her chest as if she was relieved.

"Good. I was worried it would go to waste since I didn't tell you in my message."

 With that, Touka took out one of the packages from her bag and handed it to me.

"What's this?"

"It's a bento. By the way, it's my handmade."

"... Seriously? Why?"

 I couldn't have predicted that Touka would hand me a lunch box at this moment in time.

"I'm serious. I felt like I kept bothering senpai, so I apologize for that. See, I'm very feminine, aren't I? As a boy, I'm sure you're happy to have a homemade lunch from a girl!"

"Yeah, I'm not sure about feminine or being a boy. Of course, I'm happy."

 When I said this honestly, Touka's expression became bewildered.

"... L-Lucky for you, you got to eat a homemade lunch from a super beautiful girl like me! There aren't many people in this whole wide world who are as lucky as senpai is!"

 Embarrassed, Touka said in a quick tone.

"You’re right, thank you."

 When I said that, Touka's face turned bright red.
 Maybe she was embarrassed because I had been so honest with her.

"...Hmm! Well then, I'm going back to class! I know you want to eat lunch with me and feed each other if you want, but I can't go that far yet, so! It's too bad!"

 Touka said, grabbed her bag and headed for the exit as fast as she could.

" Ah, Touka. Good luck with your studies."

 I call out to her back.
 Then she stopped in front of the door and turned around.

"Senpai too, do your best to help!"

 After smiling and waving vigorously at me, Touka opened the door and left the rooftop.


 After watching her, I sat down in a suitable place.
 Then, I immediately opened the lunch box.
 It was a colorful and cute bento.
 Touka's girl power may be higher than expected, just because she says so herself.

 I picked up my chopsticks and took a bite of the side dish, fried chicken.

"Hmm... it's delicious."




 Some time later, after eating Touka's lunch on the rooftop.
 It was time to set up, so I headed to the gymnasium.

 When I arrived, several athletic clubs had already started setting up. 
 The boys from the volleyball team in front of the stage were giving instructions and working quickly.
 Perhaps he is the motivated volleyball team leader that Ike was talking about.

 But still. ......I think they can do without me.
 But I've come this far.
 I walked up to the leader of the volleyball club.

"Ike asked me to come and help out, but what can I do to help?"

 The leader of the volleyball club replied to my words without looking up, looking at the layout chart at hand.

"Hmm? Ah... you are the helper. We need to get chairs and desks out of the basement storage, but we don't have enough people to do that, so please go. The instructions will be given by the volleyball club member there."

"Yes"

 When I replied, he finally raised his face.
 And when our eyes meet.

"Oh, please... Ue, To-To-To-To-Tomoki-kun? ... Eh. Ah, The underground warehouse... uh, is there."

 The leader of the volleyball club began to behave strangely.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"... N-Nothing. I leave it to you please"

"Yeah"

 I follow The leader of the volleyball club’s instructions and go to the underground warehouse.
 ... I can understand why he was acting so weird. Because he was afraid of my face.
 And probably because he is sorry for the members of the volleyball club who are waiting for me.

 However, me working on the gymnasium would only make the people around me nervous for nothing.
 Sacrifices must be kept to a minimum in the underground warehouse.

 I'll move to the underground warehouse.

 There he was, Asakura Yoshito, a volleyball player from the same class.
 He is alone…… Certainly, they seem to be short-staffed.

"The leader of the volleyball club sent me to join you. Give me instructions."

 At my words, Asakura, who had been working quietly, raised her voice.

"Oh, really! That's great! Then help me carry out these pipe chairs here!"

 And then he looked up and saw me,

"Whoa, To-To-Tomoki-kun!?"

"Oh. The pipe chair, right. I'll help."

 Asakura is confused. It can't be helped, my face scares him, I'm sorry.
 This basement is dimly lit, so it's even scarier, I'm really sorry.

 But I don't say it in words.
 There's a possibility of giving unnecessary misunderstandings.

 I dared to ignore Asakura's surprised look, and silently carried the pipe chair out to the gymnasium as instructed.

 At first, Asakura was puzzled, but I guess he understood that I meant no harm.
 He too worked quietly.

 It was lucky that I was able to help in this arrangement.
 It wouldn't hurt morale in the gymnasium, and I'd be able to help out as well.
 Good job, leader.
 I gave my thumbs up in my heart.

"...Um, Tomoki-kun"

 As I was thinking about this, Asakura called out to me,

"Hmm, what is it?"

 Asakura says, choosing his words.

"Um, I heard from Ike that Tomoki-kun has been helping the student council prepare for the study session, even though you wasn't forced to do so, right?"

"Ah, that's right."

"...Um, I hope you don't mind me asking, but."

"Depends on the content"

 Asakura's cheeks twitched at my words.
 He looked hesitant for a moment, but still, he opened his mouth.

"Tomoki-kun, are you really not a yankee?"

"...That's what I intend to do"

 Perhaps relieved that I wasn't angry, Asakura let out a breath of relief before continuing.

"I knew it.... I used to think that Tomoki-kun was a dangerous yankee. But when I heard that you voluntarily helped the student council, and saw that you are still helping us seriously. I was... I mean, we were just freaking ourselves out, I guess. That's what I thought. "

"In other words... You're not afraid of me?"

"No, I'm scared. Your face is really scary, Tomoki-kun."

"In the end you are still scared..."

"M-My bad. Are you angry?"

"No, I'm not angry."

 I'm just shocked, but I won't say it.

"Well, you know. Tomoki-kun's face is really scary, but you know what? I know you're not a yankee, so I don't think I need to be scared for nothing."

 As if to follow up, Asakura said that.

"...Asakura is a good guy."

"No~, not as much as Tomoki-kun, who is so enthusiastic about helping the student council, which has nothing to do with... No, does it have anything to do with?"

 Asakura said so and nodded his head.
 Certainly not related.
 I was just about to say so,

"Hey, Tomoki. I'd like to ask you something."

 He asked me.
 I responded silently and urged him to go on.

"You're seriously dating Ike’s little sister, aren't you?"

"……Yeah"

 Asakura asked me with a serious expression, and I hesitated for a moment before nodding.
 What can I say, I'm still a little embarrassed.

"Kuh, kka! I knew it! Damn it! If I had such a cute girlfriend, I'd help the study group! Ah, Damn it, I'm so jealous! I want such a cute girlfriend too! “Asakura-senpai, let's have lunch together ♡” I want to be told like that!!!"

 After hearing my answer, Asakura's tension suddenly went crazy.

"... You don’t have a girlfriend?"

 When I asked,

"I don’t have!"

 Asakura said with an intense look on his face.

"Is that so? You seem like a pretty popular guy."

 I said,

"Eh? ...Seriously?"

 He asks me with a blank look on his face.

"Yeah. You're a good communicator and you've got guts. And you’re a sportsman."

 By the way, the fact that you can talk to me normally falls under the category of having communicative power and courage.

"Y-You're a good guy, Tomoki-kun. I've never heard anyone say that before."

 Asakura rubbed the tip of his nose in embarrassment.

"Me, too. It's hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys.... Also, Tomoki is fine."

 When I said this to Asakura, he looked at me with a puzzled expression.
 ...... Was I being too familiar?
 Or was it suddenly and he feels uncomfortable?

 I was inwardly uncomfortable with the idea...

"Oh, that's right, Tomoki. We've been in the same class for almost a month now, so it might be a little late. It's nice to meet you!"

 With a fresh smile on her face, Asakura extended his hand toward me.
 As I looked down at his hand, I thought.

 ...... As Makiri-sensei said, there are some people who are looking at me properly.

 Somehow I'm happy. I almost started to smile.
 However, I don't want to be creeped out by delirious laughter.

 After tightening my expression that was about to loosen, I grasped Asakura's outstretched hand firmly back and said.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you too."