Chapter 2 We are confused by our feelings 





Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you.

Part 6

    "So, next year, I'm going to try to get new members through proper means!"

    The Art Research Circle has a regular meeting. The meeting is held on the last Friday of the month at 7:00 p.m., but the participation rate was very low.

    The agenda for December was the recruitment of new members for the coming year and the measures to be taken.

    "Well, this year's strategy of pretending to be dead worked, and we gained two valuable club members. We're thinking of a secret plan for next year, so we'll be looking for even more club members again..."

    I wondered if he thought his crude strategy had worked. I wonder if he's going to be a 6th-year student next year.

    "So, Kakihara! Sugimoto! Let's have a strategy meeting!"

    "Ye-Yes"

    "Yeah!"

    He said briskly, and in a secluded part of the club room, the senior students began to discuss with each other.

    "So. This time, we're going to have even more honey traps from the ladies."

    "Senpai, if I say so, will you ask men to do it too?"

    "As I thought this idea will good, we're going to roast the meat in the club room and catch it by smell!"

    Of course, I could hear what they were saying, but they didn't seem to be talking about anything.

    "Ano, Hiyama-san. Kiryu-san next year is"

    I ask Hiyama-san of the Craft Department, who was the only female member of the club until Shinoaki joined.

    "Ah, it looks like he'll be able to graduate, but he'll stay in the lab as a research assistant. That's why he can continue circle activities."

    ...... I wonder if there is any reason to stay in the circle that long.

    Maybe she has a strong sense of responsibility, or maybe there is a deeper reason.

    "He said he'd be able to see the new girls for another five years or so, so I hit him over the head as hard as I could."

    It was a boring and inexplicable reason.

    "But I don't think there will be any new girls in the club next year anyway."

    "But I have a secret plan..."

    "That level of strategy to get Hashiba-kun? Do you think the girls will come in?"

    You can bet a fair amount of money on the one that doesn't go in.

    "If the man had proper planning, the maid cafe would have been a little more decent."

    "That’s right"

    "Well, I'm still pretty reliable when they take my picture, which is annoying. The only reason I was hired as an assistant is because I'm good at what I do."

    Hiyama-san smiles wryly.

    "Heh..."

    …. Oh, right, I didn't notice because I wasn't looking properly.

    (Maybe Hiyama-san likes Kiryu-san)

    When I think of university circles, I think of those kinds of stories, but I also think that there are stories like that here.

    "Huh? By the way, Shinoaki-chan isn't coming today?"

    Kiryu-san, who suddenly turned to me, looked around and said.

    "Yes, she is a little tired and fell asleep."

    "Is it ‘That’, it's a fierce activity that makes Hasshi tired."

    Hiyama-san instantly shoved the paper mache into his mouth.

    "Fu~a, wha aae you doih, Hihama-hyan!"

    What are you doing, Hiyama-chan! He wanted to say that. I think.

    "Because you had a hint of a stupid joke. Please reflect on it."

    "Waga..."

    Apparently he had hit the nail on the head, and Kiryu-san meekly returned to his strategy meeting.
Hiyama-san took a breather and said,

    "... Then, Hashiba-kun"

    "Yes?"

    "How is it, what is the actual situation? Are you making any progress?"

    "Eh, no, ano"

    Hiyama-san laughed when she saw that I was acting suspiciously.

    "He~e, something happened. Not bad."

    "Haa, well……"

    I don't know if that's progress, but it certainly brought us a little closer... or so I think.

    I don't know what Shinoaki thinks about it, though.

    (I wonder... what actually)

    There is a feeling I’d like to talk about it somewhere else, though.

    Right now, I want to get on with the production more than anything else. So I need to put off other things as long as possible...