21. Denunciation




Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you



 Then, the day before the study session, after school on Friday.

 Tomorrow was Golden Week, a series of holidays, and the atmosphere was somewhat relaxed for the two or three years that the study group was not involved.

 

 However, the Student Council Ike has nothing to do with such an atmosphere as they have another event tomorrow, a study session.

 

"Yuuji, is it okay today?"

 

"Yeah, of course."

 

 I nodded at Ike's invitation.

 The two of us headed to the Student Council room again today.

 

 

 No one had come to the student council room yet.

 

"Now that I've finished copying the past question papers yesterday, what do I need to do today?"

 

"Today, we just have a meeting for tomorrow."

 

 I finished copying the past questions yesterday, so it seems that there is no chore today.

 

"Tomorrow, the gymnasium will be used by the athletic club until 13:00. From there, we will set up and start the event at 16:00."

 

"Who is the member to set up? The student council officers are supposed to be teaching the new students, right? It's impossible to do it alone."

 

"On the day of the event, the athletic department will be helping out. Especially the volleyball team. They're very motivated."

 

"Oh, I see"

 

"Ah. Yuuji goes to the gymnasium at around 13:00. So I ask for help in setting up.... I'm counting on you."

 

 If the athletic department is going to help set up, would it be a hindrance if I went? I thought, but I didn't say it.

 

"...Ah, leave it to me"

 

 I was so happy to know that Ike could count on me.

 

"That's it. I'll send you a message with the details, but was there anything you didn't understand in my explanation?"

 

"It’s okay"

 

"I see... Well, that's all for today. Thank you for your help until today. And I will be counting on you for tomorrow."

 

 I nodded at Ike's words.

 Then I left the student council room.

 

 As I walked out into the hallway, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't seen Touka after school today.

 Maybe she left early today because she had finished her chores yesterday.

 

 After concluding that, I took out my phone to check the time for the next train.

 There, I noticed for the first time that I had received a message from Touka a few minutes ago.

 

 From the notification screen, I see the message.

 

"I've been tangled up with a nuisance, please come to the rooftop and help me." 

 

 

 Just like Touka's message, I had come to the rooftop.

 I could hear people talking through the door.

 If I open the door in front of me, there will be two people there, Touka and... probably Kai, judging from this voice.

 

 I don't know the details of the conversation, but it's probably a confession.

 I guess it's okay if I show up after this with my boyfriend's face on.

 This was the role that Touka had asked me to play in the first place.

 

 I'm sorry, Kai.

 You really like Touka, and were about to confess your love to her, but I got in the way.

 

 After apologizing to my junior in my heart, I opened the door to the rooftop.

 

"So, break up with Tomoki! Touka!"

 

 And I immediately came across a scene where Kai was confessing his love to Touka.

 

"... I thought such a confession is a minus. I'm sorry, Kai-kun."

 

 When Touka said in a firm tone of voice, Kai shook his head.

 

"Touka! I just want you to...!? Tomoki Yuuji, senpai...!? Why are you here?"

 

 Kai was the one who noticed me first.

 The stunned expression on his face was fleeting.

 He immediately turned his hateful expression to me.

 

"Ya~n, senpai! How did you know I was on the roof? Ah, maybe this is the power of love?"

 

 Following Kai's gaze, Touka noticed my appearance and spit out white lines.

 You the one who asked me to come, I thought, but I read the air and spoke up.

 

"...That's about it."

 

"Ya~n, senpai is wonderful "

 

 Touka rushes next to me while saying.

 Then she blurted out, "You’re late coming," with a grumpy expression on her face so that Kai would not notice.

 

"... So, Kai. What did you want with Touka?"

 

 I have to do my part before Touka's mood gets any worse.

 Kai responds silently to my words.

 

"Kai-kun always said bad things about Yuuji-senpai. Then he asked me to break up with senpai. This kind of confession is not manly, is it? It's lame, isn't it?"

 

 Instead of Kai who doesn't answer anything, Touka pinches my hem with her fingertips and says so in a boring way.

 

"No, you’re wrong! I'm really worried about Touka...!"

 

"You don't have to worry about me? I and senpai are super love love, so I'm sorry, Kai-kun? ... Let’s go, senpai."

 

 I guess she wants to get away from here as soon as possible.

 Touka just said what she wanted to say and tried to leave the rooftop.

 

 However.

 

"Touka doesn't know the horror of that person!"

 

 Kai's shout brought Touka to a halt.

 

"... He~e, Kai-kun know your senior well. Then tell me about it?"

 

 Touka said with a blank expression.

 

"He's a really violent, brutal bastard. I saw him go on a rampage and hurt a lot of people last summer.... It was really horrible, I honestly don't understand why the worst of the worst human is still in this school. "

 

 I was surprised because I had never been told so much to my face.

 No, I've had worse things said to me behind my back and through rumors.

 

 And when it comes to last summer……, to be honest, I remember it.

 Even though he saw me at that time, he didn't run away and came straight at me which I think is quite courageous.

 

"That's why you should stop with that person. Now, or you will regret..."

 

 With a serious expression, Kai tells Touka.

 But Touka, standing next to me, clenched her fists and wore a blank expression on her face.

 

 Then she tells him quietly.

 

"What do you know about Yuuji-senpai? It's so obvious that you only judge people by their appearance and don't even try to see what's inside. I don't know anything about what happened last summer. Maybe senpai just poked his head in every irrelevant trouble and give a misunderstanding, right? I know very well that he is not the kind of person who would be violent for no reason. "

 

 ...... Last year, Touka understood without asking the circumstances that no matter how much I explained, no one believes me except Ike and Makiri-sensei.

 I'm really happy about that.

 

"Then, Kai-kun, you impose your own selfish reasons and treat your senpai as the bad guy. Do you think you're on the side of justice trying to help a fragile girl? What is that……  really annoying. Really irritating. Really lame. Really disgusting."

 

"I don't mean that...!"

 

 Kai is overtly upset by the statement of Touka, who told him plainly.

 

"Shut up"

 

 After quietly interrupting Kai's words.

 

"Don't badmouth my lover... ever again."



 

 Touka said quietly, but powerfully.

 

 Kai held his tongue as Touka's intensity was unlike anything he had ever seen before.

 

"... I mean, if you really want to break up me and my senpai, you should not tell me, you should tell senpai first? After all, Kai-kun. You pretend to be thinking about me, but you're only thinking about yourself. Maybe you haven't noticed, but isn't Kai just a self-absorbed narcissistic bastard? ...To be with such a person is really impossible."

 

 Touka said something rather harsh to Kai.

 The person in question made a huffy expression at those words.

 

 Then, with a determined look on his face, he tells her.

 

"I understand how you feel, Touka. I'm sorry I didn't realize it until now. Well, you've been honest about your feelings from the beginning..."

 

"If you understand, then quickly go..."

 

 Kai continued, interrupting Touka's words with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

 

"You said something harsh so that I wouldn't get caught in danger."

 

 At these words, Touka made a look of utter disgust and said in a cold tone of voice.

 

"Huh? ... seriously, I think you need to do something about that assumption."

 

"I know, I'm leaving. I'm not going to let your concern and thoughts go to waste.... I'll definitely help you, so wait a little longer."

 

 With a look of realization on his face, Kai walked toward the exit behind us.

 

 Touka was clicking her tongue out at him, blatantly displeased.

 

 Kai wasn't looking at Touka anymore.

 Straight away, he approached me step by step with a look of hatred in his eyes.

 

 And when he is passing me.

 

"Tomorrow, at this time, in this place. Don't ever run away..."

 

 He whispered in my ear so that Touka would not notice.

 

 Kai opened the door and left the rooftop shortly thereafter.

 

"He is the worst..."

 

 After the door closed, Touka muttered.

 She was clearly in a bad mood. I wondered if Kai's snide remark to me had upset her that much.

 If so, I might be quite happy.

 

"... for covering me and getting mad for me. Thanks, Touka."

 

 I was a little embarrassed, but I thanked Touka.

 Then Touka looked at me with a blank expression on her face.

 

"...Ha? ...Senpai, do you think that everything I said to that guy was for your sake?"

 

"I don't know if it's all of it, but... at least, I know you got angry for me."

 

 Touka was stunned by my answer.

 She was silent for a while, but she finally opened her mouth.

 

 

What is that...

 

 

 Touka said this to herself in a faint voice.

 

 I didn't know what to say to Touka, who has an expression as if she was looking for help.

 

<< Previous Table of Content Next >>