Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Translator Note:

Just wanted to let you know that sometimes I won't translate calls(?) like 'oppa, hyung, eonni, nuna, etc.' and suffixes like '-ssi, -nim, etc.'

So...... Bear with me, please (/▿\ )

Thank You!

***

Chapter 11 – Choosing an Agency

'I've been getting calls like this a lot lately.'

Park Chul-woo, the head of Wings Company, quickly dismissed a call asking about Yoon Jay.

He understands that they are all special forces members, but which unit is Yoon Jay from? What school is he from? A photo of himself from his time as Emma Stewart's bodyguard was revealed, and his repertoire was similar, including his nationality, whether he was Korean or American.

'How long has it been since he worked here?'

It's been less than half a year. In the meantime, Yoon Jay became almost a semi-celebrity, and as a result, the number of requests coming to Wings Company exploded. Wow, this kind of influence in less than a year.

Although Yoon Jay was known to the community by his face alone, he wasn't just good-looking.

[What happened in the duel?]

[I lose again].

[You too?]

[I also lose. Holy shit, are all Navy SEALs like that?]

[Isn't he just special?]

Still, Park Chul-woo handpicked a bunch of kids from the Special Forces who were supposed to be tough, but they all lost their temper in front of Yoon Jay. No one had ever beaten him.

And he's got a lot of talent.

[What's going on?]

[There's something from the Middle East, but the guy who translates it can't reach me. It's urgent......]

[I'll take a look.]

[Do you speak Arabic?]

[A little bit.]

Being able to speak a little was humbling and very classy. Later, when Park Chul-woo showed it to the translator, they asked who did the translation and they wondered whether the one who did the translation was a native speaker.

'As expected, I guess he's not just from Navy SEALs, right?'

Everyone was curious about Yoon Jay's identity, but Jung Seung-woo was tight-lipped, saying he wouldn't tell unless his Hyung -nim told them directly, and Yoon Jay himself didn't talk much about himself. At most, he talked about his half-siblings.

When we work together, we talk about personal things, especially the military because we're all soldiers.

[Jay, you must have been deployed a lot, right?]

[Well, that's right.]

[Is that it? Any stories?]

[Well?]

But Yoon Jay just listened, and never told them what he did. He seemed to have his own reasons for not revealing it.

For such a mysterious newcomer to suddenly ask for a private meeting, there could only be one reason.

"Mr. CEO."

"Uh, yeah. Are you going to stop now?"

Should we go over there and get coffee today? It was the same light response. Yoon Jay, whose eyes were wide open in surprise, regained his composure and nodded his head.

"Yes."

"I knew it. Thanks to you, we've gotten a lot of recognition. Thank you."

Not just a lot, but an explosion. Yoon Jay smiled and took Park Chul-woo's outstretched hand.

"I'm grateful for your kindness too."

Park Chul-woo and his coworker were all good people, so I felt sorry. Even if I take a sudden vacation, or if I suddenly quit like this, they wouldn't ask me why.

'It reminds me of the Fire Brigade.'

They have a similar impression. I quit in a hurry, should I contact Oliver?

Leading Yoon Jay out, Park Chul-woo burst through the office door and announced.

"Guys, say goodbye to Yoon Jay because it's his last day."

The bodyguard coworker, who worked out in the training room and practiced martial arts, turned to him.

"......Is it because we feed you spicy food?"

"I looked it up on the internet and it says it constitutes workplace harassment."

"Ple-Please be lenient......"

Indeed, they gave him spicy food once or twice, but it's not harassment. Yoon Jay grinned and accepted Choi Taeyang's pun. His bodyguard co-workers cheered and surrounded him.

"You're finally making your debut."

"That's great. Don't forget us."

"Hyung -nim, I knew it would happen!"

They didn't seem too surprised that he was abruptly quitting. After all, he was famous, and it seemed better to use his fame to make his debut.

His coworkers patted him on the shoulder and back to encourage him. They knew he wouldn't fail after his debut. He had increased the number of clients for one company even though he was an ordinary person, so he would do well there.

"If you become famous later, you can use us."

"That's right, I'll give you an ex-coworker discount."

Yoon Jay smiled and bowed.

"Thank you for everything."

***

<Children> performed well despite being a re-release.

It was written and pushed by Cho Yoo-kyung, who has a near-monopoly on the market, and the name recognition of Director Lee Young-chang, who won Best Director at last year's Academy Awards.

Naturally, reviews of the movie poured in.

— Has anyone seen <Children>? I saw it because people in the industry were reminiscing about it. They are so fond of memories (approve), I know why it's a masterpiece.

└ (real) If you have never watched <Children>, you will be treated as someone who has never watched a film. But I admit, <Children> is a good film.

└ I didn't like it, it was too old-fashioned.

└ Because it's an old movie. Haha.

└ But Park Donghwa is really good at acting.

└ I'm going to see it, the second time.

— I watched <Children>. I saw it because it's a classic movie, but I was bored and didn't like it. However, the kid's acting was really good, but when I looked him up, I found out he wasn't even disabled. What is he doing these days?

└ I think he was in a drama <All About First Love> or something else. But, I don't know what he's doing after that

└ Ah, Nae Geonma appeared in that drama, right?

└ (yes) Park Shin-woo appeared there briefly as a child. It wasn't long after <Children> was released.

└ What is Nae Geonma?

└└ You don't know Nae Geonma? It's a legend.

└└ "This girl is my girl, don't touch her."

T/N: Nae Geonma is short for the line, 'This girl is my girl, don't touch her'. In Korean, it's (i yeoja nae yeojaibnida geondeulji maseyo).

└└└ Wow;;;

└ It was a famous line at the time

└ Park Shin-woo should be furious if you ask him to do that again. Hahahahaha.

Interest in Yoon Jae-hee has also risen again. Although it was covered by the award-winning performance of <Children>, he also learned that his hyung played the role of a child starring in a drama with an audience rating of more than 50% ratings.

As he scrolled down, Yoon Dojun's finger stopped. He clicked on a post.

— Let's Recognize The Ill-Fated Child Actor Through The Re-Release of <Children>

It was an article about Yoon Jae-hee from start to finish.

There was some speculation that Yoon Jae-hee in <Children> might actually have cerebral palsy, but the truth was confirmed in the DVD behind-the-scenes footage of Yoon Jae-hee wandering around the filming set. After the release of <Children>, he received a barrage of praise from filmmakers through articles and interviews.

<Children> won awards at two of the three major film festivals, and swept other international and Korean film festivals, shedding new light on how great Yoon Jae-hee was at the time.

The reason for the disappearance of Yoon Jae-hee, who has the potential to become a big actor, is that people are too interested in him.

It was the author's speculation.

It was an analysis of why he suddenly disappeared when he was still willing to continue his work, appearing briefly in drama roles after <Children>.

The reasons for his sudden disappearance were various; he developed camera phobia due to excessive attention, he was bullied, his relatives extorted box office revenue, etc.

└ Honestly, it was a mass insanity. He had over a few thousand anti-café members

└ He was born in the wrong era. If it were now, I would have put on a shield and protected him at midnight. And he can sue too (approve).

└ Even in this era, it's still not that safe, right? Haha.

└ What were the kids doing at that time?

└ There is also a rumor that the owner of the anti-cafe is his classmate.

This analysis was almost a foregone conclusion.

After Yoon Jae-hee's disappearance, the movie industry came up with new guidelines for child actors, and the political sphere called for the protection of young people who enter society early.

'I won't do it again.'

Yoon Dojun, who didn't know the details of Yoon Jay's situation, became sullen and closed his browser.

Actually, I wanted to ask him directly instead of reading articles like this, but my half-brother didn't talk about himself much. It was like he was shrouded in mysticism.

'That's fine as it is, but......'

He was so quiet and serious that made Yoon Dojun want to become an adult who resembles him. Still, it's a shame. I really like him. I wanted to brag about him to others.

 

"I'm going to try acting again."

That's why he was so happy to hear Yoon Jay's declaration. Yoon Dojun jumped up and shouted.

"Really? Wow!"

"Hey, Yoon Dojun. What did I tell you? I said he'll do it. Give me the money."

"Did you guys make a bet?"

Park Hyun-ah slapped the twins' thighs, but Yoon Jay laughed.

'Cute.'

It's funny how he's happy about something that's not his business. Since it's like this, let's put a board on it.

"But I don't know much about it. Can you tell me?"

"Oh, sure! What should we start with?"

"Well, don't you think we should start with Oppa's agency?"

The twins got excited and told me what they had heard here and there. If they got any facts wrong, Park Hyun-ah corrected them. She was a drama writer and had heard many stories through Yoon Suheon.

"Dojun is right. Capital comes first in this kind of content market."

"I see."

"When I was a rookie, I tried everything to get PPL into my scripts......"

Park Hyun-ah sighed heavily, regaining her composure.

"Well, and......"

Since the production company manages the entire scene, even if you audition for a supporting role and pass, if the production company doesn't like you, they may cancel the casting.

Park Hyun-ah shared a story of an unknown actor who was notified of the actor's replacement in an article. She also shared her experience in another work.

'At the time, I was happy to be praised, so I just did it......'

It all sounded interesting to Yoon Jay. This was when his mother followed him around the filming set, and his father picked out the projects for him, saying that he should be good at managing Yoon Jae-hee's talent even when he was still young.

"So, it's helpful to choose an agency that knows the production company or investor well, or if the actor can attract a lot of investors. Then you can get into the productions you want to get into."

Well, that's probably going to happen, because I've got Cho Yoo-kyung.

"Have you talked to Director Lee Young-chang yet?"

"If I did, I think he'd want me to do a movie with him right away. It's been a while since I've acted, and I need to know what I'm capable of first."

"......Probably you're the only one who's thinking about that."

The twins nodded at Park Hyun-ah's words. If a Master Director asks you to be in his movie......

"We've gotten sidetracked. Let's sign a company contract first."

"Oppa, do you have business cards?"

Yoon Jay spilled the business cards he had received on the table. The fact that he kept them instead of throwing them away showed that he was still interested in acting.

There are less than 50 agencies in Korea that have good actors, but the business cards he received were quite thick.

"Wow...... Should I throw away the ones that aren't real?"

"I'd be worried if you didn't have a company to go to, but there are so many."

The companies that they had heard of once were put to the right, and the obscure ones were put in the middle. If they didn't know, they searched online and picked them out one by one.

"What's wrong with that one?"

"The representative is not good."

Kim Joo-hwan's company also went straight to the trash.

"This one is hard."

"Ugh......"

With that, we were left with the strong companies.

"So, Jay, what do you want to do? Do you want to build a good filmography, or do you want to become famous somehow?"

"I want to get in front of the camera right away."

I just want to act right now, on set, and to do that, I need to find the best possible environment.

Unintentionally, I created a bit of buzz even before I debuted. Moreover, I have a strong backup, Cho Yoo-kyung and Lee Young-chang.

It would be deceitful for someone to choose to throw this opportunity away and work their way up from the bottom. I have to take what I can get.

"Oh my, wait. Can you give me that business card?"

"This one?"

It's the only one of them that's a personal business card, not a company business card, so it's the one I put in the middle, but now it was noticed by Park Hyun-ah.

Park Hyun-ah's eyes widened as she studied the name on the card.

"Do you know this person?"

"I do. He's also knew your father."

"I don't think I've ever seen him at a funeral......"

"Probably because of his overseas schedule, where did you get it?"

I remember Cho Yoo-kyung's reaction was different when that person gave me his business card. It probably felt like he was superior in this business, right?

"When I guarding Cho Yoo-kyung -ssi."

"That's not easy......"

"Is he famous?"

Park Hyun-ah's gaze keeps going to this business card, which doesn't seem unusual. Yoon Jay picked up his cell phone.

"Shall we contact him?"


***

Satisfied with our translations?

Support SeiRei Translations by tipping on Ko-fi or Patreon.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?