Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive.
Thank you for your support FrankMagri and ZaneofBane

Chapter 248


 Nagi-san's personal training began the very next day.
 She had no time to be leisurely as we were approaching the city where the Demon King was located, so she changed her usual gentle impression and strictly instructed senpai and Kazuki.

"Kazuki, be more flexible with your technique! You don't have to hold back! Come seriously!"
"Y-Yes!!"

 While taking care of Kazuki's magic bullets, Kannagi uses her sheath to deflect senpai's sword.

"Suzune, you should watch and learn my techniques!! If you can't do it, let your body learn it!"
"Just the way I want!"
"Then here I go! Kannagi style, Ittou Idora!!"

 The handle held in both hands is held in the upper position and swung down with as much power as possible.
 Just like that, the ground cracked and a cloud of dust danced in the air.

"W-When I look at it again, it's amazing..."
"I guess that's Kannagi's true power."

 Leona-san and I were watching the scene from a distance.
 There are also others like Nea, Ferrum, Amako, and Blurin.

"Ferrum, Nea, Amako, shall we do it too?"
"""Yes"""

 They're in the mood....
 Ferrum assimilates with me, and as it is, Nea and Amako enter my body.
 My uniform is mixed with black, and the assimilation is complete.

『...I still can't get used to it. 』

 Amako mutters something like that as I stretch my body as if I were doing warm-up exercises.
 In response to her mutterings, I hear Nea's voice, which sounds awfully happy.

『Oh yeah? I'm used to it, you know? It's quite comfortable. 』
『No, you're too relaxed... 』

 I'm just wondering what it's like to be assimilated by me plainly.
 It seems Ferrum and others can sleep normally, and I wonder if it is built surprisingly comfortable?
 ...No, what is built surprisingly comfortable?
 Is my body a shared house or something?
 As I'm thinking and retorting to myself, Blurin came to me as I was doing warm-up exercises.

"Gru"
"Sorry, I can't do more assimilation..."

 Blurin also seems interested in my current appearance.
 However, my current body is over capacity, so even if I were to assimilate, either Amako or Nea will have to be replaced.
 Now I have to test how much I can do with this basic assimilation, so let's leave Blurin to watch for now.
 After stroking Blurin's lower jaw area, I turned to Leona-san.
 
"Take care of me, please. Leona-san."
"Yeah. What should we do first?"
"I'd like to try something. Can I ask you to fly a magic bullet?"
"Understood"

 Leona-san creates a number of ice pebbles that emit cold air and float into the air.
 They are coming towards me at a fairly fast speed.

"Fuh!"

 I backstep and avoid them all at once.
 With Amako's foresight in my ears, I deal with the ice bullets, and the attacks I can't avoid are dealt with the resistance spells that Nea has given me.

『Usato, nothing special about this change, does this mean anything to you?』
"Of course!"

 I move while repelling the ever-approaching ice bullets with my fists.
 At some point, the location shifts from near the waterfall basin to the forest.

"Ferrum! Do you remember what we talked about before this training?"
"Eh? Is that the kind of thing that makes my dark magic more elastic? Like I said, do you think I could do something that delicate?"
"No, if it's you! You can do it!"

 Ferrum was half-convinced, but considering the characteristics of dark magic, it should not be impossible.
 Rather, the fact that Koga was able to imitate my elasticity grant so easily suggests that it is not a very difficult technique for a dark wizard.

『Again, he's trying to do something weird... 』
『It's the usual Usato. 』

 I can hear Amako and Nea's exasperated sighs.
 As if to drown it out, the dark magic sword extended from my arm releases a shock wave, blowing away the ice debris.
 To begin with, Ferrum is doubtful about giving elasticity to dark magic.
 So I decide to fire her up with some effective words here.

"Koga can do it."
『...What? If he can do it, so can I!"
『So easy』
『She is so easy』
『You guys are so annoying!!』

 Ferrum yelled at Amako and Nea, causing a change in the black magical power gathered in my left arm.
 The black magic that was made hard now has elasticity like rubber.
 When I lightly punched a tree to test it out, it recoiled back with a thud.

"As for the elasticity itself, my elasticity grant is stronger... but this is fine!"

 I spread my left hand and caught one of the ice bullets.
 With a slight recoil, the ice bullets sinks into the palm, completely killing the impact.
 As it is, I put elastic magic power on both legs and move while kicking trees.

"This is how you use it!"
"Is that what you want to try?"

 Leona-san, holding a spear, comes towards us while creating more ice bullets.
 The ice bullets increase in number and attacks.
 In response, I slammed the front of the dark magic that was transformed like a cloak, neutralizing the impact itself with elasticity.

"Then, can this be prevented?"
『U-Usato! Above!!』

 The ice bullets were unleashed to overlap the sun overhead.
 The stones slam into the dazzled me and I fall to the ground --- but the black magic concentrated on my back makes my body rise up into the air again as if bouncing off the ground.

"Oops, it also protects against the impact of an attack. Its name is...Darkness Cushion."
『Guys, the name of this technique is Cushion Armor, okay? 』
『Mm』
『I have no complaints. 』
"Areeh?"

 Didn't you hear me?
 Well, it's a little unsatisfying, but cushion armor is fine.
 My personal elasticity for movement, attack, and defense, and the elasticity of Ferrum, which is armor that can be used to block the impact of attacks.
 If these two are used well, they should be a weapon that can be used in actual combat.

"Okay, let's continue!"
"I won't hold back either!"

 I wield the gauntlet on my right arm, and Leona wields the spear she's holding.
 Time is limited.
 In the meantime, I have to train my cushion armor to the point where it can be used in actual combat.

——— seireitranslations.blogspot.com ———

 My training with Leona-san ended about one step before we became serious.
 This is partly because I am training to practice something new that I want to try, but more importantly, because Nagi-san asked me to cast a healing spell on Senpai and Kazuki.
 After applying healing magic to the exhausted duo, we cook roasted fish over a campfire, but at a distance, their training continues.

"Kazuki! That's right!! Make use of your characteristics!!"
"Yeesss!"
"But it's too slow! Then they'll beat you right away!!"

 I guess it's not bad that I looked twice at Kazuki, who somehow rode on the light magic that transformed into a disk and started to move in the air.
 As Nagi-san anticipates Kazuki's magic bullets with her foresight magic, and dodges them easily, senpai, clad in electric shocks, charges at her.

"Eat this! Raiden Inu Hashiri (Thunder Dog Run)!"
"Easy! Kannagi style, Mikakushi-Gaeshi (Unhidden Flip)!"

 Nagi-san, who thrusts the tip of her black sword into the ground and instantly creates a cloud of dust, avoids the attack of senpai, who slashes at her in a lightning flash.
 Nagi-san let go of her sword as it was, and slammed two-handed palm strikes into senpai.

"Bare Hands, Ushikuchi!"
"Uguoh!?"

 Senpai rolls on the ground and stands up again.
 She wiped her mouth, even though it was covered in dirt, and smiled.

"Not yet...!"
"That's the spirit, Suzune! You should be able to do more!!"
"M-Master Kannagi!"
"Come on!"

 The training intensified as it was, involving Kazuki.
 ...Is it supokon? (Note: The act of devoting oneself to a single sport and working hard at it. It is often used to refer to manga that depict protagonists with such tendencies)

"Those guys are so passionate..."
"If anything, I think Kannagi is a good match for Suzune."

 Ferrum and Nea are having a good time eating grilled fish.
 Even though they're not serious, I'm impressed that she can take advantage against senpai and Kazuki.
 If there was time, I would have participated in the training, but I can't stand in their way right now.

"Here, Usato. Fruit."
"Oh, thank you."

 Amako offers me a purple nut.
 When I take it and put it in my mouth, the unique sourness and faint sweetness spread in the mouth.
 Mm, it's not bitter and it's just delicious.

"Okay, this is an edible fruit."
"Come on, little fox. You made me poison tester again."
"Mm, just kidding."

 Are you really kidding?
 I glanced at Amako, who was eating nuts without worrying about it, and let my shoulders drop.
 Then, Leona-san, who was sitting across from me, started talking to me.

"You come up with new techniques after every fight."
"Hahaha, this time I just used Koga as a reference."

 It could be said that since he imitated my elasticity grant, I imitated him back.
 Well, I wasn't able to handle it as well as Koga, but I was able to add elasticity and differentiate myself, so I guess it's okay.

"I think your presence is reliable after all."
"Your ability is higher than me, so..."
"I'm not talking about strength or anything like that. You have a ...... how should I say it, a kind of trust that you can handle any situation in a way that no one else can come up with."
"T-Trust..."

 Is it a compliment to have a method that no one else can come up with?
 No, I'm sure Leona-san is praising me, but I have mixed feelings about it.

"...Hey, Ferrum."
"Hmm?"

 While Leona-san and I were exchanging such conversation, Nea was talking to Ferrum, who was sitting next to her, chomping down on grilled fish.

"Does Leona meet the criteria for assimilation?"
"Eh!?"

 Ferrum tilts her head while biting into the grilled fish, and Leona-san responds with a somewhat over-the-top reaction.
 Ferrum stared at her for a few seconds, then slowly shook her head.

"Looks like I can't ...... yet. I feel that way. I guess it's simply because we just met recently."
"I see..."

 Leona-san's shoulders slump in slight disappointment.
 When I tried to call out to her to make a follow-up, Ferrum spoke faster than I could.

"Well, I can tell right off the bat that you're not a bad guy. I simply just met you, so don't worry so much about that."
"...Yeah, thank you, Ferrum."

 ...Well, what can I say, I was impressed.
 I realized how much Ferrum had grown, from her piercing attitude when she first joined the Rescue Squad to the fact that she was now able to speak words of concern for others.
 Perhaps noticing my expression of surprise, Ferrum stares at me.

"W-What are you looking at..."
"No, it's kind of a parental feeling... I think Amako thinks so too."
"Good girl, good girl"

 Pat pat, Amako, who had moved next to Ferrum at some point, stroked her head.
 Ferrum, realizing it, shook off Amako's hand, her face turning bright red.

"Don't treat me like a child!"

 Just as I was thinking how cute it was, someone patted me on the back.

"Grua!"
"Ooh, what's wrong, Blurin?"

 I turn around and see Blurin.
 Hmm? He seemed like he wanted to say something, but what is it?

"Perhaps Blurin would like to assimilate with Usato?"
"...Is it so?"
"Grua!"

 It seems so.
 Come to think of it, he wanted to do that a while ago too.
 I think it will be fine now, let's see if Ferrum can assimilate him.

"Ferrum, can you assimilate Blurin?"
"Haah? ...Ah, well, I guess I can do it. I'm involved with this guy for some reason."

 Come to think of it, we've been running battlefields together.
 It seems like she will try it right away, Ferrum, who has turned into black magic, assimilates with my body.
 And Blurin, who was right next to me, jumped to me---just like that, and we assimilated.

『Grua!』
"Oh, I can hear the voice of Blurin from inside me."

 It feels kind of fresh, different from Ferrum and Amako.

"So, what do you think?"
"I don't see any change in appearance..."
"It's the usual Usato."

 Leona-san and Nea look at me with interest.
 Then, Ferrum inside me speaks.

『Well, let's try to reflect the race characteristics of the assimilated Blurin?』
"...Can you do that?"
『I can do it, or rather, I've done it many times already. When I made you look like a demon, I kind of gave you my features.』

 At those words, Amako gives a curious look.

"Then, can you also bring out the characteristics of me and Nea?"
『It's not impossible. Well, I didn't do it because I thought this guy didn't need it』

 Indeed, I don't need the abilities of a vampire...
 There may come a time when I need a sense of the beastfolk, though.
 While I'm thinking about that, Ferrum reflects the characteristics of Blurin to me.
 Then, I let out a cry of surprise as I see the collar of my group uniform and both my arms from the elbows down becoming covered in black hair, my hands changing as if they were wrapped in a black blanket.

"M-My arm..."

 I feel somewhat overflowing with power.
 Does this mean that the power of Blurin was reflected?
 I also feel my senses have become sharper.
 Success, I thought, and looked up to see Amako and the others --- for some reason, they were holding back their laughter.

"Eh? What's wrong?"
『Why are you laughing?』

 Amako and Nea are covering their mouths as they laugh, but Leona-san turned around and her shoulders are shaking.
 As Ferrum and I were puzzled, Nea pointed at my head with tears in her eyes.

"You are growing ears like Blurin, you know that?"
"...Eh?"

 I touched his head dumbfounded, and there were round ears that should not have been there.
 Could it be that my head has grown a bear's ear as a result of reflecting the characteristics of the race?
 As if she couldn't bear it anymore, Nea started laughing while pointing at me.

"Pu, fufufu! I-It looks good on you!"
"Mm, I think it suits you very well."
"T-These guys...!"
『I want to see it too. I want to look at it and laugh as hard as I can. 』

 I have no allies with a conscience.
 Leona-san glances at me from the side, her shoulders were shaking and she was just enduring it.
 It is no use.
 I can't stand the shame anymore.
 Moreover, if that person finds out about this---,

"Usato-kun has furry ears!?"

 Useless, it's too late!
 It was locked on even though it was quite a distance away!?

"Master, stop for now! I now have a place to go to!!"
"Suzune, don't look away!"
"Then I have to surpass master now! Let's go, Kazuki-kun!"
"Ah, wai, senpai!?"

 Senpai is moving toward Nagi-san with tremendous motivation.
 When I saw it, my cheeks twitched as I imagined what would happen next.
 My assimilation with Blurin seemed strong, but I can't show it off in front of senpai...

——— seireitranslations.blogspot.com ———

Author's Notes:
Form name: Kuma Usato
The abilities increase muscle strength and strengthen the senses, etc., and fur and other elements are attached to the group uniform to give it a fluffy feel.
The appearance is so destructive that even that Leona turns away.