Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 2 | Since When, and Until Then | Remake our Life!


Part 5

After taking the subway and getting off at Osakako Station, we found the place we were looking for after a short walk.

"Ha~, we've finally arrived."

"From Geidai, it's a long way to the city. Moreover, it's on the edge of the city."

We could have come by car, but we chose to come by train because it was obviously going to be crowded. In fact, all the parking lots were full, so it seemed like a good decision.

"Still, it's an amazing building."

The impressive blue and red building clearly stands out compared to its surroundings.

At Shinoaki's request, I searched from the depths of my memory for date spots around Osaka. As a result, it ended up being the safest and most famous place.

"This is my first time coming to Kaiyukan. What about you, Kyoya-kun."

"Y-Yeah, it's my first time too."

I mean, with the body of this age.

When I was in my former body, I used the museum several times as a date spot, and I have also been here personally. There are marine creatures that can only be seen here, and the museum itself is so satisfying that most of the visitors are repeat visitors.

"I see. I have a family home here, and I thought I'd be here more often."

"It's close to Osaka, but Oji is in Nara Prefecture."

However, if I had been a more communicative person when I was in middle and high school, I would have come here with friends normally.

Anyway, now I had to do my best to give the impression that this was my first time. With these thoughts in mind, I made my way to the ticket booth on the third floor.

"He~e, it's an interesting construction, going up eight floors at a time and then going down one by one to look around."

"It's odd, isn't it? I wonder if it's because the tank is so big."

In fact, as you enter, you can see that the same tank changes the place where you look at it, such as looking above water or under water. I don't know if that was the original goal.

I bought tickets and took the escalator up.

"I'm looking forward to it."

"Right."

I was a little nervous about the word "date," but as I got there, I started to look forward to it more and more.

*

--- seireitranslations.blogspot.com ---


"P-Please give me a ticket for two students!"

After confirming that Kyoya and Shinoaki had gone first, we decided to go inside as well.

"How much?"

Tsurayuki called out to me from behind, wallet in his hand.

"Eh, it's okay. I forced you to come with me. I'll treat you."

"I don't mind. I want to see the fish, too."

I was somewhat forcibly given the money for the ticket.

"So you are interested in fish."

"It's not that I'm interested, it's just that I grew up in a place without an ocean. I like the ocean and things like that."

"He~e...That's so."

I didn't know much about it because there was a huge lake like the sea nearby.

"Your place is close to the sea...Wasn't it, my bad-guho!"

"I knew you were ab~~~solutely going to say that!"

I aimed at his solar plexus and slammed my hand into it.

We take the insanely long escalator to the top floor. Since there is basically nothing to do, one naturally ends up talking to one's partner. Well, this is indeed a date spot.

"So, what are you going to do? Are you going to follow them from behind the pillar like a detective?"

Well, this is the guy I'm with....

"That's the only option, right? It's an aquarium, so it's dimly lit, and I'm also wearing a disguise, so I don't think anyone will notice if I get a little closer!"

Yes, today we came here without telling Shinoaki and the others, so we were dressed differently than usual.

"Disguise...well, I can barely call it that."

However, I only wear sunglasses, a mask, and a hat.

"I'm just worried it'll look suspicious."

Tsurayuki kept his head tilted the whole time.

Well, I also have a feeling of what I am doing. Yes, I do, but it was that time when I couldn't stand still.

"Even if you hear the talk, what are you going to do from there?"

"Hmm... Just listen and then think!"

"So you didn't think about it! Think that far before you make a move, mou!"

Because it couldn't be helped that I was acting reflexively! As expected, I was too embarrassed to say that....

While we were talking about this, the escalator arrived at the top floor.

"Come on, let's go! First, we need to confirm the location of the two of them!"

"Yes, yes..."

As detectives, we definitely got 0 points, so we chased after the two while making normal noises.

--- seireitranslations.blogspot.com ---

Part 6

"I met with your father the other day, Kuroda."

After a short pause, sensei suddenly cut in.

"Keh, that's what you've been talking about from the beginning. It's tough."

I clicked my tongue inwardly.

"Because of my job, I have to see him. He politely asked me to take care of you."

I let out a big sigh on purpose.

"In his mind, he doesn't think about it even for a millimeter. My father thinks that as long as he pays me, I'll grow up on my own."

"At least to me, he seemed a little worried."

"Well, he has an acting ability. He used to be an actor."

"I see, it's been more than 10 years since he retired. That's fast."

Sensei looked up at the ceiling and sighed lightly.

Kuroda Shoichi. He is currently working as a producer at Toho Pictures, a major film distribution company. He originally worked as an actor, and although his acting wasn't that great, he was good at getting around and making connections, and by changing his profession halfway through his career, he achieved great success.

During his acting career, he married a magazine journalist whom he met on the job, and they had one child.

That is,

"Me."

Sensei nodded silently.

"Kuroda, I, you know"

Surprisingly, there was no mockery or laughter in sensei's eyes at all. It looked like she was clearly worried about me.

"I saw that your exclusive and idealistic way of pursuing your ideals to the extreme was your revenge against your father."

"To my father, huh?"

I let out an exaggerated sigh.

"It was my father who started using celebrities and comedians to dub foreign films, and it was my father who used celebrities who had not one millimeter of connection to the film for promotion."

"He has been praised by the distribution company as a producer who can create a solid splash, but on the other hand, the movie fans are giving him a beating."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"What do you think?"

"I think that's trash."

Sensei laughed aloud 'Haha'.

"He gets jobs based on connections and relationships, and then he does some silly wordplay and contrived promotions with no regard for the content. He's the kind of guy who gets hooked on a topic, gets publicity, and gets the job by being laughed at, not by making people laugh."

Sensei was listening to the story, keeping her eyes fixed on me.

"At home, things were also, well, terrible. Cheating was a natural, drinking was a daily occurrence, and he hardly ever came home when my mom complained about it. He was the worst father ever."

"I see. It seems like it's only natural that he would earn a grudge."

Sensei nodded heavily.

"Unfortunately, sensei."

But I,

"It's not like that. If you think I'm like this for such a cheap reason, that's beyond rude."

Sensei's expression twitched.

"Hou...?"

She was in a position to say, "Let's listen to what you have to say".

"Indeed, that guy is the worst. But everything he did was to enhance his own work as a producer, not to waste money and create debt or get the cops on him for having a black affair."

My dad went to a lot of drinking parties, but he rarely got drunk. Even when it came to female scandals, he seemed to pick and choose people with influence, hoping that would give him a casting advantage.

"As a producer, he's an old-fashioned type and not my favorite at all, but he put up some numbers on that one. There is no doubt that he is competent."

Sensei took a sip of coffee and smiled.

"So what are you building things against? And what are your enemies?"

"It's simple."

I sighed heavily. This was something I had hated and despised all my life. It was a sign of resignation to something I had hoped to someday outwit them.

"The masses. I don't like the masses, who rejoice in crap like my dad made, who are driven by booms, who only touch what people are talking about, who are cowardly and ignorant and yet exclusive, I hate the masses."

Hahaha, a loud laugh rang out.

Sensei looked at me happily.

"It's a big one."

She stared at me, as if to tell me to continue.

"I wanted to make good stuff. A really good thing can stand out a little bit, can kick up a bunch of crap that's just eye-catching. That's what I've believed and worked for ever since middle school."

I started out aspiring to be a manga artist, and joined the film studies club in middle school and high school. However, the people in the club were all just talkative and didn't want to make anything, and they were all hopeless.

I studied the techniques and pushed myself with knowledge so that I could twist aspiring directors and actors with theory. All for the sake of revenge against the masses of idiots who have been showing me hopelessness.

"But it must be an annoying and troublesome emotion. And I know it's not a bad thing that sensei cares enough to mention it."

Looking back on it now, it's full of chuunibyou-like elements, so it's no wonder it was laughed at.

I thought I wouldn't be laughed at again like before.

But sensei said,

"—I see."

This time she didn't laugh.

"That's why you came to the University of the Arts. This is where you will find people who are not what you think of as the masses. In other words, you can make things with people like you — that's what I thought."

"Yeah, you're right."

Even if it didn't work through high school, if I went to college, there would be people with a different mindset. That's what I thought. I made a list of universities that had full-fledged film and video departments, and chose a university that seemed to attract a more unique group of people, and I was accepted.

This should at least solve the human resource problem.

That's what I thought. I believed it.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next