Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 2 | Since When, and Until Then | Remake our Life!


Part 3 (Hashiba Kyouya's POV)

When I think about it, my life really became more colorful after I entered art university.

Living in a co-ed share house, having events alone with girls, and finally getting a confession of love. What an enviable life it must be for someone like me, who is just over 30 years old and has had a gray life.

With these thoughts in mind, I was riding the Kintetsu train together with Shinoaki.

"It's been a while since we went out together like this, just the two of us."

"R-Right."

We had gone shopping before, at the end of the year, but not since then.

When Nanako was just busy, she could not come, and I was impressed that Shinoaki looked a little apologetic.

(Yes, even back then, Shinoaki's words made my heart flutter......)

Are you glad it wasn't Nanako? I was naturally conscious of the fact that Shinoaki's words included such words, and I thought about this and that all sorts of unnecessary things.

Well, after that, it never occurred to me that time would take a big jump...

(Why did Shinoaki say that?)

If she wanted to go somewhere for fun, she didn't have to call it a date. But the fact that she went to the trouble of calling it a date suggests that she meant it in a certain way.

Even though I've been told not to be conscious of it, it makes me wonder if it means something like that for a bit.

...Well, you wouldn't normally kiss someone I don't have any feelings for.

"We've arrived."

From Shinoaki's words, I realized that the train had arrived at the Abenobashi station, the last stop on the line. From here, we plan to transfer to the subway to get to our destination.

"Yeah, then let's go."

I walk away, suppressing my nervousness.

(I wonder what everyone is doing by now........)

I didn't want to think about Nanako and Saikawa, who had an incredible look on their faces, for a minute now.


*
--- seireitranslations.blogspot.com ---


(Kogure Nanako's POV)

Kyoya and Shinoaki are walking side by side. I sneakily walk after them, trying not to be seen.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, did you hear that? Hey, did you hear that? Shinoaki said "Just the two of us". That's already ... She's very conscious of him, don't you think?"

"Not really. Shinoaki ain't that concerned about it."

"Idiot, what are you talking about, Shinoaki concerned! You just don't seem to be interested in relationships between men and women, so you don't notice it! Hey, hey, hey, what should I do? What should I do?"

"I don't know! Really, Nanako, you should feel for me who got caught up in this ... It was really hard for me to have to lie to Sayuri-nee to get out."

"Because, you know, I wanted to go with Saikawa, but she said she couldn't get out of class, so I decided to ask Tsurayuki, who seemed to have some free time, to go with me."

"I have no free time. How am I supposed to relieve the sadness of having to spend all my writing time on this nonsense?"

"Eh, that's where Sayuri-san..."

"If I said that, she'd just say that the manuscript doesn't matter, and I'd be forced to spend even more time and money on it. I mean, they're getting further and further away, but is that okay?"

"Eh, of course it's not! We'll chase them!"

"Really, please give me a break."

I grabbed Tsurayuki by the scruff of his neck as he grumbled, and I trotted after the two of them.

I don't particularly mind if Shinoaki goes on a date with Kyoya. I confessed my feelings to him, but we are not in a relationship, so it's free for him to do whatever he wants.

But I was very curious about the aggressive approach from Shinoaki to be alone with him. Maybe she will tell Kyoya how she feels about him. If that happens, I am very, very curious about how Kyoya will respond.

"I wonder ... what Kyoya thinks about it."

I guess that's what I want to know, after all.

"A-Areh? Hey, Tsurayuki, where did those two go?"

"Haa...What should I really do with this?"


--- seireitranslations.blogspot.com ---


Part 4 (Kuroda Takayoshi POV)

"...Chissu"

When I knocked on the door of the visual department office, a short answer came back, "Is it Kuroda, you can come in.'' I don't know what the business is, but I want to finish it as soon as possible.

The lab was the usual mess. I'm sure she's a very skilled person among the professors, but perhaps that's the power she gained in exchange for her ability to keep things organized.

"Sit down there. I'm sorry I called you."

"No, I'm sorry, I couldn't come on the day I was told either. So, what do you need?"

I received a sudden phone call and was summoned to the office. Since it wasn't convenient that day, I made another appointment the next day and went there.

"Sorry, just give me three more minutes. I'll send an email and then I'll come to you."

"It's fine, I'm not in such a hurry either."

It was true that I was in no hurry, but it was also true that I didn't want to stay long.

First of all, I'm not very good at this professor. She is knowledgeable, and experienced, and most of all, I like the fact that she is introducing new elements to the video genre one after another. Of all the professors in the department, she is probably the only one who has the correct knowledge about Nico Nico Douga.

However, I am not very good at the "understanding" aspect, including that point. I also find it bothersome that she has the talk skills of a seasoned detective, who, as if to say that she knows what students are thinking, asks them about their true intentions while using a roundabout way of talking.

And most of all, I don't like the fact that she is so closely associated with Hashiba Kyoya. I don't think she's giving him preferential treatment, but I can't help but wonder if they are plotting for each other.

So, when I talked to this person, I tried to speak in an informal way. I was used to talking to adults who were a hassle, so it didn't bother me, but it was basically a hassle to have to prepare myself beforehand.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I apologize."

Sensei appeared with a cup of coffee in each hand.

"Is black coffee okay? If you need milk and sugar, use those."

At the end pointed out by her chin, there was coffee softener and a stick of sugar. Both were still in their large bags, and you could see her personality here.

"So, what's the talk?"

I ask her simply and straightforwardly,

"Don't be impatient. Why don't we start with small talk?"

She brushed it off with a wry smile. This is it, this is the part of her that I'm not good at.

"First of all, regarding Shibata, it seems that you had a lot of trouble."

Despite the fact that it is small talk, it comes from a troublesome topic.

"Well, not really...There was nothing special on my part."

"Really? From what I heard from Hashiba, it seems like it was quite trouble."

I gritted my back teeth.

In that case, I had already heard that Hashiba had been working hard to settle the stalking commotion that Shibata had caused.

I don't know if it was trouble or not, but it was originally none of my business. Sensei told me that there was a possibility that Shibata had gone crazy because of my words and actions, but if he went crazy just because I told him the truth, I couldn't help but be puzzled.

Despite such a situation, Hashiba was able to make up for my mismanagement of the situation.

I don't like it. I don't really like it, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

Therefore, I,

"I am sorry."

Although I didn't want to, I decided to apologize anyway.

"No, it's not a case where you were directly involved. Well, it's about a former team member, so I just thought you might have some thoughts."

I'm sorry, but I almost forgot he even existed.

"So, are we done? This is what your business is, right?"

As I was about to proceed, sensei continued with something unexpected.

"You can't end it. Because that's exactly what the main topic is about."

"Ha?"

What do you mean? Didn't you just say that there is no direct involvement?

"Kuroda, your ability as a production manager is extremely high."

"Thank you for that. What's the matter with you, all of a sudden you're praising me?"

"But. Considering your age and experience, you are too strict. Staff would not be able to keep up, and there would be sad examples such as Shibata."

"Keh, I don't care. This is a university of arts, right? We are here to study creativity, and it's wrong to be so lenient. I hate to say it, but if you're going to lose heart over something as trivial as that, it would be better for you if you retired early. I mean, even what sensei said to us when we were freshmen included that kind of talk."

"Haa, you're hitting me where it hurts. Well, you're right."

Sensei let out a unique laugh and said,

"That said, part of learning is learning from the inexperienced. Not everyone comes here with such a firm resolve. Don't you think it would be useful in your future life to look at the people who can't do it?"

"Not at all. I wouldn't work with someone like that in the first place."

"Ho~, well said. Well, if you're as strong as that, you're more likely to survive as a producer."

I don't like it.

For a while now, she's been giving me tiresome topics, but instead of hitting back firmly at my replies, all I get is a neglecting response.

"So, do you want me to stop that kind of behavior?"

"That's, well, if you stop, my daily tasks will be reduced. The fewer troublemakers there are, the more comfortable a college professor is in the business."

"I guess you don't want me to stop after all."

"No, that's not it, I don't want an easy-going business because it's boring. Without someone like you sticking out, my days are flat and I hate it."

Which one is it?

As expected, I was getting a little irritated.

"You want me to stop, right? Otherwise you wouldn't have called me in the first place."

"No, as I've said many times, that's not what I mean. Unless you cause direct damage or make personal attacks unrelated to the production, I'm not going to poke at that point."

"Then what are you trying to say! I thought I was going to be told to fix it or stop, but I was told that wasn't the case, so please explain what you want me to do about it!"

The rambling was so bad that my words became rough. Well, it's not like she was punishing me for it, so it's okay.

"Don't be so angry. I'm not taking issue with your behavior per se. If anything, I'm talking about the root of it."

"What is that?"

If the behavior itself is fine, I don't see anything wrong with it.

"What I want to ask you, Kuroda, is about your principle of action."

"Principle of... action?"

Sensei nodded and said, "Yeah."

"I just thought it was obvious that you were deriving something, some troublesome and troubling feeling."

"............................."

I didn't even have a sip of my coffee, but I poured it all at once.

Coffee without milk or sugar was very bitter. Moreover, it was lukewarm and not something I would consider tasty.

But I was so thirsty. My thirst was amplified by the fact that I had been more or less right about what I had said all at once, and about what had been said.

In other words, it was completely my fault for letting my anger explode. I should have stayed calm and run away without letting the other person grab me by the collar.

This raccoon dog purposely led me in a way that would make me angry.

It's da*mn frustrating.

The clock in the room is ticking loudly.

"Why do you think so?"

Sensei's mouth twisted into a smile as I finally managed to squeeze out a few words.


"Now, let's get down to business as you wish, shall we?"

I'm sure of it.

I really don't like this person.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next