Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 1 | Until Yesterday, Until Tomorrow | Remake our Life!


Part 2

"So, has the pointless argument settled down?"

With a shopping cart in one hand at the supermarket, Kawasegawa was amazed when she said so. Even today, she looks good with her stare and sigh.

"Somehow. In the end, it doesn't make a difference who wins."

I answer it with a wry smile.

It is not that difficult to make adjustments based on mutual respect. If both parties can praise the good points and put their foot down just enough to pull each other down a little bit, they can generally come together.

In the end, today's song came together by adding some explanation to the chorus.

"I don't know how close those two are, but I think it's time they stopped fighting and getting refreshed like they do in the recreation."

Kawasegawa pouted as she twirled the potatoes in her hands.

"I say so, but this is also a necessary part of the production process. Especially since the songs are the foundation of this work, I want them to be pushed as far as they can go."

If we make a strange compromise there, it will have a ripple effect on the illustrations and videos.

Since this is the part of the plan, so to speak, I want it to be satisfactory.

"I understand. After Tsurayuki joined the team, the quality of the content has improved, and I can see the whole team working toward a complete project."

As Kawasegawa spoke, she suddenly glanced at me sharply.

"But, you know."

Then she pointed a tube of grated ginger at me, holding it like a knife.

"The schedule is getting tighter and tighter. You know that, right?"

"Yes, I know."

Haa, I let out a sigh.

"That's true. The number of drawings Saikawa is giving out is decreasing. But, you know, she hasn't been pushed to that level yet, but it's time to tighten the reins."

"Y-Yes, of course."

I had thought it was about time, but it was reassuring to hear that someone besides me had a good grasp of the situation.

This is the moment when I really feel glad that Kawasegawa is on the team.

"If you already know, please report it step by step. I'm starting to worry."

"I'm sorry. Rather, you don't have to worry about me all the time"

In the middle of my sentence, grated ginger was suddenly thrust at the tip of my nose.

"You know what? I'm not worried about you! I'm worried about the team and the work! But why do you make it about you! It's strange, right! You better take it back!"

Kawasegawa blushed and asked me to correct it.

"O-Okay, I take it back."

With a panicked shake of my head, the tube that Kawasegawa had thrust into with her hand was finally pulled back.

"......Mou, what are you talking about all of a sudden?"

I wondered if it was that much of a misstatement, but, well, she's the one who pays attention to details like this.

(This doesn't mean she try to hide her favor, right, maybe.)

I recently found out that my insensitivity seems to be at a pretty high level, so I'll be careful in the meantime.

After that, Kawasegawa quickly took me around the sales floor, and we quickly bought all the ingredients for our pork miso soup.

When a group of people stay overnight and work together, the most common food is curry or nabe, but I used to make pork miso soup. You can get a lot of vegetables, and it doesn't need to be simmered as much as curry. And since the pot is non-stick, it is easy to clean up afterwards.

When I mentioned this to Kawasegawa earlier, she said, "You're very housekeeping, aren't you," without even trying to be polite. I mean, she already said something like that to me.

Perhaps because it was dinner time, the cashier was crowded. I pushed my cart and got in line.

"I'm worried."

Kawasegawa suddenly blurted that out.

"What? Is this a continuation of the story about me being housekeeping?"

"You're wrong. I wouldn't pull a story like that, that's not what I meant."

When she turns around to look at me with really worried eyes,

"I'm worried because I don't know if your plan will work."

"Ah, that's what you mean."

The secret plan that I told all the staff to compete in this contest.

Kawasegawa was convinced of that, but was uneasy because of the "lack of previous example."

"I know that in my head. Your explanation was solid, and then there was information to back up your theory. But"

I nodded.

"I think it can't be helped. Even I'm not 100% confident."

As a means, it's not a complete gamble. It is just a way of doing what one would do in such a situation. However, the way I do it is very different from the way I have been working and creating artworks in the past, so it is very easy to cause confusion.

Nevertheless, I chose to do this. I knew that in order to make Shinoaki even bigger and to help Saikawa and the other members of Kitayama grow, I could not continue to do the same thing I had been doing.

What I can do, coming from 10 years later. Because I want everyone to experience and witness the creation of the "First".

That's why I set this stage.

"Right, you never make a mistake in that kind of decision."

Kawasegawa took a deep breath.

"But sometimes I don't know where Hashiba is looking."

"Eh?"

My heart thumps.

"I don't know if I'm imagining it or not -- but for some reason I have this feeling that the eyes that are looking at me and at everyone else are staring at something very far away."

"I-Is that so..."

Even though I try never to tell the secret about time with my mouth, and even though I try not to be conscious of it, I can't even pay attention to the way I look at everyone else. But is it possible to see that much?

It may be that Kawasegawa has some fondness for me and is observing me closely on that basis, but there is no mistaking the fact that she felt a sense of discomfort.

(Let's be as careful as possible ... not to let her figure it out)

That said, but I can't say anything concrete.

"Well, you see, I just do housekeeping."

For now, all I could do was make a story out of what was said and make fun of it.

"Mou, I'm sorry. For saying that."

Kawasegawa is pouting.

I wonder what will happen to us in the future.

I have a vision and a future that I want to share with everyone. But I don't know how it will be realized.

I'm anxious, too.

seireitranslations.blogspot.com

Previous | Table of Contents | Next