Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 1 | Until Yesterday, Until Tomorrow | Remake our Life!

.

Part 3

Around the middle of October, a class was held for all second-year students.

Basically, the main focus was on the interim report of the production, but before that, Kano-sensei explained the new screening and scoring methods.

"I think we've already talked about the production being done in collaboration with Nico Nico Douga."

The scoring method was the same as before. The number of views, My Lists, and comments are all multiplied together to arrive at a score, which is then combined with the total score of the first and second works to determine the overall ranking.

"The first screening will take place on the last day of the school festival, at 14:00. It will be uploaded to Nico Nico Douga as soon as the screening is over, and the count will start from there. Two weeks later, the results will be totaled and presented to the class as a whole. Any questions?"

Questions were raised about the procedure for screening and the timing of uploading, but none that would affect the production.

"All right, we will now review progress by team. The representative of each team should come to the lab in turn. Also, when you're done, you'll contact the next team representative."

At the sound of "dismissal," the classroom suddenly became noisy.

"Hashiba, come here for a moment."

Sensei beckons me, and I approach the teacher's desk.

"How's Rokuonji doing? Is everything okay after that?"

"Tsurayuki? Yes, he is completely the same as when he was here before. He is doing fine."

Sensei nodded, looking relieved.

"That's good to hear. Well, right after they get back, they often push themselves harder than you'd think. I think you'll notice that more than anyone else, so watch him."

I knew or should I say, naturally, she was watching that part.

"I understand, I'll be careful."

"I'm counting on you. Ah, also"

"Yes?"

I was about to go back to my seat and turn around again.

"Hashiba, are you okay?"

"Eh, me?"

"Yeah, no matter how strong your mentality is, sometimes the dam can suddenly break. If you think something is wrong, you should immediately talk to me or, if you don't feel comfortable saying so, to the student affairs office."

I see, I thought it was my mission to run all the time, but it's also true that I don't take much rest.

"Thank you. I'm fine now, but...I'll be careful."

"Yes. Cause you've got your team. Be aware of that."

Sensei finally gave the "go back" sign there. I lightly nodded my head and returned to my seat where I had been sitting earlier.

When I checked the progress report, my team was the ninth.

Even with a little leeway, it still looks like we will have to wait at least an hour. Eat lunch and talk to someone...Just when I thought about it,

"Hashiba"

When I thought sensei was done with the business, I was called out again.

Of course, this time the voice was different.

"Kuroda... do you need something?"

"Hihih, It's like, "If you don't have anything to do, don't talk to me". Well, I wouldn't talk to you if I didn't have any business with you."

It's the usual Kuroda way of speaking.

"Hey, do you have some time? I want to talk to you."

Well, I have more than enough time.

However, it doesn't sound like it would be very pleasant to spend that time talking with this guy.

"Fine, but are you done with your report?"

"My group is at the end. The last one. Well, I guess the more sensei wanted to hear about this and that, the later the teacher put them behind."

If that's the case, there are no problems other than emotional issues.

I was invited by Kuroda and left the classroom.

--- seireitranslations.blogspot.com ---

Part 4

It was not on the usual old 2nd cafeteria that Kuroda headed. It was a courtyard with a normal crowd, perhaps because it was not a particularly private talk, or something like that.

Sitting down in a chair carved out of a large stone, Kuroda began talking immediately.

"I heard a rumor about Rokuonji. When I thought you weren't on campus for some reason, I didn't realize you were doing something like that."

Tsurayuki's return to school after a leave of absence seemed to be a hot topic, and some students in the department seemed to pry into this and that, but did it even become a rumor?

"I didn't do anything in particular. Tsurayuki decided to return to campus of his own volition, and the only reason I went to see him was to give him something he had forgotten."

I didn't mean to lie, but I thought it would be troublesome to have Kuroda prying into this and that.

Of course, it was for the sake of production, but above all, it was done with his own self interest in mind, and it was not appropriate for him to be convinced by a clipped part.

"Forgot something, huh... well, I'll leave it at that."

Kuroda didn't seem to pay any particular attention to my words. If someone as perceptive as Kuroda was, he would have known what I was trying to do. If that was the case, there was no need to explain.

"So, what's the talk? It's not just about Tsurayuki, is it?"

"Hihih, of course."

Kuroda immediately nodded and looked at me and grinned.

"Hashiba, would you like to make a bet with me?"

"Bet?"

"Yeah, but it's not about money. Why don't we listen to one thing the winner has to say?"

What are you thinking?

This was the first time that Kuroda had ever initiated something provocative like this. Naturally, I wondered if he had some kind of plan, but since it was only after the competition, there seemed to be no direct relationship between the matter.

If it were possible, it would be ......, or rather, from Kuroda's planning, the possible line of thinking was to prepare for the aftermath of this confrontation.

"Listen to the winner, huh—"

Why did he tell me at this timing? If I think about it, there was only one reason, but it was something that I didn't think I could handle on my own.

"Okay, I'm on board."

"Hah, you answer so quickly, don't you? Is that an answer because you know what I'm thinking, or is that because after you know what I'm thinking?"

It can be predicted to a certain extent.

"There's a limit to what I can do. If you mean on top of that, fine."

"Of course. If Hashiba told me to go do a crime, I would refuse, too."

"I wouldn't say such nonsense, and neither would Kuroda, right?"

"Hihih, looks like you have a high opinion of me, but you know I'm not that clean, don't you?"

No, when it comes to production, you are much cleaner than I am.

I thought about it, but did not say it.

We tore a small piece of notepaper in two and wrote our vows on each.

The content was that when the winner of the contest wins, the winner can say what they hope to the loser, and the loser will make every possible effort to fulfill it.

We both tucked the note into our pockets.

"Okay, we'll continue this after the results are announced."

"Heh, I'm looking forward to it, a lot of things."

Kuroda turned around and walked into the school building with a slightly hunched back. I was somehow staring at his back.

He's foul-mouthed, and his actions are not worthy of praise. However, his sincerity towards creation can be said to be top class among all students.

They have lived their lives seeking the best for what they create, and disregarding everything else. That purity is something I think I cannot compete with.

What he wants now is probably to make Shinoaki an official member.

She is able to almost completely separate her friendships and relationships from her creations.

Although she usually eats and lives in the share house and with the members of Team Kitayama, it is Kuroda and his team that are actually involved in the production of the work. There, she never cuts corners and continues to quietly contribute her skills to the production of the work.

In terms of information, the productions of the Kuroda group are kept out of sight of others, and even when working at home, she makes it a point not to work anywhere but in her own room. Even if Kuroda had warned her first, she was able to firmly follow through because her awareness was properly directed to that point.

In other words, she's a professional.

This must have come as a surprise to Kuroda. He must have wanted to bring her into his team somehow, since she is not only extremely skilled, but also has a level of awareness that is far beyond that of a student.

If he wins, their prestige as a team will grow and no one will question his competence as a producer. It will also be a point to impress the tag team with Shinoaki.

"I wonder what Shinoaki wants to do."

Everything I have considered so far is on our side. What to do next is her own decision.

If, after our team lost, Kuroda wanted Shinoaki to join his team, the most I could do would be to encourage her to do so.

"I wonder what she thinks"

There was no way to understand unless I asked her.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next