Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 1 | Until Yesterday, Until Tomorrow | Remake our Life!


Part 1

Even though it was now October and winter was almost in sight, the weather was still hot and humid. I did not know whether this was due to the recent weather or the region, but I could say one thing.

"How can you not understand, Tsurayuki you stone head!"

"Shut up! Nanako, you are just too sloppy, so don't blame others!"

At the Share House Kitayama, there was another hot and heated discussion today, which probably caused the room temperature to rise now.

"I've said it before, haven't I? If the lyrics are too roundabout and don't convey the meaning, people will get bored, so you have to include something catchy in moderation! But if you use fluffy words like this in the chorus, no one will be attracted to it!"

"Fluffy!? Are you really reading what's in there! If you suddenly use a direct word from the flow and the accumulation up to that point, it's obviously not appropriate! You have to understand the overall tone and that kind of thing before you can say something about catchiness!"

"I'm just saying, what if they cut off the playback before they get to that lofty content! I'm saying this because I don't want people to not be able to see the world you've created with such care and attention, so why don't you get it!"

"They'd take a look at it! I'm not talking about my worldview, I'm talking about your voice and your music, which are great! That's why we need to follow your worldview, even if it's a little bit light here, why can't you understand!"

"I don't get it, you stubborn bast*ard!"

"Shut up, understand this, you singing ghost!"

The discussions, or rather arguments, were usually between Nanako and Tsurayuki.

Nanako writes and sings the songs, but Tsurayuki writes the worldview and lyrics that form the basis of the songs. Neither of them can make the production work without the other, and a major concession to one of them would result in an imbalance.

So, well, I leave the two of them alone when they start doing these things. Basically, I respect what they make, so I don't want to make personal comments or anything stupid like that.

"They're doing it, as usual."

The door next to the living room gently opened and Saikawa peeked out.

She moved into the shared house after Tsurayuki, and has now become a resident here.

"It's been about 30 minutes now, and I'm sure they're going to get tired and one of them will give in."

"Right, it's the usual thing."

Saikawa was gradually getting used to dealing with these guys. In the beginning, she made a fuss about it, saying, "Don't we have to stop them from fighting!?" but when she saw that I left them alone and they made up on their own, she decided that there was no need to worry about them.

"But..."

Saikawa, who was watching the two arguing with each other, suddenly mutters.

"It's great to be able to talk about the things we make like this, and to be able to tell each other about them straight up."

She had a somewhat admiring, and distant look in her eyes.

"But even Saikawa is like a rival to Shinoaki, rig"

Just as I was about to say it, at high speed, Saikawa's head swung to the left and right in a wide, buzzing motion, and the conversation was intercepted in mid-sentence.

"No no, co~mpletely wrong~~! Aki-san and I are as different as the sun and a beanbulb, clouds and mud, freshly pounded rice cakes and dried rice crackers, and a DS and a Game Watch! What are you talking about, we are not rivals at all!"

"O-Oh."

The difference is not that great, I mean, I think Saikawa is great, but I guess there is still a tremendous difference between them in her mind.

"So I think it's kind of nice to be able to face each other as equals like that, but..."

Fufu, she smiled,

"But I think it was great to be able to meet and talk with Aki-san."

"Yes, that's right."

A world 10 years from now that could have been. She had risen to the top without a rival and then lost her way.

Running at the end of the road is much harder and more unsettling than most people think. She was stuck there.

"......Saikawa."

"Yes?"

"Maybe it's not right now, but someday you'd like to be Shinoaki's rival, wouldn't you?"

Saikawa was silent for a moment. It didn't seem like she was trying to make fun of this question.

And with a firm and clear sound,

"—Yes, I think so."

She firmly affirmed.

"I see, thank you."

Eventually, the time will come when she and Shinoaki will be on equal footing. I don't know how many years it will be, but I hope it will happen.

That's going to be the best relationship for both of them.

(I think it's time to intervene lightly.)

If they fought too long, it would be difficult for Saikawa to draw the next part of the illustration. I quietly opened my mouth in front of the lovable group of people who continued to fight amicably.

seireitranslations.blogspot.com

Previous | Table of Contents | Next