Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 3 | Twenty Years of Burning Passion | Remake our Life!


Part 3

We were told to take our time, but there was no way we could stay that long. Soon after, we left the eel restaurant and hurried on our way to the hotel as if we were running away.

On the way back home, we were so tired that I didn't even talk to Nanako at all. We realized that talking to an adult, especially to such a magnificent person, can really suck a lot of energy out of you.

Before returning to our room, we sat down on the sofa in the lobby. Both Nanako and I buried our bodies so deeply in the sofa that I thought we might fall asleep there.

"I never thought that old man was Tsurayuki's father."

Nanako took a deep breath.

"In many ways, this place is amazing."

"...I agree"

In response, I reminded myself again of what had happened since yesterday.

I heard about Tsurayuki from the receptionist at the hospital. I had assumed that she was relatively close to Tsurayuki and knew about him personally.

But in fact, the hospital may have received information from the coffee store. This would explain why our visit and the fact that we were having a meeting at the coffee shop were all being transmitted to the hospital.

Despite the relatively large size of the city, it was under a certain amount of "surveillance". If the story concerned a local prominent figure and his important heir, it would have been immediately reported at once.

(That reminds me, Tsurayuki also said about the informant...)

The story is that the senior who taught him how to play was transferred out of the school. That was probably also the result of something that was set in motion after getting information from somewhere.

As long as we're in this town, we should think that everything will be our enemy.

Someone might have heard about what we are talking about now in the hotel, too.

When I thought about it, this lobby began to look increasingly suspicious to me. There were only a middle-aged couple and a man who seemed to be a foreigner, but there was no guarantee that they were not related to the hospital.

"Nanako, let's go back to our room for now. Let's talk after that."

"Eh, ah... You're right."

It seems that Nanako sensed that atmosphere from my glance.

"Let's talk in my room. Come after you put your luggage down."

Well, as expected, I don't go so far as to think that there might be a spy, but we should be careful. At least we found out that we are unwanted guests.

(Now that this has happened, I have to make a decision)

I open the door to my room with my key card, go inside, and stand there thinking.

It is possible to contact Tsurayuki. He may or may not respond, but I can make a phone call.

But even if I could talk to Tsurayuki, what should I talk about?

Tsurayuki even went so far as to say that it was already over. Mochiyuki-san does not seem like the kind of person who would tell an appropriate lie, and it is probably true that Tsurayuki himself said he was quitting.

What kind of words would I say to Tsurayuki?

And what can we do?

There was a knock at the door of the room. It seemed Nanako had arrived. When I opened the door, she looked a little nervous,

"...Excuse me"

She walked in and sat down gently in the parlor chair. Then she looked around,

"No surveillance cameras... or something like that, right?”

"If they had gone that far, it would be a national news-level problem, as expected."

Looking back on what happened today, I can certainly understand why she would be suspicious of that.

I said bluntly as I sat down in front of Nanako.

"I'm thinking of talking to Tsurayuki. As soon as possible."

Nanako's expression turned slightly surprised.

"What are you going to tell him?"

"Head-on. If we tried to play tricks, Tsurayuki would see through them. We have to make it clear to him that we really need him."

What I try to do is extremely selfish to begin with.

The fact that Tsurayuki still has some lingering feelings about his creation and the fact that he is going back to college are all just the flow of my thoughts.

But I have no doubt that there is a way forward here.

I believe that in order to regain what was once lost, there must be such a great difficulty, and in order to forcibly twist the future, I must desperately bite the bullet, I guess.

"I wonder ... If he will hear us."

Nanako looked a little uneasy.

Anyone who saw Tsurayuki's response would have felt the same way.

"I'm anxious, too. But nothing will start if we don't face Tsurayuki."

One of the reasons he stubbornly refused us must have been Mochiyuki-san's presence.

In order to motivate him to stand up against him, I had to trigger and awaken Tsurayuki's feelings.

"Yes, I'm sure even Tsurayuki has thought about it again since then..."

Yesterday's encounter was sudden. Then he would have had time to calm down and think about it.

"All right, then... Shall we do it?"

"Yes"

I enter Tsurayuki's new number, given to me by Nanako, into my own cell phone.

Press the call button and the call sound echoes.

The sound was the only thing that kept repeating in the quiet room.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next