Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 21 Part 1

Henrietta swore, she didn't want to offend Ophelia. She would have beaten herself the other day if she could. 'Don't know! I really do not know! How strong is Ophelia!'

Henrietta was a wizard whose magical powers were exposed from a young age. Even though I couldn't call myself great because I couldn't hone my skills, my abilities were enough for me to have no trouble fighting knights or mercenaries.

But, I, who am this confident, am but dust in front of Ophelia. Strong wizards don't need to reveal their energy. One day, I went to the Duke's library, read the spell book, and got to know her.

However, I can't imagine how strong she is, because I've never met any other wizards. So, even after I found out that Ophelia was a wizard, I couldn't let go of my regrets.

'That person! If it wasn't for that person!'

I repeated those words tens to hundreds of times. I intend to comfort Young Master who was left alone after the death of the Duke and Duchess. On the night of the funeral, Henrietta sat on Alexander's bed, waiting for him.

But time went on and Alexander never came back. I don't know, that back then, Young Master brought back Ophelia who was trying to sneak away.

Then, when I found Arpad's Annual Income Book in Mr. Adrian's room which I entered by accident, I thought that I finally had my chance. I who have been cleaning Ophelia's room all the time, it wasn't difficult for me to take a strand of her hair and put it in the Duke's Office.

But Henrietta was an idiot. As soon as Ophelia stroked her hair in the corridor, Henrietta realized that this was nothing but a trap set by Ophelia.

Ophelia was a wizard whose class was far different from hers. Henrietta fell to her knees in front of Ophelia, like a weak person bowing to someone powerful. However, at the same time, she did not give up a glimmer of hope.

I still don't know what my magic power is. So I thought, that I work hard to improve my strength. Can I fight Ophelia?

Because of that, for 3 years, Henrietta read and studied magic books most of the night, while pretending to submit to Ophelia. Indeed, there is a way to increase magical power.

On the day she returned from vacation, Henrietta felt confident. The magical power flowing through her body was immense, and it made her wish that maybe she could surpass Ophelia.

Once she entered the Manor with a smile on her lips. She sees Alexander clinging to Ophelia, and Alexander cries.

Henrietta covered her mouth with both hands. The Alexander she knew was not that kind of man.

The proud and noble aura is the hallmark of those born with the blessings of many. Cold gaze and graceful movements like that of a beast.

I fell in love with his beauty and kept it in my heart. Wanting to stay close to him, I turned down the Previous Duke's offer and chose to become a servant instead. Henrietta was happy because as soon as she woke up, she could clean Alexander's bed and clean the rest of the room.

After blinking a few times, Alexander realized that the maid nearby was Henrietta, and he smiled slightly.

"You don't have to do this."

Despite saying that, when I help him change, Young Master will graciously allow me to serve him. However, their peaceful relationship did not last long. One day, as if possessed, Henrietta touched Alexander's muscular back.

"Just do your job properly!"

Alexander grabbed her hand and slapped her, and Henrietta's face hardened. Her eyes radiated a bitterness. 'It was just a mistake', she tried to explain. But Alexander didn't listen to her excuses.

Eventually, Henrietta was kicked out of the room, and from that day forward, Alexander acted as if he didn't know her.

The other maids who didn't even know what was happening laughed and jeered at Henrietta. From then on, she was tossed here and there.

Even so, Henrietta persisted. Because she believed that one day Alexander would forgive her.

But Alexander still behaved like that. He never even looked at her. But, in Ophelia's arms, he cried like a child.

The word shock was not enough to describe how she felt at that moment. That's not the Young Master I know. It didn't suit him at all.

'……I did everything for you!'

As she looked at Alexander with a wavering gaze, her eyes met Ophelia's. Oops! She took a breath quickly. Luckily, the eye contact was just an illusion, Ophelia quickly lowered her head and focused on patting Alexander's back.

After a while, Alexander stopped crying and Ophelia took him away. Henrietta was left alone in a corner of a dark corridor.

Late at night, when Ophelia was asleep, she planned to attack her, but now that plan was thwarted. The atmosphere between the two just now, it wouldn't be strange if they were now in the same room.

They are together now! That's obvious!

Perhaps right now Ophelia was smiling while holding the Young Master's muscular arm. Henrietta thought so while biting her nails. She never left and just kept standing in silence.

"My goodness, is that rat talking?"

The hand gripping her shoulder felt familiar. There was no mistake, earlier that, our eyes did meet. Ophelia silently pressed Henrietta. Henrietta almost died when Ophelia's slender fingers touched her cheek.

In a cold sweat, she concentrated all the magical power she had gathered so far into her fingertips while Ophelia was off guard, as she thought of Henrietta as a rat.

'This is the right time. Now is the time!' she thought. Her body shook as if preparing to strike.

Just before the magic finished, Ophelia glanced at Henrietta's hand. It was a gaze that seemed to see something insignificant. A consistent attitude that assumes that nothing happened.

The moment where Henrietta looked into her blue eyes, Henrietta became desperate. It's very sad, her efforts so far have been nothing. Ophelia interrupted Henrietta's magic, without a single movement.

My vision darkens, and I can't breathe. The magic that was forcibly returned invaded her body. Henrietta, who had lost consciousness, was discovered by a passing servant in the morning.

I had to be bedridden for several days because of the pain. I had lost so much weight that my bones could be seen, and as soon as I opened my eyes I saw the image of Ophelia laughing beside me. She seemed to be looking at me while playing with her silver hair.

I can't sleep because I'm scared. If possible, I want to jump out the window. Even when I rested, it felt like Ophelia's shadow would attack me.

"How long are you going to lie down? You think you're special!?"

A maid comes and beats her. Unable to deal with the constant scolding, Henrietta got up. Her legs were shaking like a small animal learning to walk for the first time.

The maid smiled mischievously when she saw the scene and threw off Henrietta's maid's clothes. The maid, who didn't know the situation, said that Henrietta was earning a higher salary than the other maids but she was being lazy.

Henrietta pushed the maid out asking "Do you want to see me while I change my clothes?" Then, after she put on a maid outfit carelessly, she headed toward Ophelia's room.

Now, just looking at Ophelia's tracks makes my teeth tremble. I was angry because all this time she kept saying that she was leaving, but until now she hasn't shown any signs of packing her things.

While turning on the heater, in her heart, Henrietta was cursing Ophelia. Then, she saw Ophelia enter, wearing a dress torn in several places. Henrietta widened her eyes too.

Traces of a sincere love affair were left on her thin neck. Henrietta wanted to cry, but she couldn't.

.

.

.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?