Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 3 | Twenty Years of Burning Passion | Remake our Life!


Part 1

Since summer began, the weather around here has been sunny all the time. It was in this area that Japan's highest temperature record was set, and while it feels good to have so many sunny days, it still gets a little boring when it goes so long.

So I've been spending more and more days away from home on my motorcycle.

Only the direct sunlight was harsh, but the breeze felt good on my entire body, and most importantly, it was a refreshing change of pace. It was the perfect escape to put myself in the midst of speed, even if it meant deceiving myself with a routine that never happens.

Today, too, I was driving north on the Kan-etsu highway from this morning and came as far as Takasaki. After getting off at a lower road and having a proper run, I got back on the highway and went back the way I came.

I always stop at the Kosaka service area to buy a canned coffee and drink it. Come to think of it, this has become a regular stop for me.

"It's hot"

Gunma and Saitama, where I was just a little while ago, are ridiculously hot in the summer. If I'm not riding a motorcycle, I'd rather spend my days in a T-shirt and shorts.

But today, the uncomfortable sweat didn't bother me. It was because most of my consciousness was occupied by an event that had been stuck in my head for so long that I couldn't get it out of my mind.

"I didn't think he'd really come..."

I gripped the canned coffee and let out a big breath.

Kyouya and the others came.

Although I had expected a little, I didn't think they would actually come.

I guess he wanted to tell me to come back. I refused before he could speak, saying there was no way I could do that. Kyouya remained ... silent.

I feel so pathetic. He was an important friend of mine, and yet I did something to ruin our friendship. In spite of that, when he came to me, I was so rude to him that I turned him away without even talking to him.

But it was all I could do.

"It's over"

I squeeze the can in my hand tightly until it makes a snapping sound.

"I've already decided to quit. That was ... fine"

Talking about it, there's no way to know what's going to happen. There was no way I could do anything with him or go back to college. My dad will never listen to me, and I don't have the energy to try to talk to him again.

My mind is buzzing. It keeps asking if I should do something. The fire that was supposed to be extinguished by pouring water on it is about to burn again, igniting the remaining embers one after another.

"I am..."

I downed the rest of the coffee and looked at the sky. The sky was clear as crap.

"... No, it's fine, with this"

Kyouya's coming almost made me misunderstand for a moment. It was only a trick to think that the fire had been lit, and it was hard to imagine that it would flare up again.

I can't let those guys stay with this deflated burnout of energy. If anything is going to happen in the future, let's just think it's in the past.

If I don't do that... the giving up part of me will come out again.

It's just a nuisance for everyone.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next