Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 6

"Sister."

Alexander called out to me while I was drinking coffee sitting in the corner. It's late enough to be called morning, so of course, I guess Alexander had breakfast. He always got up in the morning to practice his swordsmanship.

"Ah... Hi, Alexander. Good morning."

We rarely see each other in this vast Manor unless we really want to. Alexander liked to spend his days in his room, and I didn't go around the Manor very often except for the study and garden.

"Good morning. No, isn't it already noon?"

He sat across from me with a faint smile. I don't know why he chose to sit opposite me. In the past, even when we ate together, he always sat far from me and my mother, even acted as if he didn't see me.

What do you really want? I suspect Alexander. We can't possibly get along overnight. Even though we both lost Father and Mother, even though we both spent the night sharing sorrow.

"It's still not healed."

"Hah?"

Alexander pointed at my cheek. Following his index finger, I touched my cheek and widened my eyes in surprise. I forgot about it because it didn't hurt so much. But it turned out that my cheeks were swollen from the slap from Catherine.

"I didn't know it was going to turn out like that so I just let it go. It turned out to be worse than I thought."

"It's okay. I'll take care of it later."

"When are you going to do it, Sis? It's been bothering me since yesterday. Sorry that I didn't stop it for you right away."

"Why are you apologizing?"

I waved my hand. It is not easy to accept his kindness.

"Come on upstairs. There's medicine in my room. I'll help you treat it."

Alexander stood up without finishing his meal. I looked down at the food on his plate.

"Take it easy. There's no need to rush."

"I don't know where you're going after you're done eating, so I guess we should go now."

"I will be waiting for you."

"What?"

"I'll be here until you're done eating."

Alexander widened his eyes as if he heard something shocking. He nodded and he quickly put the food into his mouth. I told the maid to refill his empty glass with water.

"I could get a stomach ache."

I smiled and stretched out my hand, brushing the jam that was on the corner of his lips. Alexander looked at me with a wary look, he looked at the jam on my thumb, then he awkwardly pulled the corners of his lips, smiling.

"I didn't think My Sister could be this cute."

"...I never thought I would do this to you."

Alexander wiped his lips with a handkerchief and said, "I'm not a neat person." Then he drank the water and put down the glass.

"Let's go upstairs."

"You are not busy?"

"Right now there's no problem. What if I cry every time I see your cheeks, it hurts my heart."

"Liar. You're someone who doesn't think a drop of blood will come out when you stab someone."

"Geez."

He shook his head. Look at that. This time too. I narrowed my eyes. Alexander was exaggerating as if he was used to such behavior. I've never seen him act like this before a funeral.

Somehow, Alexander changed. His personality suddenly changed.

We went upstairs without saying anything. When I reached Alexander's room, I stopped and looked at him.

"Are you letting me in?"

"Is there a problem with that?"

He opened the door and waited for me to enter first. But I didn't take a single step, I tilted my head in thought. It's been more than a month since I've lived in this Manor, but this is the first time I've seen Alexander's room.

***

"You came this late just to give me this!?"

One day I heard those harsh words from Alexander. That day, probably about 2 weeks after I came to this Manor. I visited Alexander's room because I was asked by my mother. Because at that time Alexander was sick. I brought honey water for him.

Alexander who opened the door shortly after I knocked, was sweating, his neck exposed and his ears red. He frowned, leaning against the door feeling dizzy. And when I held out the tray and looked around the room...

"You're being rude! I can't believe you saw someone else's room."

He said that and took the tray, then slammed the door shut.

***

"No. The problem is..."

I shook my head and went into his room. I thought only his clothes and hair were black, but Alexander even made everything in his room dark. The curtains are dark blue, the antique table is black, and the bed is also an indigo color.

"Come to think of it, this is the first time you've walked into my room."

"...Remember?"

I looked at Alexander and asked. "I mean, you remember that day?" He nodded as if he understood well.

"To be honest, I rarely let anyone into my room. Even when Cathy asked, I always refused."

"There are no maids on duty as cleaners, just ordinary maids." Obviously. I don't know if he doesn't remember or pretends not to know that he's shut his bedroom door loudly in front of me.

T/N: Alexander means, there is no maid cleaning his room. So really no one has ever entered his room, at least there is a maid who was ordered to (bring drinks, etc.) who had entered his room.

"I see. This is an honor for me."

Slowly I looked around the room, I could tell that Alexander kept looking at me. He smiled awkwardly, brushing the back of his neck.

"This is a small room."

"No. It's a neat and nice room."

"I'm grateful you said that, Sis. Please sit down and wait a moment."

Alexander pointed to a sofa. I sat on the soft sofa and watched him open a drawer. Inside were many things neatly arranged in that drawer. He was more of a knight than a writer, but it was surprising because there was a notebook that looked like a diary.

"...You have a diary?"

"Oh, you saw it? I was embarrassed, so I kept it a secret."

Alexander immediately closed the drawer. Then walked towards me holding a medicine bottle.

"This is going to hurt a little. Let me get your hair out first..."

He pushed my hair to the side. I hugged the pillow so I was too lazy to do it. So I just let Alexander take care of it and I kept quiet.

"...Yeah."

Alexander smiled briefly as if he was embarrassed. Then he lifted his head as if he had made up his mind. Then a hard finger that had calluses touched my temple. He pulled my long hair back.

"Wow... It's soft. Oh, I've never touched a girl's hair before. It's like a cobweb."

His lips parted slightly, and he looked amazed. Of course, other people have praised this soft hair of mine. Maybe it's because the silver hair is so eye-catching under the night sky. Alexander admires my hair which looks like a cobweb. "Girl? I'm your sister."

I smiled faintly. We are not related by blood and my name is not registered in this family. But, I will still be Alexander's sister for the next 3 years. So you can't think of me as a woman, right?

"And again..."

When all my hair was removed, he dipped his clean fingertips into the medicine bottle. I glanced at Alexander who put his finger to my cheek. He started to apply the medicine to my cheek.

"Put your face close again."

"...Like this?"

"No. In the opposite direction."

"What do you want me to do?"

I tilted my head. Several times Alexander said that was not what he meant. Maybe because he was tired of dealing, Alexander carefully held my cheek.

"Excuse me."

Was it because the distance between our faces was so close? His breath touched my cheek. Alexander focuses on applying the medicine, I can even see his beautiful eyelashes.

"Isn't your mouth hurt too? This is outrageous."

"No, isn't."

I spit out the words with difficulty. Every time I opened my mouth, I could feel the sound of mixed breaths. It felt like that even though it couldn't be seen. This feels really weird. Maybe it's because I never had a Little Brother.

I feel this every time I see him up close, Alexander is really handsome. The black hair, which still had some moisture left after the shower before eating, looked beautiful, and the flawless white skin matched him. In the North, even if the people are strenuous in the sun every day. They will have white skin.

Overall, his face was sculpturally beautiful and his black eyebrows were neither thick nor thin. It's not like he takes care of his eyebrows like I do, but they are really beautiful and flawless. Sharp eyes with thick eyelashes and natural eyeshadow around the eyes.

T/N: I mean, Alex's eyes are natural as if they have eyeshadow on them. So it's not that Alex does use eyeshadow, right? LOL

His sharp nose and thick lips are like sculptures, making him look so masculine. Even so, his chin was slender. It made him look more beautiful than handsome.

After observing Alexander's facial features for a long time, he finally straightened and moved his stiff neck, relaxing his nerves.

"That's it. Be careful. Don't let the medicine get on your hair."

"You look like a doctor."

"I'm not a professional one."

He said it with an expressionless face. From the view of the great aristocrats, it wasn't good to compare themselves to middle-class workers like doctors. I pushed my hair to one side and corrected my speech. Because I realized that I had made a mistake.

"Of course, I was wrong."

"...No problem."

Alexander shook his head, saying that it was nothing. I untied the ribbon that was on my wrist. Then, I braided my chest-length hair and tied it with a ribbon.

"Thank you. I'll be out."

I got up from the sofa and straightened my dress. But Alexander tugged at the sleeves of my dress, making me sit back down on the sofa.

"...What is it?"

"You want to go right away?"

Alexander looks surprised that I sat down because of his tug. His gray eyes widened. He immediately let go of my sleeve.

"Ah. I'm sorry, Sis. I can't control my power because it's a reflex."

"...Be careful. You are a man and I'm a woman." I smiled, showing that I was fine. Alexander lowers his head and apologizes again, he says he is really sorry.

"I'm fine, so stop it."

But Alexander did not immediately raise his head. I really want to go now. Alexander who lowered his head kept silent, I became annoyed. Then I touched his cheek and lifted his head.

"You're not a girl, but my sister. You said that yourself."

He grumbled, his grumbling sound like the sound of a ball. Like it or not I have to correct my words earlier.

"...Biologically."

I added the reason. "Biological?". Alexander laughed after hearing my words, he must have thought that useless excuses were funny.

"By the way, thank you. I didn't know you were this good."

"You're welcome."

Alexander didn't hold me back anymore. Instead, he said, "Oh, wait a minute." And handed me the medicine bottle.

"Take it and apply it every day after showering. That way, it'll get better soon."

"Thank you..."

I slightly clicked my tongue while staring at the medicine in my hand. This feels weird. How can he be this cute, he even let me into his room. I put the medicine on the table.

"But, no need. I think this is enough."

I tilted my head and smiled faintly, maybe my hair hit the medicine because of this. The corners of Alexander's mouth slowly lowered. Making a strange expression on his face, I quickly left the room.

I leaned against the closed door and took a deep breath. I have to admit that I was nervous when I was in Alexander's room. The more he behaves, the more uncomfortable I feel.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?