Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~


Chapter 1 | The Town Where He Was Born | Remake our Life!


Part 8

"Yes, I understand. Yes, I will tell Aki-san and Kawasegawa-senpai. Bye then."

I hung up the call and breathed a sigh of relief.

"How was it?"

"He told me that he hadn't spoken with him properly yet today, and that he would start the real talk tomorrow."

Kawasegawa-senpai replied shortly, "So," and went back to preparing dinner.

"Let's get this done quickly. Saikawa, serve the rice."

"Y-Yes"

I do as I'm told, open the rice cooker and serve rice for two.

"Ah, that... How about Aki-san."

"She said, "Leave some for me to eat later"."

"Uwh... T-That's so."

I dropped my shoulders in disappointment.

Today's dinner, Aki-san ate alone as she had said. Because she is concentrating on her work, she says she will do all her meals and baths during her breaks, and I'm impressed with her thoroughness.

"Itadakimasu"

"...I-Itadakimasu."

Eating dinner alone with Kawasegawa-senpai, I wish you would put yourself in my shoes...

"I didn't have much time today, so I made a cold shabu salad and miso soup. The pickles are store-bought, but they are quite tasty."

"Thank you very much, it's very good."

I didn't lie when I said that, but to be honest, I didn't feel like eating.

After all, in front of me is that senior Kawasegawa-senpai. Ever since she entered college, she has maintained the top grades in her major, and it is rumored that there is no one who can match her in knowledge and practical skills.

Even in the face of Hashiba-san, who can do anything, instead of flinching, she seems to be able to get the better of him, which I think is amazing.

It makes me nervous and apologetic to have such a person cook for me, but when it comes to eating alone with her, I feel like I don't know what to do.

Therefore, of course, there is very little chatter at the dinner table,

"If you want a second helping, just let me know."

"Y-Yes, thank you very much."

I feel almost like saying "Yes, ma'am," and I would like to share this air with many people. In addition, I would like to make it non-returnable.

The meal continues without much fuss. It tastes good, and I don't dislike senpai or anything, in fact I like her, but I really want to do something about the tension-filled dining table... desperately.

I opened my mouth to create a topic.

“Um, I would like to ask senpai, is that okay?”

"If it's something I can answer, fine."

If I talk about some secret talk or something, she would likely kill me.

I speak up timidly, inwardly scared.

"Who is ... that Hashiba-san and the others are trying to bring in?"

Yes, in fact, I hadn't heard about that person yet.

Since there was no particular explanation, I left it as it was, but I was indeed a bit concerned because Hashiba-san and others were unnaturally reluctant to give their names there.

A first-year student like me? Or a second year student who is related to the seniors? Or more senior? The mystery only deepened and the imagination only expanded.

"... You'll be curious, after all"

"R-Right, I can't help but think ... wait, senpai?"

When I looked, Kawasegawa-senpai was sighing deeply and furrowing her brow.

"Good grief, Hashiba, I wonder why he leaves without any such explanation. He must know that I will be left behind to explain everything. And yet, he asked me not to tell everyone about this yet, rea~lly, that part! That guy!"

If it were a gag comic, she might break a chopstick or two.

"Se-se-se-senpai, i-it's enough, it's okay! Right? Let's eat cold shabu, cold shabu!"

While desperately soothing senpai, I also wanted to say to Hashiba-san, "That's what I'm talking about!" No, I'll tell him when he comes back. Definitely!