Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

I open a commission to translate a novel. If you are interested, click on this Ko-Fi or this Patreon (Please read the description carefully and contact me first before joining membership)


Chapter 1 | The Town Where He Was Born | Remake our Life!


Part 7

From the movie theater, we returned to the shopping street and walked down the street to the hotel in front of the station. We continued walking against the wave of people going home from the station, as it coincided with the busy time of the day.

I had predicted that Tsurayuki might act this way, but it was still sad to see him do so.

It's over now. That's what Tsurayuki said. If it was after he had made a lot of decisions about the future, it would take a lot of effort to overturn it.

(Tomorrow, things are going to get a lot tougher)

The way forward has suddenly become very difficult, but we have to think of a countermeasure first.

For now, I called out to Nanako, who was walking beside me.

"Do you want to go directly back to the hotel? Or we could go straight to dinner."

When I asked her, she shook her head,

"Un-unn, it can wait later. More than that..."

With one sigh there, she said,

"Really..."

"Eh?"

Nanako kicked at the air with a vicious kick,

"That guy, he is so rude to us who came all this way! I thought I was going to chase him down and kick his *ss."

She wrinkled her brow and started to say such a disturbing things.

"I don't know what happened, but isn't it the worst to run away without even talking? At least hear what we have to say... Wait, what's wrong, Kyouya?"

I was a bit stunned by the violence Nanako had not shown in a long time.

Apparently, Nanako noticed this and her face turned red all at once,

"Ah, aah, um, I wasn't really trying to kick him, I just felt like, you know, it didn't feel right. um."

"I know"

I smiled bitterly, but inwardly I was grateful to Nanako.

If it had been just me, I would have been left in a state of shock, thinking about what to do next with a heavy heart.

But the fact that Nanako behaved the same way as before seemed to make the earlier event seem a little lighter. I don't know what the outcome would be, but it was definitely a good time to change my mind.

(Besides, we now have Tsurayuki's contact information.)

From her pocket, she pulls out a note with Tsurayuki's cell phone number on it. If Nanako had not mentioned it at the time, we would have lost even any chance of meeting again.

"We'll have to figure out what to do tomorrow later."

"Yeah, I guess so. I've got to give that pretentious guy a good beating."

Nanako said so and took a fighting pose.

Fufu, a spontaneous smile leaks out.

"I'm glad to come with Nanako."

For my part, it was a spontaneous expression of gratitude,

"Eh...? Ah, y-yeah..."

Nanako was strangely confused, or rather, she looked embarrassed.


Eventually, we arrived at the hotel within walking distance. I went through the entrance to the lobby, told them my room number, and received a key.

"Look, Nanako, this."

When I look back at Nanako with the key in her hand, she looks strangely restless and glances around. Her face seems to be blushing a little.

"Nanako?"

"Ah, unn. Sorry..."

Nanako was still looking away from me, as if her mind was not in focus.

"What's wrong? Are you a little tired?"

When I called out to her, Nanako shook her head,

"I-It's not like that. I'm not tired or anything, I'm perfectly healthy, but uh..."

She blushed even more,

"Kyouya and I came here together, right?"

She repeats what she said earlier.

"Yes, but so what?"

Nanako held the key she was holding close to her chest and glanced at me,

"I mean, we're on a trip together, just the two of us..."

"...!"

I-I see!

I was thinking about Tsurayuki so much that I was completely distracted from that.

Indeed, when you think about it, this is a trip between two people, a man and a woman. If it had been completely the case that it was a private trip, I might have been aware of it, but this time I was unaware of it because of the circumstances.

But Nanako was clearly aware of it. Perhaps she was already thinking about it from the bullet train on the way there? Recently, I think her involvement with me has changed a bit again...

If so, I may have once again embarrassed Nanako by my insensitivity.

As I was puzzled, wondering what to say back,

"I-I'm sorry! I'm here to talk about Tsurayuki, so of course I know it's not about that! I know, but!"

Nanako said something like, "For the time being, there is no need for that kind of thing," and I felt somewhat relieved.

"O-O-Of course, I know that, aha, ahahaha"

In the lobby of a business hotel, the two of us were awkwardly laughing together. It must have been an annoying scene from the perspective of others.

"Etto, let's go back to the room for now..."

"U-Unn..."

As if to hide our embarrassment, we returned to each other's rooms in silence.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next