Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 1 | The Town Where He Was Born | Remake our Life!


Part 9

The next day, we first held a strategy meeting.

There was no point in talking to Tsurayuki without any kind of a plan. So I decided to think again about what I should talk to him about, or rather, what I should talk to him about to persuade him.

Leaving the hotel and walking down the main street, we soon entered a shopping street with a nice atmosphere. On the left side of the street is a coffee shop with an exterior resembling a horse-drawn carriage.

It was a place where Tsurayuki used to come often.

The hotel would have been a good place to talk, but I chose this restaurant in the hope that I would be able to hear from the owner, who knew Tsurayuki personally. Of course, I knew the person in question would not be there.

"He said, "Today is the day he doesn't come". He often comes on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but rarely on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

And today is that Thursday. Unless Tsurayuki changed his mind, it seemed unlikely that he would come to this place today.

Opening the slightly heavy door, I softly smelled the good aroma of ground beans. The sound of water boiling in the siphon echoed softly.

From the counter on the right as I entered, the owner of the restaurant greeted me with a friendly smile.

"Oya, you came again today. Welcome."

He is probably about 50 years old. He is a rather young-looking owner with regent-like hair that looks good on him.

"Yes. Um ...  he's not here today, right?"

When I asked, the owner smiled and shook his head.

"Don't worry. As I said yesterday, he won't be here on Thursday."

I exchanged glances with Nanako and headed to the table in the back.

Perhaps because it was early in the morning, the store was still empty. When we came yesterday, the restaurant was full, probably because it was lunch time, but today, the only other customer was an old man reading a newspaper at the back right corner of the store.

(A retired salaryman, perhaps? Or a business owner??)

He had romance gray hair, a mustache, and a clean-cut suit. The morning light streamed in through the window as he quietly read the newspaper and sipped his coffee.

Not wanting to interrupt him by talking, we sat directly opposite each other in the back left corner.

"I'll have a hot coffee and a café au lait, please."

"Okay"

For now, I'll just order,

"Well, what shall we do then?"

We started talking about what we were going to do.

“Even if we could talk to Tsurayuki, how do we get him to change his mind from that situation of giving up?”

His tone seemed energetic and his health seemed to be recovering, but the important part, his feelings, did not seem to be directed toward creating any more.

Unless there is some part that triggers it, it will just be repeated again that it's over.

"But, you know"

Nanako continues to speak.

"Does that guy really think it's over?"

"Eh?"

“Look, Tsurayuki has a strange way of putting on airs, so he couldn't bring it up himself, and he probably couldn't accept the fact that Kyouya told him to say it?”

The master brought coffee and café au lait. Nanako sipped the café au lait and breathed a sigh.

"Then, he was afraid that if Kyouya talked to him, he might be persuaded, so he ran away before Kyouya could say anything. That's what it looked like to me."

When you say it, maybe there was that reason for that rejection.

"Yeah, I guess he thought if he did that I would give up too"

Tsurayuki guarded himself before we could say anything. This could be interpreted in reverse, because his feelings would be moved if we said something.

But even if I told him, he would probably retreat further into his shell. We need a way to make sure that the person himself still has a "Passion".

"I wish I had some leads..."

It can be a small thing. If Tsurayuki still has something that gives us a sense of his thoughts on creation, we can expand the conversation from there.

Perhaps she was concerned about me, who just folded my arms and groaned.

“If you think about it too much, it'll just weigh you down, so why don't we take a walk outside for a change?”

Nanako said so and looked outside the store.

“I thought I'd like to see more of the town where Tsurayuki lived ... Maybe there's something, you know, a clue or something.”

"Right, I guess I could walk around for a bit"

It's not like we are going sightseeing, and a walk may indeed be a good idea. Even if there is nothing to see, just walking around stimulates the brain.

While looking at the map app on my phone, I was thinking about the route after leaving the store,

"Ah, hey, you guys."

Suddenly, I was called.

When I looked, Master was smiling at me.

"Are you going to walk around town?"

"Yes, since we're here, I thought I'd take a look around a bit. But..."

When I tried to continue, saying, "We are not going on a tour of famous places, so I don't care to be introduced to recommended spots".

"Just right!"

"Eh?"

"Right now, here's the chairman of the tourism association, who seems rather free. I thought it would be a good idea to have him show you around."

"Eh?"

Tourism Association? Chairman?

That's only one person, except for us...

Thinking that, I looked at the gentleman in the back right corner,

"Oi, that's not what you said..."

Despite his quiet tone, he stared at the master with an air of reluctance.

"Isn't it fine? It's not every day you get a chance like this, so I figured it was just another encounter, you know?"

The master does not care about such a situation and proceeds with his talk.

"Um, we're not going sightseeing, we're just going to walk a little bit, so..."

When I thought that I had to stop this flow somehow,

"... Okay, got it."

The gentleman nodded quietly, drank the rest of his coffee in one gulp, and stood up abruptly. He carefully folded up the newspaper he was reading and walked over to our table.

And,

"As the owner says, perhaps this is just another fateful chance for us to meet. I will show you around Kawagoe, and best regards."

He said, and bowed with the kind of neatness that one might expect to see in a job search video.

"Ah... etto, um..."

To our bewilderment, the gentleman remained completely unfazed and continued to bow.

It's hard to say no unless there's something really wrong.

"Best regards..."

We were completely out of escape, and unable to resist the suddenness of the situation, we decided to go sightseeing in Kawagoe.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next