Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

9, Guess


"Ah, Touka-chan. ... Etto, good morning."

 Touka's words clearly flustered Hasaki, who said so with a very uncomfortable expression on her face.

"Good morning, were your heart throbbing for my boyfriend all morning, Hasaki-senpai?"

 Then, after smiling, Touka said.
 Of course, her eyes were not smiling.

"That... It's a misunderstanding, Touka-chan? I didn't mean it like that, okay?"

"Eh~, what do you mean ‘didn't mean it like that’? What did you think you were going to do? I mean, what do you mean by heart throbbing? Hey, please tell me, Hasaki-senpai?"

 Touka asks questions in rapid succession, while Hasaki's gaze swims.

 ...... Could Touka possibly be under the misconception that I am being messed with by Hasaki?
 I see, she is being so aggressive because she recognizes that she is an enemy who might shake up our "fake" lovers' relationship?
 That can't be true, Hasaki was just too scared to talk to me, who has a scary face.

 However, Hasaki is also unable to tell this to Touka's lover.
 If she said it, it would be like belittling Touka's lover.

 From my point of view, knowing all the circumstances, it's plain and simple.
 But if I add to that the relationship between the "fake" lover and the friend who wants to make up... I see, do they cross paths without seeing each other so far?

 I was about to open my mouth to follow up.

"Eh, scene of carnage?"
"Ha? Tomoki is two-timing?"
"No, Kana-chan likes Haruma-kun, so that's not going to happen..."
"I was listening to the conversation for a bit, and I heard Hasaki say, "poured, played,". ... She also said, “Give it back.”"
"!! Does that mean that she was played and poured "that" by Tomoki !? Then, does it mean "Give (my first time) back"!?"
"That's... Uwwa, the worst"
"Seriously... he couldn't get enough even with the sister of one of his few friends, and now he's going after his childhood friend, he's too evil..."

 Whispering in the background, gossip reached my ears.
 When I heard the voices of the students around me... I couldn't help but retort them inwardly.

 After what you just heard, that's unlikely to happen, right!?

 Too many preconceived notions and prejudices to complement!
 Don't twist the truth!?

 I turned my attention to the rumor-mongers, thinking that I would firmly refute them.

"He looked this way!"
"Run! We'll be killed."
"The atmosphere is even more deadly than usual...!"
"I'm going to be impregnated!"

 After saying whatever they wanted, the students in the vicinity rushed, not just quickly, to the school building.

 ...... At this point, am I being bullied? It is almost worrisome.
 When I think so,

"Senpai, did you do your usual thing again?"

 Touka, who was holding my hand, shrugged her shoulders and said in an amazed tone.

"... Looks like I've done it again."

 I replied with a sigh.

"Well, now that the annoying gallery is gone and it's easier to talk, I guess that's good. ......Well then, can you tell me? Hasaki-senpai, what was Yuuji-senpai that made your heart throbs?"

 Touka asks with a sharp gaze.
 "Uuh," grunted Hasaki, responding with a swimming gaze.

"I've never talked much with Tomoki-kun...... so I'm nervous."

"It's a lie, isn't it? Hasaki-senpai doesn't have a shy personality, right?"

 When Touka points it out, Hasaki is at a loss for words.
 She was so flustered that she was unable to respond, so I offered my help.

"She just freaked out by my scary face and got nervous to talk to me, didn't she?"

 I had thought that if I said it in a self-deprecating way, it would be easier for Hasaki to get on board.

"Eh? That's not true."

 She was puzzled, tilting her head, Hasaki said.
 ......You can't return my perfect follow-up, Hasaki?

 I look at her without saying it.
 Noticing my gaze, Hasaki then turned her head down, her face reddening as if she were troubled.
 I guess she must have realized by now that I had followed up earlier.

 She then looked up and told Touka as if she had made up her mind.

"... Talking to a handsome guy like Tomoki-kun made me so nervous that my heart almost stopped!"

 ...... You're desperate, Hasaki.

"Uwwa, what bad taste"

 Touka also drew back.
 No, wait, Touka, technically we're lovers, right?
 If you say that...

"Eh? I've always been envious of your handsome boyfriend..."

 This is what happens.
 Now, I'm sure that Hasaki must have had suspicions about Touka, who had so bashed up my appearance. She must be thinking, "Maybe they are not lovers".

 Touka, however, has a relaxed expression.

"It's not that I liked senpai's appearance."

 I see, it's a good return.
 Touka, with her excellent grades and excellent communicative ability, is a persuasive excuse.
 When I'm impressed like that...

"But? Indeed, senpai's powerful eyes and wild-looking face can hardly be called a "gentle man," though, can they? I guess you could call him wildly handsome."

 Touka started to get carried away.

"...Yes, that's right. I think the cute Touka-chan and the cool Tomoki-kun are a good match. So, I'm not thinking of getting in the middle of your relationship, so don't worry?"

 Hasaki said to Touka with a complicated expression on her face.
 That would be such a face.
 If you said the proper thing, and she got on board with the wrong idea.

"Even if you say that, it doesn't reassure me. ... Well, Yuuji-senpai loves me, so I don't think he would cheat on me."

 Touka said, "Right?" and smirked at me and asked for my consent.

"Right"

 I said,

"What is that? Please say it properly ♡"

 She asked again, with a heartfelt sense of enjoyment.
 You're poking fun, this bastard... (Note: He really says it)

"I love Touka so much that I would never cheat on her."

 I have no choice but to say.
 Touka must be amused, I thought, and tried to look at her...

"Eh, what?"

 Touka quickly moved behind me to avoid my gaze.
 Then she gripped my shirt with both hands, probably with her forehead tucked tightly against my back.

"It's nothing! ...Just, a little bit, now. I can't look at senpai's face."

 Touka's stifled voice came from behind me.
 I was wondering what she was doing...

 I came to the conclusion that my words might be creepy.

 Today, I am determined to remember this before going to bed and fainting in agony.
 Walking next to me, Hasaki looked at Touka, who was invisible to me, and said with a somewhat somber look on her face.

"Tomoki-kun is really loved by Touka-chan."

 That gentle tone of voice.
 If the somber look on Hasaki's face includes sympathy for me.


 ...... Touka is probably struggling to hold in her laughter right now, I thought.

 Unfortunately, I guessed it.