Soen na Osananajimi to Isekai de wa Kekkon Shite Iru Yumewomita ga, Sorekara Osananajimi no Yousu ga Okashii ndaga?

Author: Kataribe Masayuki

Translator Notes:
There seems to be a problem. Even though I just joined.

Translated by MTL and Dobelyu Wai
Source: Syosetu
 
Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you
 

My Dreams, Other People's Dreams


 And here's what I know from our current conversation.
"A dream is just a dream", Suzu-nee told me that if they are using Amane's dream to "hurt herself" ...The solution is exactly the same as in a lucid dream: "to be aware".

"In other words, if Amane herself realizes that she is in her dream, you will not be able to manipulate the dream as you have been doing by coming in and abusing it... Isn't that what it's all about!?"

 I yell at them, and after a few moments of silence, I hear them clapping through the speakers as if they were making fun of me.

[Oh~ good answer, good answer! I'm impressed~ It's no wonder you've been estranged for so many years~ and yet you've been acting like a childhood friend~ Well done Well done!]

 Every time they say something that gets on my nerves...

[B-U-T~... Where is Amane-chan now, who you want to tell the important answer?]
"………… Chi"

 Yes, that's the biggest problem. Even though I've figured out the solution, we are now separated.
 That's probably the reason why "they" are taking it easy on me even though I've noticed them.
 If they can finish me off before she finds out, they'll be fine...
 While clattering and trying to stand up... The mannequins that I had destroyed so many times began to solemnly surround me without reducing their numbers at all.

"I've actually been keeping an eye out for you~. For a human, you can control more or less anything in the dream, even preventing me from entering Amane's dream for a while... You're the bastard who interrupted the memorable third time to complete the triple curse death.... Maybe you'll even figure out what the nightmare is... that's what I thought"
"……Kuh!?"

 And this time, the mannequins had weapons in their hands, such as iron pipes and blades.
 I thought the attack had gotten rougher as soon as I was separated from Amane, but it was no different... In order to create fear and despair in Amane and make the "third nightmare" come true, I was an irregular that got in the way.
 So they just wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible.

"Are you trying to make people's nightmares come true? What a cowardly, inept "Muma" you are..." (TLN: demon appearing in a dream)

 I managed to sit up unsteadily and held up the muzzle of my Gatling gun.
 However, I am already surrounded by a large number of mannequins like a wall. ...... I don't think I can get rid of them or escape even if I spread bullets from here.

[Hyahahahaha! Now you're what we call a bare soul. And here you are, being killed by me, or rather, by "Amane's Nightmare"~ That's mean your soul also will die!!]
"!? ………… Is that so"

 I felt like it was too late for that.
 This guy is mocking us in the danger zone from a safe distance...

[Aren't you glad~ I'm so generous~ I'll be sure to send your beloved childhood friend later. This time you are going to be together forever~!!]
"T-This scum..."
[Come on, nightmares!! Let the bastard who interrupted my fun suffer for eternity!!]

 With such a stupid command, a group of mannequins attacked me at once.
 The front, back, left and right... It's no longer like a wall, it's more like an avalanche...

"What else can I do... A spectacular suicide attack in the center of the enemy?"

 The idea of an attack that I didn't really want to carry out crossed my mind, and I started to generate a lot of "C4 bombs" that I imagined in my hands...












"That's so unlike you. I can't believe you're letting this this small fry get the better of you..."
"……Eh?"

 At that moment, I heard a voice from my "Dream Book", which I had kept in my hand for some reason in this dream.

"W-What!?"

 In the next moment, the book that had flown out of my pocket opened in the void and a powerful light was generated, and a horizontal slash of light reaped on the crowd of mannequins that had filled the air in front of me.
 And... The mannequins, which had been attacking me regardless of whether they were damaged or not, crumbled and fell ...... to the ground and disappeared into the sky as black dust.

[Wha!? What the hell happened!?]

It was an unexpected situation for "that guy" as well, and a confused voice was heard from the speakers.
Eventually... The light that appeared gathered in some areas and formed a human shape.
 It had long hair, a feminine silhouette, and a sword in its hand, though I couldn't make out the expression on her face, but I knew intuitively who it was.

"Suzu-nee!!"

 When I said this to the light humanoid, I saw that Suzu-nee's face became blatantly dumbfounded, even though I couldn't make out her expression.

"Wha~t are you doing? This small fry demon wouldn't be an enemy of a Hero of Musou..."
"H-Hero of Musou?"

 Suzu-nee, who sighs and gives me a tap on the shoulder, doesn't seem to be worried about my condition and seems to be really stunned.
 It was just like... a few weeks ago when Amane and I were having a near miss in a coffee shop...

[Who the hell are you to show up out of nowhere and do whatever you want!! Catch that guy!!]

 Perhaps in a panicked state of mind, they once again launched the armed mannequin at Suzu-nee.
 However, Suzu-nee did not show any signs of panic at all, and calmly repeated countless stabs at the group of mannequins like fencing... Just like that, the mannequins, now full of holes, disappear into the void together again.
 The swarm of dolls that attacked me, whether they cracked or lost a limb, was just that...

"N-No way!? A trick to make nightmares disappear... There's no way a human can do it... "
"A-Awesome... No matter how many times I attacked, I couldn't defeat the mannequins, but with one blow..."

 When I muttered this in surprise, Suzu-nee approached me. And…….

GON!! "Guwah!?"

 For some reason, she hit me on the head with the hilt of her sword.

"It hurts!? What are you doing!?"
"Wha~t are you doing fighting in the same place as the enemy, you idiot!!"
"Eh? Eh? What do you mean?"

 I have no idea why she got mad at me?
 But Suzu-nee pointed to the Gatling gun and C4 bomb I was holding in my hand and said.

"Those weapons are not your dream (weapon). It's just someone else's dream, borrowed from a movie or something, isn't it? If they're borrowing Amane's nightmares and you're fighting with a borrowed dream (weapon), it's obvious that they have the advantage because they haven't exposed their main body."

 The other people's dream (weapon)...... When you put it that way, it's true.
 Both Amane and I had appropriated weapons from movies and games as an extension of the lucid dreams we were playing with, but these were stories created by others, the other people's dream.

"...But even so, Suzu-nee, if you suddenly ask me to fight with my own dreams (weapon), I can't imagine it... "

 Just as I was about to say that I couldn't do it, Suzu-nee said over my words.

"Is it been about two weeks since you got the book?"
"Eh... Ah, that's right..."
"Then of all the dreams you've had since then, you've had the most lovey-dovey dreams with that girl, haven't you?"
"!!!!!!!!!??????"

 At that moment, the seriousness that should have been in me boiled over and evaporated.
 Why!? Why would Suzu-nee say such a thing with such certainty!?
 Sure, that's definitely my, my biggest and most clearly identifiable "Dream", but!?

"That's the answer..."The Dream Burial Hero", Amachi Yumeji !!"