Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 9, Lily


 It's Monday, the first day of the week since Makiri-sensei came out to me with a big secret.
 After a few more days of arriving at school like this, it will be summer vacation for a while.

 Everyone was getting excited about the approaching long vacation, but I couldn't say the same.
 Makiri-sensei hasn't contacted me since then.
 So far, we haven't seen each other at school yet, but what kind of face should I make when I see her?

 ...... No, it should be fine as usual.
 It would be best for both of us.
 With that in mind, the day passed without a chance to meet with Makiri-sensei, and it was after school.

 I was a little relieved and prepared to leave.
 Then,

"Senpai, let's go home together today~!"

 Touka called out to me from the hallway.

 To the words of Touka, my classmates turned to me all at once.
 And when I looked at them puzzledly, they turned their heads away with a shocked expression.

 ...... It's already the end of the semester, but this tendon joke is still being repeated. (Note: repeating the same gag or silly line)
 I'm tired of this pattern.

 I'm hoping for a more interesting response in the second semester.

 I stood up and joined Touka.
 But there,

"Sorry, you two. I've got the materials for the social gathering, can I ask you to come to the student council room after school with me?"

 We were approached by Ike.

"Haa? Why don't you just give it to senpai in class tomorrow, and aniki can bring it back to our house for me."

 Touka said to Ike as if he were an idiot.
 That may be true, but the fact that Ike doesn't do it means that he doesn't want to give it away in front of too many other students, or he wants to keep it in a safe place, or for some other reason.

 I respond to Ike, who smiles at Touka's words.

"Yeah, I'm coming"

 Touka let out a sigh once as I answered,

"If senpai is going, I'm going too ♡"

 She changes her attitude quickly.

 Ike looked at Touka in astonishment, as if he was looking at something that made him smile.

"Thank you. Let's go, then."

 Following Ike's lead, Touka and I headed for the student council room.

 Then, when we entered the student council room, there was a person there ahead of us.

"Thank you for your hard work, President. And Ike-san... Tomoki-san, huh"

 With a graceful gesture and a hand on her cheek, the vice president of the student council, Tatsumiya Otome, said to us.
 By the way, it seemed that Tanaka-senpai and Suzuki had not yet arrived.

"You're early, Tatsumiya "

"Yes. HR finished early." (Note: Homeroom)

 At Ike's words, Tatsumiya smiled.
 I returned the greeting to Tatsumiya.

"Yo. Oh, by the way, you're on the student council."

"Yes. We've met again."

 Tatsumiya responded to my words with a mysterious smile on her face.
 Seeing this exchange, Touka's expression became annoyed.

"Ne~e, senpai. Who is this person? Why does she know about me?"

 Her voice was a little prickly.
 Maybe she felt like she was the only one who was left out, and that was boring.

"I am sorry, Ike-san. I was late in greeting you. I'm the vice-president of the student council for the second year. My name is Tatsumiya Otome. I've heard about you from the president from time to time. Please make acquaintance from now on"

"Ah, you're the vice president? It's nice to meet you."

 Touka greeted him with a slightly sterner expression than her usual outward-looking smile.
 Tatsumiya grabbed Touka's hand and squeezed it tightly,

"Yes, it's nice to meet you. This is a bit sudden, but "Touka-san"? May I call you by your name?"

 Tatsumiya said, staring at Touka intently.

"Eh? I... I don't mind, though?"

"Thank you, Touka-san. Then by all means, please call me "Otome"."

 Touka is rather reluctant, but Tatsumiya is relentlessly pressing for an answer.

 Touka turns her gaze to me as if asking for my help.
 ...... Tatsumiya is in love with Ike.
 So maybe she wants to be friendly with Touka actively as well.

 I nodded vigorously to a confused Touka.
 E~eh... is what Touka want to say, but,

"Then... Otome-chan?"

 She said in a faint voice.
 Then Tatsumiya, clutching her hand, smiled blissfully, as if she was about to ascend to heaven.

"Hauah ♡ …… I hope you'll continue to be friends with me. Touka-san!"

 She said in a lively voice.
 Touka said one word, "Ah, yes......" emotionlessly, and pulled away from Tatsumiya's hand.
 "Ah...", Tatsumiya said and looked deeply disappointed.
 This girl seems to be liking Touka too much as well as Ike...

 After that exchange, Ike calls out to me and Touka. 

"Here are the materials for this year's student council training camp. Please read through these materials and if you have any questions, please feel free to email me and ask me anything."

 Touka and I took the several-page document and skimmed over it.
 ...... Well, I'll have to read it carefully later?

"Yeah, I'll ask if there's anything else "

 I say, and Touka turns to me and then says.

"Well then, senpai. Let's go home, shall we?"

"Right"

 I nodded at her words and then said to Ike and Tatsumiya.

"Well, that's it, we're leaving. See you."

"Excuse me"

 Then, Touka also said.

"Be careful"

"You are leaving already.... See you then."

 After Ike said that, Tatsumiya looked at Touka with a regretful look and said.

 I tried not to pay attention to Tatsumiya's gaze, and then Touka and I opened the door to leave the student council room ――.

"Tomoki-kun, Ike-san..."

 I met with Makiri-sensei, who was about to enter the student council room.
 Me and Makiri-sensei looked at each other for a moment, and then quickly turned our eyes away.
 ...... After all, it's awkward.

"Ah, Makiri-sensei. Thank you for your hard work."

 Touka, who was oblivious to the situation between me and Makiri-sensei, continued.

"Speaking of which, does sensei lead the student council training camp?"

"Yes, I do. Our advisor is old, so the assistant teacher, me, will be leading the event."

 Makiri-sensei replied to Touka's words.
 ...... Makiri-sensei also will be attending the training camp, huh?

"He~e. Take care of me."

"Yeah.... You both were about to go home, right?"

"Ah, yes! Well then, we leave first."

"Yes, be careful on your way home."

 Makiri-sensei replied, and then,

"Tomoki-kun, be careful too"

 Makiri-sensei smiled and said that as her usual, dignified and cool adult self.

"Yes. Excuse me."

 After saying that, Touka and I left the student council room.


 And on the way back to the station.

 ...... After all, Makiri-sensei is an adult.
 I guess she was a little embarrassed at first, but after everything, she responded as usual.
 I'll have to learn from her, I thought,

"Senpai? Are you listening, Senpai?"

 I received a scolding look from Touka, who was walking next to me.

"Sorry, I wasn't listening"

 When I said that honestly, Touka puffed up her cheeks and then glared at me. 

"Mou, to ignore this cute girlfriend when she's talking to you, isn’t it too awful!"

"'Fake' lover, though.... So, what's the talk?"

"... I was talking about how we should have lo~ts of fun during the summer vacation~!"

 Touka said to me with a smug look on her face.

"Eh, are you sure?"

"? Sure or not, isn't it a matter of course?"

 What is a matter of course... I had no idea what the matter of course was at all.
 Still, Touka's invitation made me very happy.

 In my long life, the only time I can say I had a fulfilling summer vacation was when I was in elementary school with "Natsuo".
 Last year, I met up with Ike a few times, but he was busy with something else and we didn't get to hang out too often.

"...I think I'm basically free, so if you need to avoid men, you can always give me a call."

 Touka, too, would probably want to hang out with her classmates, and she would also have to work hard at her studies in order to stay in first place in her grade.
 I'll be happy to accompany her at least when she needs me.
 Touka was not happy with the words that had been said, or so it seemed.

 Then with tears in her eyes, she turned to me,

"Idiot, Idiot! Senpai is an idiot.... I've always said that it's fun to hang out with senpai, right? So I just wanted to hang out with you, regardless of whether I need to avoid men or not."

 Touka muttered weakly.
 ……Is that how it is.
 As much as I want to take care of my relationship with her, she also wants to take care of her relationship with me.

 Forgetting all that, I said something terrible to Touka.
 So I put my hand on Touka's depressed head and said.

"My bad. I'm having fun with Touka, too. I'm looking forward to playing with you during the summer vacation."

 When Touka heard my words, she opened her eyes in surprise and looked at me.

"You should have said so from the beginning, senpai idiot!"

 Be~h, she stuck her tongue out at me and then said, without shaking my hand off.


 Seeing Touka like that, I thought to myself――This summer is going to be less boring.