Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 8, Scolding


 There was an apartment building at the location of the address that I got from Makiri-sensei.

 I called out to the sleeping teacher and asked her to open the auto-lock, while I borrowed her card key to get the room number.
 Then I got on the elevator. I was a little relieved that there was no one else in the elevator.

 I used the card key to open the door of the room number I was given and went inside.

 When I turned on the light in the room, I saw a clean and tidy room.
 It was a one-room and I immediately saw the bed. ...On the bed, there were several cute stuffed characters.
 Surprisingly, she likes cute things...

 With that thought in mind, I put the teacher, who was breathing in my arms, safely to bed.
 ...... After finishing the task, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

 I was grabbed by Makiri-sensei's arm and dragged to the bed.
 I was so tired from the running and psychologically caught off guard that I couldn't resist involuntarily.

 Right next to me is Makiri-sensei.
 What does she think she's doing?

"What are you doing?"

 I raised my voice in protest...

"N, Nn..."

 Makiri-sensei makes a seductive sound in her sleep.
 As it is... No response back.
 Apparently, she was just half asleep.

 I was relieved and then looked at the sleeping Makiri-sensei. She showed me a lot of unexpected sides today...... she's beautiful, I think.

 I realized once again that I was on the same bed with such a person... I felt my face grow hot.
 I can't keep lying next to her any longer. With that thought in mind, I stand up and get away from Makiri-sensei's hand.

 Then, after turning off the lights in the room, I picked up the key card again.
 After I leave the room, I'll just lock the door from the outside and leave it in the door post.
 That's what I thought, and I tried to go outside...

 Makiri-sensei, will she be okay?
 I was suddenly and inexplicably worried.

 There doesn't seem to be anything urgent or dangerous enough to call an ambulance, but would it be okay to leave her alone in the room like this?
 Death by asphyxiation from vomit and diarrhea lodged in the throat while sleeping... It's not impossible.

 Thinking that far... I gulped.
 If it comes to this, I'll go along with it all the way.

 With that in mind, I returned to the room where Makiri-sensei was sleeping.




 A few hours have passed in a dark room.
 The morning sun was already shining through the window.

 I was slumped over, ready to respond immediately if there was anything unusual with Makiri-sensei...

"Uu, Nn... Nn~"

 I heard her voice and then Makiri-sensei slowly got up.
 Apparently, she's okay.

"Uu~... I drank too much. I have a headache..."

 With a pained expression on her face, Makiri-sensei muttered on the bed and then tried to stand up.

"……Eh?"

 Then she looked at me in the corner of the room and muttered with astonishment.

"Hello. Good morning, Makiri-sensei."

 I gave a refreshing morning greeting to Makiri-sensei.
 Hearing my greeting, Makiri-sensei's face tensed up and a somewhat frightened expression appeared on her face.

 She was too drowsy to think clearly, but what if Makiri-sensei couldn't remember what happened when she was drunk.
 When she woke up, there was suddenly a tough-looking man invading her room.
 If a weak woman, she would simply be terrified.
 No, regardless of gender, it's just plain scary.

 In other words, it's dangerous.
 Am I going to end up in the hands of the police?

"T-Tomoki-kun? …… !! Etto... is this dream, maybe?"

"...I wish this was a dream."

 When I answered, Makiri-sensei's smile twitched.
 I watch her for a while to see what happens
 At first, she was flustered, not understanding what was going on, but after looking at my face and her own attire, she got a jolt. Her face instantly turned bright red, and she covered her face with a blanket.

 ......Perhaps she remembered?

 As I was expecting this, Makiri-sensei slowly stood up after removing the towel blanket.
 Then, with tears welling up in her eyes and a look of shame on her face, she said,

"I apologize for causing you trouble. I'm sorry...!"

 She bowed her head and apologized in a polite tone.
 Makiri-sensei seemed to have remembered it correctly. That was good for me. It looks like I won't get arrested.

"Yes, it was. It was very troubling."

 When I responded to Makiri-sensei's apology in a cold tone of voice,

"...I'm really sorry for causing you so much trouble. And please allow me to apologize to your parents for worrying you."

 She said,

"No, I haven't come home anyway, and that's fine."

 Hearing my words, Makiri-sensei is surprised.
 She looked apologetic, but I guess she didn't know what to say anymore.
 I let out a sigh and asked her what was bothering her.

"Teaching seems to be a tough job. I can understand why you go out drinking to relieve stress. ....Do you drink until you're like that every time?"

"No, this is the first time I've ever been this drunk..."

 She replied, averting her gaze as her face turned bright red.

"...Does that mean something's happened?"

 It was rather difficult to take care sensei, so I was going to give her a hard lecture, but I didn't want to lecture her without knowing the situation.

 At my question, sensei tightened her mouth into a straight line and shook her shoulders.
 Is it something she doesn't want to answer? As I thought that, tears welled up in her eyes,

"I am... virgin, you remember what I said yesterday, right!?"

 She said with a reproachful look at me.
 It's embarrassing to be told that again by the bare-faced Makiri-sensei.
 I reply, averting my gaze from her.

"Y-Yes"

"...I'm not sure if I can say this about myself. I was brought up to be a fairly traditional girl. I went to a private girls' school from junior high school to college... I've never really had the chance to interact with men. "

"H-Haa"

"...So I guess he was suddenly worried about me, being 23 and having no dating experience whatsoever. My father brought up the idea of matchmaking. I wonder if he was impatient because the rate of lifelong single people was increasing, and he thought that if I didn't do anything about it, I would end up like that too, and he wouldn't be able to see his grandchildren. "

 The disgruntled Makiri-sensei seemed unusually indignant.

"I didn't like it... I consulted a good friend of mine about it. But she will be seriously worried about me saying, "In fact, you're going to be 24 years old, and you're a virgin, and I'm feeling sorry for you" ...I hate it so much that I can't say it. "

 Then Makiri-sensei gave a self-mockery and continued.

"I escaped into alcohol..."

"I-I see."

 Feeling quite embarrassed, I listened to Makiri-sensei's words.
 I honestly found it surprising that such a beautiful person had never had such an experience.
 And that she's troubled to the point of worrying so much.

"Something like having a wedding night before marrying... That's shameless"

 When I was silent, Makiri-sensei blushed, looked down, and said.

 I understand the situation.
 Makiri-sensei may be a teacher, but she is also a human being. She has her worries and there are nights when she wants to indulge in alcohol.
 I want to help her if I can, because I've been indebted to her so much.

"I understand the situation. In the meantime... can I ask you to seiza?" (Note: literally "proper sitting" is the formal, traditional way of sitting in Japan. Wiki)

 ...... With that in mind, I decided to give a scolding.

 Makiri-sensei opened her eyes wide, but saw my expression and nodded in an auspicious manner, "Yes......" and then sat up nicely.

"I'm angry right now "

"...You're right "

"Then you'll have to take my word for it."

 Makiri-sensei nodded.
 I took a deep breath, looked straight at Makiri-sensei who kept her gaze down, and then opened my mouth.

"If a beautiful person like you gets drunk in the park like that, you never know what the bad guys will do to you!? If things had gone badly, you could have been attacked!"

 Makiri-sensei's face turned bright red at my words.
 This is definitely a sexual harassment case. I thought that Makiri-sensei, whom I respected, might hate me, but... I'll just keep talking.

"I can't blame you for running away to drink after all the stress you've been under. But if you're going to be so wasted, take a taxi or have someone you trust to drive you home. ...After what happened yesterday, I couldn't help but worry about Makiri-sensei. "

 Makiri-sensei looked up and peered into my face with a surprised expression.

"I've been helped a lot by Makiri-sensei. I respect Makiri-sensei so much. That's why I don't want Makiri-sensei to be sad."

 After taking a breath, I continue.  

"That's why. Whenever you are troubled or stressed out... Please talk to me. If you just want to complain, I'm here for you."

 When I finished my scolding... To my surprise, Makiri-sensei had a soft smile on her face.

"...What are you smiling about?"

 After listening to my serious scolding, I lowered my voice and asked Makiri-sensei, who had a normal smile on her face.

"Ara, I'm sorry. But it's not like I'm making fun of you, okay? If like this, which was the teacher and which was the student... I just thought it would be hard to tell, you know?"

 I was distracted by the amusing smile of Makiri-sensei.
 The always dignified, cool, and beautiful Makiri-sensei is... How to say it.
 She looked very lovely.

"Thank you, Tomoki-kun. For worrying about me. And I'm happy that you respected such a useless teacher. I'm a lucky one."

 That's what Makiri-sensei said.
 ...... After all, it's embarrassing.
 I've said what I had to say, and I'm tired, as expected.

"... Then I'm going home."

 I said, and headed for the door. 
 Then Makiri-sensei also stood up and said to me.

"I'll walk you home "

"It's fine. It's only about 10 minutes from here, so don't worry, I can walk home normally."

"...That's pretty close."

 Without looking back at the surprised Makiri-sensei, I picked up my running shoes at the entrance.

"...Ah, right. Do you mind if I ask for your contact information?"

 As I finished putting on my shoes, Makiri-sensei said to me.

"Eh?"

"Why do you look so stunned? If I don't have your contact information, I can't consult with you, can I?"

 Makiri-sensei smiled mischievously.
 No way, I didn't think she really intended to rely on me.
 I'm happy and give my cell phone number as I was told.

 Makiri-sensei typed it into her smartphone and then smiled softly.
 It was different from the gentle smile of the older woman the teacher showed at school, and was more like...

 It looked like a somewhat cute smile like a girl of the same age.

"Well, then, if I ever need you to listen to me complain, I'm counting on you... Tomoki-sensei?"

 Makiri-sensei tilted with the smartphone in her hand and then said to me.

"...If it's okay with you, anytime"

 Enduring my embarrassment, I replied and walked out of Makiri-sensei's room.