Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 7, ...Confession?


 It was Friday night.

 I was running in the park in my neighborhood for my daily run.

 It was mid-July, and the temperature was unbearably high, but running alone in a quiet, empty park gave me a refreshing feeling.
 I was running comfortably like that...

 Suddenly, I see a person's shadow.
 It was unusual at this time of night, and as I looked at the figure, I noticed that it was unsteadily wobbling.
 As I approached without stopping, I judged from her back and clothing that she was a young woman.

 ......She's probably drunk.
 Today is the so-called "Flower Friday"
 Since tomorrow was a Saturday off, I guess she had been drinking too much without restraint.

 Still, I wondered if it would be safe for a drunk young woman to be alone at this time of night?
 Maybe I should talk to her... that’s what I thought, but if a man with such a scary face suddenly approached her, she would probably be surprised.

 I'm worried about her, but I think I'll keep an eye on her for a while, and if she's clearly in danger, I'll call out to her then.
 With that in mind, I was running...

 The woman, who was walking unsteadily in front of me, took a grand fall and collapsed.

 Whoa, is she okay? She fell spectacularly, and I hope she didn't get hurt.
 So I stopped running and walked up to the woman who was lying on the ground.
 I was watching the situation nearby for a while, but... she didn't move at all.

 ......Maybe she got hit in the wrong spot?
 Thinking so, I knelt down and called out to the woman.

"Are you okay?"

 No response.
 Finally, I got worried and made her lie down on her back.
 Watching her shallow, repeated breathing, I breathed a sigh of relief that she was alive for now, and then looked into the woman's face.

 And I was shocked.

 ...... I've seen this person before.

"Ma-Makiri-sensei...!?"

 I unconsciously muttered her name.

 I can't quite believe that the dignified, elegant, and beautiful woman I've always seen is the same person as the drunken woman in front of me, even though I've seen it firsthand.

"N-Nn..."

 And then the drunken, somewhat sexy moaning voice of Makiri-sensei reaches my shaken ears.
 Apparently, Makiri-sensei noticed my voice.

 Makiri-sensei opened her eyelids and looked at me with a puzzled look, and then asked.

"...Ara, Tomoki-kun? How did you end up in a ple~ce laike theis?"

 Makiri-sensei is speaking inarticulately.
 I could tell from her breath that she had been drinking a lot.
 And now that she called my name, the theory that I had in a corner of my mind that she was just another person disappeared.

"It's my daily run. Makiri-sensei also... um, what's the matter?"

 Why are you so drunk?

 ...... I couldn't ask her that straightforwardly, so I asked her with a wry smile.

"... Wha~t? Even Tomoki-kun se~id something like that?"

"Ha?"

 There was a sullen and somewhat sad expression on Makiri-sensei's face.

"Excuse me, what are you talking about?"

 When I ask the question that Makiri-sensei muttered, Makiri-sensei mutters in a firm tone of voice, with her shoulders shaking.




"...What wro...?"


 Normally, Makiri-sensei is a well dressed woman, but I guess it was because she fell down so badly earlier.
 Her blouse was unbuttoned and white skin was peeking out from her chest.
 As I desperately tried to avert my gaze from it, I heard Makiri-sensei's mumbling voice reaching my ears in a broken voice.


"Excuse me, what did you say?"


 At my question, Makiri-sensei's cheeks reddened as she became agitated.
 Then she looks at me with moist eyes.


 With a prodigal expression on her face, Makiri-sensei opened her vivid vermilion lips wider――




"I said! What's wrong with being a virgin at 23!?!!?"




 She shouted as she give me a condemning look.



"E~etto. What can I say.... E~eh?"






 I mumbled to myself in a daze, unable to comment.

"...I'm going home"

 And then, seeing my reaction, Makiri-sensei muttered sullenly.
 I was very confused myself, but surely we need to get you home as quickly as possible.

"Your house, is it close? I'll give you a lift."

 I was worried about the state of Makiri-sensei, so I asked her.
    She nodded her head, "Nn...", Makiri-sensei responded.
 She stood up and...

"Ouch"

 She loses her balance and almost falls.
 I quickly held her in my arms.

 Then I felt my face heat up as I looked at her slender, well defined, yet feminine and soft body.
 And then there was the scent of Makiri-sensei's sweet scent mixed with the smell of alcohol.
 I force myself to shake off my embarrassment and then call out to Makiri-sensei.

"Are you okay?"

"...My feet hurt."

 After shaking her head, Makiri-sensei answered weakly.
 She must have twisted it when she fell earlier.

"I'll lend you my shoulder. Do your best."

 When I said that, Makiri-sensei said in a pathetic voice.

"I don't want to walk because it hurts... Can you give me a piggyback ride?"

 Makiri-sensei says to me in a spoiled voice like a child.
 I wanted to just say, "Just walk it off," but now Makiri-sensei was drunk and injured.
 There is no way she walks properly, huh?

"By the way, where is your address?"

 I asked, and Makiri-sensei gave me the address in a whisper.
 ...... It's close.
 It's a walking distance from my house.

"I'll take you there. Just hang on to me, please."

 After I said that, I took Makiri-sensei in my arms.
 ...... She's light.

"T-This is! not a piggyback ride !?"

 Makiri-sensei flustered in my arms and her face turning bright red.
 Maybe she's not just drunk, maybe she's angry too.
 But piggybacking and carrying aren't so different at this point.
 With that in mind, I ignore her words and start walking.

 At first, she let out a protest in a suspicious tone, but I continued to ignore her words, and within a few minutes, Makiri-sensei had quieted down.
 When I looked at her, she was asleep with her forehead resting on my chest and a peaceful expression on her face.

 Without knowing the people's concerns, she is sleeping soundly without a care in the world...

 It doesn't matter if you're a teacher or a student.
 I swore to myself that I would definitely give a lecture to Makiri-sensei.


 And――


 The police won't question me or anything, right?
 I headed for her house, inwardly feeling a bit nervous.