Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 6, To the Student Council Room


 After talking with Makiri-sensei, the next period was break time.

"I'm watching you in the hallway earlier, you get called out by Makiri-sensei?"

 Asakura came to my seat and asked me.

"Yeah"

"Did something happen?"

 Asakura asks worriedly.
 Maybe he was worried about me, because Makiri-sensei has an image of being strict.

"It wasn't a big deal."

 When I replied, Asakura seemed to believe me easily.

"Hmm, I see"

 He muttered a few words.
 Then the conversation turned to Makiri-sensei.

"Makiri-sensei is beautiful but scary and hard to get close to."

"It certainly has that kind of image, but she's actually a good teacher."

 After nodding at my words, Asakura asked me with a serious expression.

"Does Tomoki actually... looked at with a harsh eye?"

"That's not true"

 As I say that, Asakura rubs the tip of his nose with his fingertips and blushes with embarrassment.

"I... well, I don't hate it."

"I-Is that so..."

 Unable to make a comment on Asakura's coming out, I replied with a few words.
 ... Maybe he wasn't worried about me, maybe he was just jealous.

"If only there was a gap where a cool beauty like that could show her cute face at a moment's notice... Isn't it the best?"

 Asakura said with conviction and asked me for consent.

"...It's the best"

 I nodded slowly in agreement, not wanting to deny Asakura's principle.

"What is the best?"

 Kana approached us from the side, probably curious about our conversation.

"Yeah, we were talking about Makiri-sensei. Tomoki was called earlier."

 With a worried look on her face, Kana asks me.

"Is that so? I know Makiri-sensei is strict, but were you okay?"

"Yeah, no problem"

 When I answered, Kana smiled softly and then said.

"Thank goodness. So, about what you were saying earlier.... What's the best thing about Makiri-sensei?"

 ...... Kana smiled softly, but her eyes were not smiling.
 I look at Asakura.

 He smiled freshly, then,

"Tomoki and I were talking about how it would be great if a cool beauty like that had a cute side."

 He told Kana.

 I was expecting him to change the subject from his fresh smile earlier, but he didn't.

"He~e.... Yuuji-kun, you like that kind of thing. Hmm."

 And then Kana muttered that with a sulking expression on her face and a resentful glance.

"No, not like that..."

"Even though you are Touka-chan's boyfriend, you still call Makiri-sensei the best... You said I'm like an idol. You're quite unfaithful, aren't you, Yuuji-kun.... Now I'm worried about what's going to happen after we start dating."

 Kana mutters with a gloomy expression on her face.
 I didn't know where to make a comment, and as I pondered in silence, Asakura put her hand on my shoulder with a refreshing smile on his face.

"Tomoki... I feel like I'm the most miserable person in the world right now, is it my imagination or something?"

 I was confused when I saw the somewhat sad expression on his face.

"T-That's not true... I think?"

 Seeing Asakura's too sad expression, I felt sorry, but I couldn't affirm it either...




 And after school.
 As I left my seat to leave, as usual, I was approached by Ike.

"Sorry Yuuji, I'd like to have a little talk with you now, can you come to the student council room?"

 Helping the student council again?
 I don't have anything important to do, and it won't be a problem if I call Touka later.
 At Ike's words, I nodded and then answered.

"No problem"

"Thank you. Follow me then."

 Ike responded with a smile.
 Then we left the classroom together.
 As I walked down the corridor, I sent a message to Touka that I was heading to the student council room.

 Soon after, I received a reply from Touka.

[Then I'll go to the student council room too]

"Touka said, she's heading to the student council room too."

 I said to Ike, who was walking next to me, and he chuckled.
 I wondered what was going on, and looked at him.

"Oh, I just thought you two got along well. Isn't that a good thing?"

 He wasn't teasing me, but if anything, Ike himself seemed relieved.
 I'm embarrassed for some reason,

"Right"

 I could only answer bluntly and shortly. 
 Ike smiled somewhat happily at my answer.

 ...... In the meantime, we arrived at the student council room.
 When the door opened and I entered the room, I found Tanaka-senpai, the secretary, and Suzuki, the treasurer, who were already on the student council.

"Ya~a, hello, both of you"

"Sup"

 The two of them greeted us after they noticed us.
 They are two of the few people who can treat me without any prejudice.

"Hey"

 I replied shortly.

"Hello, you're both early. I heard that Tatsumiya will be a little late... Where's Taketori-senpai?"

 Tanaka-senpai smiled bitterly at Ike's words before answering.

"Taketori-san isn't on board, and I don't think he'll come."

"I see. I guess he's not coming after all."

 Ike replied to Tanaka-senpai's words in a rather discouraging tone.
 If he was a student council member, I must have seen him at least once, but I couldn't recall the face of this Taketori-senpai at all.

"Well, it can't be helped. Then, when Touka comes, I'll explain why I called you today..."

 After saying that much, there was a knock on the door of the student council room, and Ike closed his mouth.

"Come in"

 Suzuki said to the door, and the door was opened.

"Hello! Is my beloved Yuuji-senpai here?"

"He is here"

 Ike said to Touka with a soft expression on his face.
 Touka immediately came over to me and stood next to me.

"You got caught by my brother again, didn't you, senpai? I'm sorry, my brother is always bothering you."

 Touka imitated crying,

"No, I don't mind"

"Ya~n, senpai, you're so kind, it's wonderful ♡"

 And from the start, Touka was doing her best to favor me.

"...So what was the matter?"

 When I just let Touka's compliments pass by, she looked a little displeased, but she quickly regained her composure and turned her gaze to Ike.

"I need to talk to you about something. Can you take a look at this first?"

 Then Ike hands me a document of about ten pages.

"This is from last year... Every year at the beginning of August, the student council officers hold a camp for two days and one night. The purpose of the camp is to discuss the problems of school life and improve school life in the future. And through the camp, to enhance the cooperation among the officers...... is the title, but the reality is that it is like a social gathering."

"Eh, is there such a thing?"

 I said, and Ike nodded, "Yeah," and then,

"I wanted Yuuji to come to the training camp too. You'll have to pay your own expenses, but it's not that much money, so I thought you might like to join."

 The documents show the actual amount spent last year, and it's certainly not that much of a burden....
 But there will be other problems before that.

"I'm not a member of the student council, is it okay if I join?"

 I asked, and Ike nodded.

"Yeah, I've gotten permission from the teacher. It's not a problem at all, as long as Yuuji is okay with it.... Touka too."

"Eh !? Me too? Why !!?"

 Touka, who was abruptly brought up, reacted as if she was surprised.

"Yuuji has been helping the student council every now and then since last year, and Touka since that study group, right? Since we're talking about how to improve school life, it's okay to have a few more students and listen to their opinions. Especially if they are supportive of the student council. In fact, there was a precedent for this. That's why I don't see any problem with the two of you participating."

 I see. If there's a precedent, it's easy to get through?

"Well, I can wait a few days for an answer... Can you come?"

 Ike asks me.

"Let's go, senpai?"

 Touka said as she tugged at my clothes.

"You're really into this."

"It looks like fun. Do you dislike it, senpai?"

"...I guess so. Indeed, it could be fun. Let me join."

 When I said to Ike,

"I see! I'm glad you said that. Then I'll give you the details later. Just wait a little longer."

 Relieved, Ike said so.

"Please take care. Tomoki-kun, Ike-san."

"I'm looking forward to it"

 Tanaka-senpai and Suzuki seemed to have welcomed me with open arms.

 Then, since there didn't seem to be anything special going on, Touka and I decided to just say hello to them and quickly leave the student council.


 And as soon as we got to the hallway,

"Senpai, can I borrow your ear for a moment?"

 Touka said ‘come here’ as she slightly bent her fingertips.
 I did as I was told and bent down a little on the spot.

 She standing on tiptoe, put her hand to my ear and whispered.


"... It's your first sleepover ♡"


 After being told that, I stood up straight and looked at Touka.
 She looks at me with a mischievous expression on her face, looking up at me.

 I was a little curious as to what she was so looking forward to ――.
 I see, so this is what Touka told me at the time, the movement "make senpai fall in love with me"?
 I noticed that and decided to answer in a low tension. 

"No comment"

 In response to my boring reply, Touka said with a mischievous expression on her face and a happy laugh.


"I'm really looking forward to it ♡"