Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 10, Rose


 The first semester of my second year of high school.

 Looking back, a lot has happened, but it's over.


 Today was the closing ceremony.


 The languid ceremony ended in the morning, and by the afternoon, I was free.

 The class members currently in the classroom are also having a good time chatting with each other.


 By the way, as for me.

 Ike and Asakura had left the classroom right away for student council and club activities, so I was just to pack up my stuff and about get out of here.


 However, there was someone who called out to me in my loneliness.


"Yuuji-kun! It's summer vacation now!"


"Oh, that's right."


 I said a few words and looked at Kana, the girl who had approached me.

 Then Kana, looking somewhat nervous, opened her mouth.


"... You know, I was wondering if your summer vacation plans are already pretty much set?"


"I've had a lot of free days so far."


 When I replied, Kana looked somewhat embarrassed and then said.


"I see. ...... In that case, would it be okay if I asked you to come and cheer me on at my tennis match again? I want to show you how cool I am this time!"


"Of course. I will go to cheer you."


 When I answered, Kana smiled brightly.


"... Ehehe, thank you! I'm going to practice at the tennis school again today. I have to hurry up and get on the train, so I'll be playing tennis for a while, and I won't be able to see you much, but... I'll be sure to contact you, so make sure you reply, okay? "


"... Yeah, of course."


"Yatta! It's a promise! See you again, Yuuji-kun."


"Ou, see you again. Good luck with your tennis practice."


 Kana waved her hand, and I said a few words to her...


"... Are you cheating on me, senpai?"


 From behind, a voice suddenly asked me in a firm tone.

 I turned around and before I knew it, Touka was behind me.


"No, of course not"


 When I said that, Touka gave me a suspicious look,


"Hmph"


 She responded by turning away.

 Touka didn't like the idea of me falling in love with someone else and this 'fake' lover relationship falling apart, so I guess it wasn't an interesting sight.


"Let's just go home"


"……Yes"


 To my words, Touka replied in a sullen mood.



 Then I changed my shoes at the shoe box and walked to the school gate.

 It seemed that some of the athletic teams had already started practicing, and I could see students running around the perimeter of the school building.


"Tomoki-senpai!"


 Then I hear a voice calling me from somewhere and I stop.


"... What are you stopping for? Let's get to the station quickly."


 I'm sure Touka can hear the voice, but she doesn't care, smiling radiantly and hurrying me along.


"You must really dislike him..."


 I smile bitterly.

 Then I saw the junior who must have called my name earlier running towards me.


"Thank you for your hard work! Are you going home now !?"


 The one who said that with a lively smile on his face was my kouhai, Kai Rekka.


"Yeah, I'm about to go home."


"That's why it's a problem if you talk to us~. Me and senpai are going on an after-school date right now!"


"You're still treating him as awful as ever..."


 I smiled in amazement at Touka's apparent rejection.


 ...... This Kai Rekka, although he is now very friendly to me, was quite hostile to me a while ago.

 And there was a time when the two of us finally came to blows, and because of that, Touka disliked Kai intensely.


 ...... Both of them are rare juniors who respect me, and I wish they could get along with each other, but it is not going well.


"By the way, Kai. Your hair has quite grown."


 Kai had shaved his head as a sign of regret after his quarrel with me, but now he had grown into a manly man with short, third-generation hair.

 Since his face is well-defined, he looks good even with this kind of hairstyle.

 Instead, it is more wild and some people may prefer this type.


 ...... In fact, a girl I had passed on the way here looked at Kai and blushed.


"Yes, it's been more than two months since then. Ah! If senpai prefers a shaved head, I'll always shave it off!"


"I won't. Don't worry."


 I responded with a wry smile,


"Okay, then we have nothing more to talk about, right. Let's go home then, Yuuji-senpai! Bye bye Kai-kun, We'll see you again in the second semester!"


 Touka tells him that she doesn't want to see him during the summer vacation in a roundabout way, and pushes me to leave quickly.


"No, please wait, Tomoki-senpai! I had one thing I wanted to say!"


 Kai said impatiently.


"Ha~a? ... No no, senpai does not want to hear it. Right~? So let's go home?"


 Touka asks me to agree with her with a mischievous smile on her face.


 Kai, however, looks quite desperate. If I didn't ask him, on the contrary, I would be curious.

 I urged Kai to continue.


"Oh, what?"


 Touka's shoulders shake as if she was angry at my words, Kai, on the other hand, is all smiles.


"I hope you can play with me... once the summer vacation starts."


 And Kai said so shyly.


 ...... What, it is just that? You don't have to desperately say that.


"Ha? Of course, that's no good. Senpai said he was going to go on a lot of dates with me over the summe "Of course, I want to get to know Kai better, too."... Senpai?"


 When I said something that overlapped with Touka's words, she looked very impatient and scared of something.


 ...... Have I said anything to make you that impatient?

 With that in mind, I give follow-up to Touka.


"Don't worry, I won't forget my date with Touka."


"...That's not the problem!"


 Touka said, glaring at me in dissatisfaction.

 So what exactly does that mean?


"I'm sorry, Touka. Sometimes I want to be with Tomoki-senpai."


 Kai says to Touka apologetically.

 ...... He is a junior who says the nicest things.

 However, Touka with a firm voice,


"It's super impossible. I can't believe it."


 She muttered, and then turned her cold gaze to Kai.


"Sorry sorry"


 After Kai said that, he didn't seem to take it personally,


"Ah, so, I was wondering, do you like hot springs, senpai? As a token of my gratitude, please let me wash Tomoki-senpai's back!"


 Oh, a hot spring, huh. That's good.

 Of course it's good. ... I was going to answer that.


"HAa!? No, absolutely! That's impossible! Why should senpai go to a hot spring with you!? Creepy, creepy, creepy! I'm rejecting it in a second!!"


 Touka refused with all her might.

 It's pretty harsh, isn't it?


"... Touka, don't you think you're exaggerating? Even Kai will be hurt if you say that much."


"Eh!? ... No, I honestly understand Touka's feelings as well. I think it can't be helped."


 Kai said with a sad expression on his face.

 I'm sure that Kai himself still regrets what he said and did to me back then.

 But I also don't want Kai to drag that out forever.


 After all, it might be a good idea to get naked with Kai once and have a heart-to-heart talk with him.


"Even though I'm saying this for the sake of senpai...!"


 And Touka was gritting her teeth in frustration as she muttered to herself.

 ... It's nice to know that she cares about me like that. It really helps.


"Thanks as always, Touka.... But I think Kai's would not trouble now?"


 When I told Touka how I felt about her, she had a complicated expression on her face that I can't describe.


"You’re right, but you're wrong...!"


 After saying something like that, which I didn't really understand, she said with a serious expression, as if she had made up her mind.


"... I got it! I'll take full responsibility for protecting senpai! So when you go to the onsen with this guy, be sure to call me! I'll do everything I can, and if there's any danger, I'll always be there!! "


 I was thrilled that Touka was so concerned about me.

 Really, Touka is a good girl.


 While I was thinking about it, I felt overwhelmed by Touka, who pressed me with an unbelievably threatening attitude.


"O-Ou. That's right, Touka, let's go together. Is that okay, Kai?"


"Of course, Tomoki-senpai! No problem, I'm looking forward to it! ... Let's feel good together!"


 Kai's cheeks turn red with embarrassment and he smiles shyly.

 Certainly, in the summer when such hot days continue, it seems to be comfortable to take a sweat in a hot spring.


"Senpai... Uu"


 With a pale face, Touka looked as if she was about to start crying.

 I was so surprised that I called out to Touka.


"What's wrong? Are you feeling sick?"


 As I was thinking, she squeezed my hem and looked up at me.


"... I'll definitely protect senpai!"


 Then Touka declared with a serious expression on her face and even more determination than before.


 ...... Really, I'm not sure what's going on.

 Even so, I could tell from her words and expression that Touka was thinking seriously about me.


"Yeah, thank you. Touka"


 ―― I was really happy about that.

 I could only respond with a few words, and I was frustrated by my own communicative disorder.

Previous | Table of Contents | Next