Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 1 | "I Don't Understand" | Remake our Life!


Part 1

    A room in an apartment building bathed in soft sunlight.

    On the table in the dining room and kitchen, a delicious looking breakfast is prepared.

    The corn soup was steaming, the toast was fragrant, and the salad was lush. It was as if the scene had been prepared for a photo shoot.

    "Mom, Maki learned a new song the other day!"

    "Fufu, okay, well, let Mom hear it later, okay?"

    "Un, I will sing a lot!"

    The parent and child smile at each other in idle conversation.

    In the middle of a set that could be a sample of "happy everyday scenes" at any point, I was alone, biting into a piece of toast with a sense of absent-mindedness.

    (Dream... It’s not)

    I pinched my cheek many times earlier. I washed my face. I couldn't believe that what was happening in front of my eyes was real, so I tried this and that to get back to my world.

    However, none of them became a gateway to the former world, but only strengthened my awareness that the world in front of me was an undeniable reality.

    But still, I can't help but think this is just a dream...

    "Dad"

    Suddenly, the woman in front of me spoke to me.

    "Eh, eeh... w-what?"

    The name, which I am not used to being called, makes my behavior suspicious to the fullest.

    "What's the matter, you've been chewing on nothing but bread for a while now... I wonder if I don't have much appetite?"

    When I looked, I saw that I had been eating nothing but toast since a while ago.

    "Dad, you tell Maki to eat all kinds of food, that's not fair ~"

    Next to me, a girl puffed out her cheeks and turned to look at me in protest.

    "N-No, no, that's not true, I have an appetite and I eat other things besides bread."

    In a panic, I grab a cup of corn soup and sip it wholeheartedly.

    Immediately, a hot liquid spread in my mouth.

    "Hot!"

    Then, as promised in the development, I burned my tongue.

    "Whoa, are you okay?"

    In a panic, the woman prepared a glass of water for me.

    I take a sip and exhale.

    "Sorry, thank you... what am I doing?"

    "Fufu, I feel like I haven't seen dad like that in a long time."

    The woman smiles softly at me.

    Although she was a bit older, she still had the same smile that I was used to seeing in my former world.

    "Ah, but this corn soup is delicious..."

    Once again, my mouth was filled with a rich flavor that still had the texture of corn.

    "Yeah, Thank God, I made it from scratch, not a ready-made one?"

    (The woman who seems to be) Shinoaki is showing her pride and joy.

    She looked so cute, just like the girl from the former world, but I'm sure Shinoaki wasn't a good cook in the first place.

    It must have taken a long time for a girl who couldn't even figure out how to measure water with a measuring cup to be able to make a solid soup with a can of corn, milk and cream.

    After all, there is a gap somewhere. That is also in various places.

    (Shinoaki……)

    She was supposed to be 19 years old, just like me.


    But right in front of me now was a girl who seemed to be a little older.

    No, there's no proof that this is that Shinoaki.

    No matter how much the smile was the same, the atmosphere, the gestures, and the words, she was completely not her anymore.

    (I never thought that the story I was joking around with Tsurayuki would become a reality in this way)

    If this was going to happen, I should have been more interested in what IF had to say. I didn't know how to find out if she was Shinoaki or not, and I didn't know how to behave at all.

    On the contrary, I don't know anything about where I am right now.

    (Calm down... Anyway, right now, I just need to figure out the present situation)

    "Maki wants to watch PuCure!"

    "Yes, yes, after the food is finished."

    The two continue to talk happily as parent and child.

    I'm still puzzled by the air full of strangeness.