28, Coming to An End


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you


 I look down at the fainting Kai.
 In particular, it didn't feel like I had hit something in the head, and I could leave him there until he woke up.

 When I released the tension at the thought, the pain that should have made me bend over came back.

"Ouch..."

 I grunt slightly.
 It was a good fist, and I was deeply moved ――.

"A-Are you okay, senpai!?"

 Touka changes her expression and runs up to me.

"It's all right. No problem"

"There is a big problem! Your nose is bleeding!"

 With an anxious look on her face, she pulls out a tissue from her uniform pocket and tries to wipe my nosebleed.
 I can't let someone get to me like that.
 I took a tissue from her and wiped up the blood and squeezed my nose to stop the bleeding.

"I'm fine, thank you "

"... Thank you, my ass."

 Touka looked down.
 She has a serious expression on her face.

"Don't you have something to say to me, senpai?"

 She kept her head down and asked me a question.
 I think for a moment, but I can't think of anything in particular.
 …… Ah, no. There was one.

"It's so girlie of you to carry around pocket tissues."

 At my words, Touka gave me a sad look.

"... Seriously, are you saying that?"

"My bad. Just kidding."

 ...... But then, what does she think I'm trying to say?

"This time, he went out of control.... Isn't it my fault, is it?"

 Touka began to speak slowly.

"If I hadn't approached senpai with the idea of a fake lovers relationship, I'm sure none of this would have happened."

"That's not true. He thought I was dangerous in the first place, so this would have happened sooner or later."

"...Senpai is a really kind person. I think the misunderstanding had been cleared up before this happened."

 I shake my head at Touka's kind words.

"It's impossible. I always give up trying to clear up misunderstandings with words and clench my fists to try to solve them. That's how misunderstandings deepen, people hate me, and avoid me."

 I asked Touka, who had a frustrated expression on her face.

"...Touka must have been scared, right?"

"Yes, I was scared."

 Touka said in a faint voice.
 ...... I guess we might not be able to have the same relationship as before.
 When I thought about it, she continued.

"Why didn't you just run away in front of the guy with the knife? Why do you get hit in a stupidly honest way when you can avoid it? I didn't want to see senpai get hurt, I thought it would be something irreversible. It was really, really... scary!"

 Touka's words didn't stop.

"I mean, what's with the lack of effort to clear up the misunderstanding? In the first place, your face was scary and easy to get into trouble, so senpai became stronger to defend himself, right? I can understand that without even asking. After all, you haven't done a single thing wrong! So why shouldn’t you try to clear up the misunderstanding!? There's no need to make such an effort, if everyone looked after you properly, then senpai wouldn't be dragged into this! Why does senpai say it's your fault... I don't like it. I'm sad."

 Tears were almost spilling from the corners of her eyes.

"Senpai listened to my true intentions and faced me properly! Those words encouraged me to try again! Senpai is really a very warm and kind person, but why..."

 I must have said something terrible, I thought.
 This was the first time I became aware of it.

"Enough, Touka "

 I then put my hand on Touka's head, who still looked like she didn't have enough to say, and crumpled up her hair.

"Thank you"

 Touka fell silent when she heard my words.
 After a moment, she lifted my hand go from her head.
 I was about to back out when I realized that I was being too familiar.
 She didn't let go of my hand at all.

"Senpai is always gripped your hands to protect yourself or someone. Isn't this so warm and gentle... Please remember that."

 Touka said as she turned away.
 Her cheeks were bright red, and I could tell that she was trying to cheer me up, even though she was embarrassed.

"Yeah"

 I answered her with one word.
 Touka smiled in satisfaction when she heard my response.

 Then, she looked disdainfully at the fainting Kai, and said.

"This idiot is going to start acting up again anyway? While he's unconscious, let's strip him naked and take some embarrassing pictures to use as blackmail material."

It was Touka who said something quite frightening.

"You don't have to do that. I'll try to talk to him properly this time."

"Talk, is it... Then, senpai doesn't have a turn."

"Ha?"

 Touka said quietly, then walked to Kai.
 Is he going to check on the fallen Kai?
 When I think so...

"Fuga!"

 Touka kicked Kai in the stomach and woke him up.
 ――What is she doing, that girl?
 I could only watch in astonishment.

"H, huh... I. My face hurts..."

 She grabbed Kai by the chest, who was covering his face and getting agitated, and then,

"Without even listening to what others had to say, you arbitrarily labeled senpai as a bad person and went out of control. Even with a knife, you are not only no match for him at all, but senpai let you hit him once for mercy, and then he hits you in one shot. .......You're an incredibly cool hero, you know that."

 Touka's voice had a dark anger in it.
 Kai looked at Touka's expression and showed confusion and fright.

"Judging people only by their appearance and never looking at what's inside. And yet, you impose your own selfish convenience. Yuuji-senpai is kind, so he may forgive you. But I won't forgive you. .……Definitely"

 Touka took a deep breath and then shouted.


"Never again――Don't you dare mess my precious lover again!"


 Kai silently nodded his head.
 After taking a glance at him with scorn, Touka let go of the hand that grabbed his chest.

 Then she walked up next to me and muttered a few words.


"...Now, I said properly. I said it for senpai’s sake."


 She must be quite embarrassed.
 Touka couldn't even look at me, and muttered in an embarrassed pout.

"Oh, I know."

 When I said that, Touka, perhaps to hide her embarrassment, said, "What do you mean, 'I know', you idiot!" She punched me lightly my side a few times.
 It didn't hurt at all, or rather, it tickled.

 I turned on my back and saw Kai looking up at the sky in a dazed state.
 ......Touka had taken the trouble to shout it out for me.
 I guess it's no use for me to say anything to him here.

"...Let's go home"

"...Yes."

 Touka replies to my words.
 We left the rooftop side by side.


 Then, as I was about to go down the stairs, I remembered something.

"Ah, by the way, I wanted to tell Touka something."

 At my words, Touka, who was standing next to me, raised her voice, "Eh!?"
 Then she stops and looks at me anxiously.
 It's not really a big deal, but... When you get so tense, I get nervous, too.
 When I thought about it, I said to Touka.

"The lunch box was delicious. Thank you for the meal."

 At my words, Touka first opened her mouth and gave me a dumbfounded look.
 Then, her face turned red and she grabbed the hem of my uniform.

"T-That! You're saying that now!?"

"I figured I hadn't told you how good it was, so I'm telling you now."

 When I said that, Touka said, "Hmph!" and turned her head away.

"Stupid, stupid.... Stuupid! Senpai is a really interesting person!"

 Then she looked up and peeked at me.
 Our gazes meet each other's.
 Touka was still embarrassed, her cheeks flushed red as she spoke.

"...I'll make a lunch box again."

"Oh, I'm looking forward to it."

"Let's eat together next time."

"...Ou"

 When I replied, Touka smiled happily.