Chapter 3 We Keep Getting Lost


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you.


Part 15

    "It's a beautiful place"

    "T-That's right."

    An hour later, I was put into a car and driven to Osaka Nanko. I was taken to Nanko, Osaka without feeling like living.

    Nanko is a place famous for the phrase "Sink it or lose it" in yakuza movies. Ah, it was so deserted that I thought it would be difficult to be discovered if I could sink here.

    However, as Sayuri-san said, the night view was beautiful. I wondered if there was some kind of final act of mercy to show them a good view before they died.

    No, I really don't want to get sunk...
    
    "Um... Do you have something to talk about with me?"

    I said it, but I knew what it was about.

    To Sayuri-san, I was the bad guy who was pushing Tsurayuki to do something shady, and I was the one who was making it impossible for him to return to his parents' house in Saitama.

    There was no way that such a person would be treated favorably. It's true that I won't be sunk in Nanko, but I'd better be prepared to be threatened for something related to Tsurayuki.

    "That... If you're threatening me about Tsurayuki, it's futile. I am ―― "

    I was supposed to be able to say something like, "I will not succumb to anything," like a trapped female knight. Well, a female knight would easily succumb to it.

    "What are you talking about?"

    Sayuri-san looks puzzled.

    "Eeh... but isn't this about Tsurayuki?"

    "That's right... I'm not thinking about what to do with you."

    I was a little relieved. I had been thinking about that possibility for a while.

    "I have something to tell you."

    Kohon, Sayuri-san cleared her throat,

    "I'm leaving tomorrow."

    "Eh"

    "When I saw how you guys were doing and talked to Tsu-kun, I realized. He said that he would not be able to come back to me or to his parents' house. I've been alone with my thoughts, and I've come to that."

    That's why she didn't come to the share house for the past few days.

    "I really should have told Tsu-kun, but after what happened the other day... He'll have a hard time seeing me." 

    "That's why you called me instead of Tsurayuki?"

    Sayuri-san nodded.

    "And lastly, I wanted to confirm something."

    "Confirm?"

    "Tsurayuki-san... Tsu-kun was always talking about you. Kyoya is amazing, or it's okay to leave it to him..."

    Did you say such a thing, Tsurayuki?

    "That's why let me ask you something."
    
    "……Yes"

    "Tsu-kun and Kyoya-san... do you have that kind of relationship?"

    "……Eh?"

    "Frankly speaking, body"

    "There is no such thing as a physical relationshiiiiiiiiip!!!!"

    What the hell is this person talking about all of a sudden!!

    "What, so it was. It was such a trusting relationship, I thought you had a pact or something."

    ...... She was supposed to be a normal person, but I wondered if this kind of thinking was something that all girls had.

    "Be that as it may, you are very trusted by Tsu-kun. The reason you are working together is because of that trust."

    Her eyes glare at me, albeit slightly.

    I instantly understood that this was the way to look at an enemy.

    "But I can't quite trust you. What are your thoughts and feelings about being with Tsu-kun. Until I hear that... I can't go home."

    Sayuri takes a step closer to me.

    "As you have probably heard, he is the son of the Rokuonji family. As long as he returns to his parents' home, he will be able to lead a stable life."

    From what I hear, I guess that's true.

    They are a prominent family that owns several large hospitals in the Tokyo metropolitan area. They probably have enough money to live on without doing anything.

    "And yet, you guys and Tsu-kun are choosing an unstable path. How can you guarantee Tsu-kun's life? Is that enough?"

    It was a difficult question to answer.

    Originally, as Kanou-sensei said, this industry is far from stable. There are many people in the industry who make a lot of money, but most of them don't make it and live off the haze.

    There was no way I could guarantee that Tsurayuki would succeed in the future. So all I could say was this.
    
    "I can't guarantee it."

    "That's right. Then you'd better tell Tsurayuki about it properly..."

    Interrupting Sayuri-san's words, I continued.

    "But this is the path that Tsurayuki himself has chosen. He knew it, and he chose it."

    He chose the path he wanted to take, leaving the stressful life of his family home behind. It was clear how difficult it was for him, as he repeatedly worked part-time and broke his body.

    He was more serious about the scenario than anyone else, and straightforward about creating the story.

    " ―― So I wanted to support him, and if it made him happy, then I wanted to bless him on his way."

    Because they don't have enough money for current living expenses. Because they can't pay their rent. I've seen many talented people in the world ten years later who could have made do with a little money, but disappeared because they couldn't afford it. Luck is a talent, and getting the opportunity is also a talent. I know that, but still, it was really hard to see people give up on their dreams because of something so trivial.

    That's why I'm definitely going to speak up this time. I'll do what I can.

    "...Is that so?" 

    Sayuri-san seemed to be at a loss for words.

    She had been watching Tsurayuki for a long time. She probably knew that he had suffered at home and that he had not been able to find his way for a long time.

    The happiness of Tsurayuki himself.

    If that was what she was hoping for, she thought, the words should work.

    "... Is Tsu-kun happy now?"

    "He is in a bit of a pinch. That's why we're trying to get through this by making games with his writing and selling them."

    "That game with embarrassing sentences...? Is it really can be sold? That kind of thing."

    Well, I guess that's how it would look to a normal person.

    "It may look like that to Sayuri-san, but we are making high-level products. And I'm sure many people will understand that."

    "... Do you really think so?"

    "Yes. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done it in the first place."

    I was bluffing. But I thought it was a scene that I had to say.

    I knew that by saying this, I would be taking on a heavy responsibility.

    A ship's whistle could be heard in the distance. Sayuri-san slowly opened her mouth as if she was watching a ship leaving for Kyushu.

    "……I got it"

    Sayuri-san, who had remained expressionless until then, finally smiled a little.

    "Not that I believed you, but I understood your enthusiasm and determination."

    "Thank you"

    Sayuri-san gave a deep, polite bow,

    "Please make Tsu-kun... happy."


    Like an older sister sending off her younger brother, she entrusted the future to me.

    "...Yes. I will do my best for the future of Tsurayuki."

    Sayuri-san nodded,

    "Goodbye then. Tsu-kun... and you all, I pray for your happiness from behind."

    She got into the car quietly and drove away.

    I had made a firm vow in my heart.

    No matter what happened, I was determined to complete the game on time.

    And try to leave a certain number.

    If the game sells, the money comes in, and Tsurayuki is able to pay his school fees. He will have a ticket to the future.

    In order to do that, I have to make the game, no matter what it takes.

    "Let's do it... I have to do it"

    The significance and determination that I had begun to lose a little were fully satisfied.

    Let's guide them correctly. That should lead to everyone's happiness.