Chapter 3 We Keep Getting Lost



Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you.


Part 14

    And after that day, Sayuri-san stopped showing up at the share house.

    She did not appear for even a moment in Tsurayuki's room, where she had been visiting every day.

    "No phone calls or short emails, there is none."

    Tsurayuki said he tried to contact her once, but Sayuri never answered.

    "Sayuri-san, has she stopped coming?"

    Shinoaki murmured, looking worried.

    "She is a cheerful onee-san, it’s a little lonely when she doesn't come."

    Nanako also seemed to be somewhat confused.

    "... Well, I guess that means I can focus on writing."

    And, a little lonely, Tsurayuki muttered so.

    To be honest, that was my honest thought as well. She had been interfering with Tsurayuki’s writing for some time, and I thought that even if I could get rid of her, it would improve his efficiency.

    I feel a little sorry for her, but I hope this will settle the matter...

    That was my optimistic thought, but today, exactly one week after Sayuri-san's disappearance, there was a little accident.

    "Today... Nanako is working on the opening song, Tsurayuki is making progress on his individual route, and Shinoaki is checking the coloring of the event CG... and"

    I was on my way home from university. I was walking home from the university, checking my schedule for the day, which had become my daily routine. This wasn't something to be praised, I've been doing some thinking and I neglected to pay attention to the road ahead.

    That's why,

    "Let's start with Shinoaki and check... Whoa!"

    When a black luxury car suddenly stopped in front of me, I shouted out as loud as I could.

    "I beg your pardon. I'm sorry."

    The driver of the car quickly got out and bowed graciously.

    The man who came down was surprisingly huge, with sunglasses, and a black suit, giving him a slightly fearsome appearance.

    "Oh, that? You surely..."

    I had seen him before. I had seen him last year when Keiko-san and I went to Nihonbashi to buy some equipment.

    There's a luxury car parked there, and then this guy gets out of it, and then.

    Just as I remembered that much, the window of the car opened soundlessly.

    "Sayuri, san..."

    "Hashiba Kyoya-san, I'm sorry to bother you, but can we have a moment?"

    A driver named Morooka-san was standing beside her, watching us carefully. It was very scary.

    To be honest, I wanted to say no, but it didn't seem like I had a choice not to go.