Chapter 4 We Desire a Form


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive.

Part 4

    After finishing the recording, Nanako and I returned to Minamikawachi. After all the glamorous work, reality awaited us back at the share house.

"I'm home……"

    When I opened the door, I found Shinoaki eating dinner alone in the living room.

"Are? Isn't Tsurayuki with you?"

    I asked, and Shinoaki shook her head.

"He said he couldn't write yet, so he stayed in his room and didn't come out."

    Nanako and I looked at each other and sighed.

"That sounds like a serious condition" 

"Looks like..."

    I set down my luggage and looked towards Tsurayuki's room.

    The door was still closed and did not seem to be opened to greet us.

    I'm sure he can't find the time to spare.

"I'll call out to him later. Shinoaki and Nanako, keep doing your work."

"Yeah, I got it"

"Tsurayuki-kun, I hope he can write."

    Both of them nodded and went back to their respective rooms.

    I went back to my room and immediately turned on my computer.

    I copied the text data of the scenario from the shared folder for progress reports and opened it on my desktop.

"...I knew it, the progress is obviously slow."

    While the overall work was lagging behind, it was Tsurayuki's scenario that progress was particularly difficult.

    With Sayuri-san's return to her parents' house, the speed of the project seemed to be increasing for a while. However, the delay was caused by the fact that he was writing something he was not familiar with, and the delay soon became noticeable again.

    In this game, I tried to keep the common routes to 100 kilobytes, while writing a little more for the individual routes. This was based on my experience that players are generally more satisfied when they have more individual routes.

    However, compared to the common route, where the heroine can appear in many scenes and daily conversations are easy to write and develop, the individual route, with its intense drama and the limited number of characters naturally requires more calories and time to write. In this way, it is easy to write a story with a lot of heroines.

    I knew that, but I didn't expect it to be so difficult.

"I can't say that Nanako and Shinoaki are in good shape... I guess I should think about it soon."

    It was not only the scenario that was not progressing well in the folder, but also the BGM and event CGs that we were just barely able to keep up with.

    Overall, the mood was stagnant. Since Sayuri-san's disappearance, both Shinoaki and Nanako had stopped approaching me strangely. I'm sure they could tell I wasn't in the mood, and I think it was also because their work wasn't going well.

    Well, that turned out to be a good thing in terms of production, but it didn't improve my work efficiency, so it was a delicate or ticklish situation.

    The time to make a decision is clearly approaching.

"All right... Let's do it"

    Pan, I clapped my hands together and opened an empty text file.

    So far, I had been holding back on my plan to prioritize efficiency. In order to give shape to this plan, I wrote down the instructions for each part.

    All for the sake of completion.