Chapter 4 We Desire a Form


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you.

Part 3

    "Thank you for your hard work, I'm really glad, Nanako."

    On the way home on the train, I was beside Nanako, who was exhausted.

    "Haa ~~~~ I am tired... but it felt sooooooooooo good!"

    Nanako seemed satisfied and stretched out her arms and legs, "Mmm".

    The recording was a great success. The sound director even said, "Next time, let's do a project that focuses on sound!", and Nanako seemed to have gained a lot of confidence.

    "I hope they like the song..."

    However, she was still afraid of actually being recorded.

    "Don't worry, the professionals were so excited, I'm sure the users will be happy."

    "Uu, uh, I wonder..."

    It seemed like this was all going to be a source of worry until it was completed.

    "Ah, that's right!"

    Nanako suddenly had a look of realization on her face,

    "I was planning to give it to Kyouya."

    She rummaged through a paper bag and pulled out a small package,

    "Here, chocolate. It's Valentine's Day, today."

    "T-Thank you"

    It was a complete surprise.

    I felt like that was the case today, so I was surprised.

    The chocolate comes in a beautiful box and is tied with a gorgeous colored ribbon.

    (This... I'm not sure how to judge this)

    I wonder which one it is.

    Considering all that had happened the other day, I thought it might be serious.

    "Haha, I'm happy even this is an obligation."

    I was a little wuss out and gave such a response.

    And as soon as I said it, I regretted it.

    "………"

    Nanako didn't respond to any of my words, but kept her eyes down and stared at her feet.


    (...I've done it)

    I was going to brush it off lightly, but what a thing.

    For a while, there was silence between me and Nanako.

    I couldn't say anything either, so I just scratched my head, looked at the box, and waited for the time to pass in an awkward atmosphere.

    It would have been nice if the train had arrived right away, but unfortunately it had just left and it would take at least 30 minutes to reach Kishi station.

    How do I talk to her...

    Sorry, if I apologized it will be odd, and when I was wondering what I was supposed to do,

    "You know, Kyouya"

    Nanako opened her mouth.

    "Ye, yeah? Nanako..."

    And then. Nanako was sitting next to me, her right hand gently placed on my hand.

    "I'm embarrassed, so don't look over here."

    "O-Okay."

    Nanako took a deep breath,

    "When... we're done making this game, can we talk."

    "...Talk"

    "A talk"

    She didn't answer me much about the topic, though.

    But even I who was indeed an insensitive person knew what she was going to ask me.

    In fact, this may be what Nanako wanted to say in the scene where the two of us were alone.

    But she knew that I was still working on the game and that I was focused on that.

    I thought that is why Nanako put one cushion distance between us.

    "...Okay, when things settle down."

    "Yeah, I'll be waiting"

    Nanako laughed and gave me a gentle look. She was tired, but her smile was quite heartwarming.

    "And, you know what."

    Nanako turned to the window with a sudden look of concern on her face.

    "Kyouya has something to think about before recording the voice..."

     "……Yes"

    Yes, I had one big problem left to worry about.