Chapter 4 We Desire a Form


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translations and the translators keep alive. Thank you.


Part 2

    "Ye~s, OK, that's great, Nanako-chan!"

    "Fuwa~, it's nice! Another take, is it okay?"

    "Okay okay, so let's turn up the tension a bit, shall we?"

    "Yes!"

    Responding cheerfully, Nanako quickly put on her headphones and went into standby.

    "Then, take 4, let's go through it!"

    The intro started to play, and after a few moments, Nanako's high-pitched voice echoed through the studio.

    As the sound director was impressed,

    "Wow, Keiko-san, where did you find such a great talent!"

    "Isn't she great? It's my secret weapon ~"

    Keiko-san also said happily and gave me a whisper.

    "See? It's not a big deal, right?"

    "It's exactly what you said."

    In fact, she got off to a bad start when we arrived at the studio, she was so nervous that she skipped her self-introduction, spilled water in her cup, and knocked over a box of candy when trying to wipe it up.

    The moment the intro started playing, Nanako started to sing, both Keiko and I were impressed.

    After that, I was just listening.

    "OK! we've got enough to record, let's have a little fun, shall we?"

    "That's good! I'll try singing a little differently then!"

    The sound director was also in the mood and accompanied Nanako's singing.

    At first, he seemed anxious, but now, it can't be helped he seemed to be enjoying her talent.

    "I guess we're good for the opening now. What about the ending?"

    "It's going to be a little longer. It will be instrumental, no vocals."

    I checked other details with Keiko-san. Final UI integration, script checking and adjustment, sound effects ordering and integration, etc.

    I'm an expert in this area. It was an area that I myself felt motivated by, as I would be able to use what I had learned 10 years later.

    "All right, there's only a few left. That's the last thing we need."

    I nodded and stared at Nanako as she sang happily.