Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Translator Note:

Just wanted to let you know that sometimes I won't translate calls(?) like 'oppa, hyung, eonni, nuna, etc.' and suffixes like '-ssi, -nim, etc.'

So...... Bear with me, please (/▿\ )

Thank You!

***

Chapter 8 – It Was Worth It

"First...... Please, come in."

Lee Young-chang opened the door, trying to ignore Yoon Jay, and Park Chul-woo gave instructions to him to follow them with a hand gesture.

Jung Seung-woo, Choi Taeyang, and the others waited in the yard, and Yoon Jay went inside the house with Park Chul-woo.

"Well, those people behind you......"

"It can't be helped, you know it."

Cho Yoo-kyung can't help it because her brother, who was properly embedded in the affiliate company, keeps creeping up on her.

Behind Cho Yoo-kyung, two men who looked like doors stood without moving, making the house look narrow.

"Just pretend they're not there."

Lee Young-chang sighed softly. All he cared about was Yoon Jay.

If they talked about the re-release of <Children>, stories about his past would come up, and he was sure Cho Yoo-kyung couldn't even imagine that Yoon Jae-hee himself would be listening nearby.

"So, you got in touch with Jae-hee, right?"

"It happened by accident."

Lee Young-chang admitted. Cho Yoo-kyung was persistent and stubborn, and if he kept hiding it, she would only dig deeper.

"Do you have his contact number? Give it to me."

"I don't have."

That's a lie. He has Yoon Jay's number because of the re-release, but he doesn't want to give it to her.

"He gives you his consent to re-release...... Does that mean he doesn't intend to return?"

He also hoped so. If Yoon Jay returns, he will give him his full support. He owes Yoon Jay a debt of gratitude.

He's been overwhelmed since he was a child, so even if his talent fades over time, it's still there.

With the support of Cho Yoo-kyung, who has a firm grip on the media industry, he will be able to work with famous writers and directors right away. If another actor had heard this, they might have said, 'I'm so jealous of Yoon Jae-hee'.

'What should I eat for dinner with the twins?'

But Yoon Jay can't think anything of it.

"He doesn't want to reveal himself, so I didn't talk much with him."

He didn't talk much with him...... Doesn't that mean he's already met him?

Cho Yoo-kyung felt uncomfortable, but the more she pried, the more he would hide, so she pretended not to know.

"Then, let's talk about the re-release. How far did you go?"

"I've already finished the remastering, and I've done all the editing, so there's nothing left to do."

"I know you're good, I trust you......"

Cho Yoo-kyung knows he'll do a good job. Cho Yoo-kyung gave a cursory answer, but all her attention was focused on Yoon Jae-hee.

If he was really fed up with it, he would have told him not to re-release it, but since he agreed, doesn't that mean there's still some hope?

Lee Young-chang shook his head. It was easy to read Cho Yoo-kyung's mind, as they had been working together ever since <Children>, whether through their artwork or as close friends.

"Sunbae, I'll repeat it again......"

"Aren't you also thinking the same thing as me?"

"Yes."

"You stay still. I'll take care of it."

Lee Young-chang sighed. Cho Yoo-kyung was a recognized tycoon in the industry and a decent human being.

But she had a 'high and mighty' mentality.

"Don't you think someone like me could convince him?"

"Sunbae."

Lee Young-chang wants to say, 'He's listening behind you.' And he was someone who would not be affected by power.

In fact, Lee Young-chang also thought his talents were being wasted. The muse that he met again had grown up better than he imagined.

Because of his eye-catching aura, Lee Young-chang has written his next work with Yoon Jay as the model.

But Yoon Jay's expression didn't change even when they mentioned him, as if he'd already moved on from it.

"Don't you feel sorry for him? Such a talented boy just disappeared with a broken heart. You're supposed to help him get back on his feet as if you're paying back the people who made it hard for him?"

"I feel bad, too. It's a shame, but......"

Yoon Jay was looking out the window, embarrassed that she was still talking about him.

'I just need the money.'

He hadn't thought about returning to the entertainment industry with the re-release, and...... He didn't know whether to correct this or not.

***

[JJ, why did it come out already?]

[I rested enough. What's that?]

When I am at home, I keep hearing the kids screaming. Closing his mouth tightly and frowning, Yoon Jay changed into the black uniform symbolizing a firefighter, and went out to the garage.

[Why is the local broadcasting station here?]

[The whole place has been a little depressed lately because of the incident. They want to interview the heroes of the incident to comfort the public.]

[What's a hero......]

A real hero wouldn't have let anyone die. I couldn't help but snicker at the mental clutter.

Oliver felt sympathy for Yoon Jay as he stood up. Because his situation was understandable.

[Looks like someone's on their way to work!]

[Oh, he's......]

The reporter didn't pass by Yoon Jay, who stood out from the crowd both ethnically and physically.

The Captain, who was hurriedly following behind the reporter, looked worried. No, he already told him to rest for a while, why did he go back to work?

[Hello, can I have a quick interview with you?]

Yoon Jay shielded his face with the back of his hand from the broadcast camera. The large, black lens looked like someone's eyes and the mouth of an animal with its mouth wide open.

[Put the camera away, please.]

[What?]

[I couldn't show my face like this.]

He didn't say he wouldn't, he said he couldn't. Yoon Jay covers his face with his hands and hangs his head.

[Ollie! Take JJ with you!]

[Yes, Cap.]

The reporter is dumbfounded as Oliver walks away.

[Did I do something wrong?]

[No, it's not like that. Uhm, he's the one who entered the scene.]

[Ah......]

The reporter, who had been showing signs of discomfort, immediately became solemn.

The incident plunged not only LA but the entire United States into sorrow.

A tragedy at a high school. The SWAT team had yet to arrive. Bleeding and isolated students called 911 from the scene. If the treatment is delayed, their lives are at risk.

After a while of consideration, Yoon Jay and several other firefighters entered secretly.

[......He's the one in the picture.]

The scary and breathtaking confrontation took a long time, which is why there were many photos taken by the media.

An Asian firefighter running out carrying a student was easily noticeable. And even the sight of him looking at a child covered in a white cloth, with nothing but tears streaming down his face.

The scene made headlines in the local media the next day.

Of course, there was the impact of the incident, but it was the very real horror that Yoon Jay was so sensitive to.

Thanks to his father, he is already quite adept at getting used to DSLR cameras, but he still hasn't gotten over his phobia of big broadcast cameras.

Just then, the fire department's loud, vibrating siren sounded.

[Let's go.]

[Are you alright? I think you need to rest......]

Ignoring Oliver's protests, Yoon Jay got into the fire truck.

"......Ah."

The sound of the alarm woke him from his dream. Sitting up, Yoon Jay searched for a headache pill in his drawer and popped it into his mouth.

'I'm going to have a bad day.'

Suddenly, he had an old dream.

 

"Brief me about today's schedule."

"Yes, Vice Chairwoman."

Maybe it's because of this person's influence.

Yoon Jay glanced at the back of Cho Yoo-kyung's head as she was being briefed by the secretary.

After going to Lee Young-chang, Cho Yoo-kyung had been actively traveling to re-release <Children>, and Yoon Jay had to guard her back.

"Vice Chairwoman, it's been a while since you've been this excited, hasn't it?"

"Is <Children> really that good?"

In fact, <Children> seemed like an excuse to have a reunion, but the fact that the Vice Chairwoman personally attended the re-release was new to others.

"Sunbae."

"Kim Juhwan, you gained some weight after becoming a CEO."

The head of the production company and the actor's agency, called Kim Juhwan, smiled. This person also feels familiar. Maybe he was the person that I encountered when I was Yoon Jae-hee.

"Why don't you gather up and do a GV?"

T/N: I'm sorry but I don't know what GV is. Good Vibes??

"GV? I'd love to. Let's talk about our memories. Will we be able to do it with Young-chang -Hyung?"

"If possible, it would be nice if the actor came out and did it."

"Actor? Is Jae-hee coming back? I heard he doesn't have any thoughts of it."

When I go around with Cho Yoo-kyung, the name of the past keeps popping up. This makes me dream about the past.

Yoon Jay looked around silently and figured out fire extinguishers, emergency exits, and locations where a mysterious gunman might hide. It was his habit.

It was a bit late because the staff were moving around. Why did the meeting place happen to be a movie filming location?

"Did you hear about that?"

"Of course. Young-chang -Hyung always waiting for his permission. So, when he suddenly asked me to re-release it, I thought he had contacted him."

"Wouldn’t he come back if I gave him some support? What do you think?"

Kim Juhwan cupped his chin. He was an assistant director at the time and had been close to Yoon Jae-hee during filming.

"Hmm...... That won't work, I'm sure he dropped out of the entertainment industry."

"Is that still the case?"

"Doesn't childhood trauma last a long time? He suffered a lot from the media. I heard he was bullied too...... If it were me, wouldn't it be better if I didn't look this way, right?"

My situation isn't that serious. Yoon Jay made a short comment in his mind.

"Instead, please take care of my kids."

"What?"

Kim Juhwan called out to some actors who were waiting to be filmed.

"Come on, say hello. Vice Chairwoman of KE Group, Cho Yoo-kyung."

"Hello! I'm an actor, my name is Im Siwoo!"

"I'm in my third year of debut......"

Some of the actors were slightly known, while others were newcomers. Cho Yoo-kyung glanced at Kim Juhwan.

"I was wondering why you chose this venue......"

"Sunbae -nim, please take a look at them. Our kids are really good, but we didn't have support......"

"He's the most accomplished."

Cho Yoo-kyung frowned slightly. She doesn't like this kind of request. Kim Juhwan must know that. How desperate he was.

"I think the guy behind me is better."

Cho Yoo-kyung felt a little disappointed, so she was unnecessarily grumpy.

Kim Juhwan and the other actors' gazes turn to Yoon Jay, and Park Chul-woo, who is standing guard next to him, has a mischievous look in his eyes.

'You're being too bold.'

If you do this, then I'm the one who will get caught up for no reason. Yoon Jay held back the sigh that was about to come out on his own.

"The person behind you is......"

"He's my bodyguard, why? Are you uncomfortable?"

"Ah, no. He's famous on the Internet these days."

"Famous?"

"Don't you know, Sunbae -nim?"

Kim Juhwan explained as he searched for a post about a handsome bodyguard on the internet community and showed it to Cho Yoo-kyung.

The actors who were caught in the middle and watching carefully fell back, some of them unnecessarily casting resentful glances at Yoon Jay.

Cho Yoo-kyung and Kim Juhwan were even watching the MyTube direct cam video.

"Look at him holding the fence. He looks like an action actor, doesn't he?"

"Oh."

"You're even better in person."

Kim Juhwan's eyes light up. The CEO's kids are looking at me with his eyes lit up.

"Really? Hmm...... Mr. Park."

Park Chul-woo steps forward when his name is called.

"Yes."

"How about you allow Yoon Jay -ssi to do a camera test?"

"I think his opinion is the more important."

Cho Yoo-kyung and Park Chul-woo looked back at me. Kim Juhwan, the actors, and even the staff who were watching nearby were all staring at me.

'It's difficult......'

Yoon Jay swallowed hard his saliva. He still wasn't sure if he could handle a camera like that.

"I'm afraid it will interfere with the filming."

"It's okay, this movie director is my drinking buddy."

I pull it out and realize that Cho Yoo-kyung is more aggressive than I thought. Yoon Jay stared at Park Chul-woo with an ambiguous expression.

"......Please."

Cho Yoo-kyung is a networker and a tycoon. The more they look good in her eyes, the more work Wings Company will get, and the employees will also be able to receive generous bonuses.

'Hmm......'

Park Chul-woo was a nice guy. He allowed me to sign on as a freelancer after being told I didn't want a full-time job, I always took unexpected vacations to spend time with the twins, and he'd been good at hiding my identity when I've been questioned in various places because of my recognizable face.

'I guess I'll just have to be patient.'

Yoon Jay sighed softly and followed the staff to stand in front of the camera.

"Oh......"

"You look good in cameras too."

There was a brief gasp from the people watching on the monitors, including the head of the movie set, the Director.

"Hey, why don't you take a look at this camera?"

The Director must have mistaken Yoon Jay for a rookie actor. Yoon Jay roughly complied with their request and tried to be as camera-agnostic as possible.

"That's enough."

By the time I realized I was feeling sick to my stomach, Cho Yoo-kyung had permitted me to leave.

Yoon Jay walked off from the camera at a faster pace than usual. Park Chul-woo thanked him and patted him on the shoulder.

"Your complexion is a little pale. Are you sick?"

"......No."

Yoon Jay turned around and glanced at the camera.

'It's better than I thought......'

It was worth it.


***

Satisfied with our translations?

Support SeiRei Translations by tipping on Ko-fi or Patreon.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?