Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Translator Note:

Just wanted to let you know that sometimes I won't translate calls(?) like 'oppa, hyung, eonni, nuna, etc.' and suffixes like '-ssi, -nim, etc.'

So...... Bear with me, please (/▿\ )

Thank You!

***

Chapter 16 – I Just Tried It and It Worked

Director Park Hyun-seung directed Yoon Jay to kill the scene because he thought Yoon Jay, a rookie wouldn't be able to overwhelm Moon Changmin.

But now, the opposite result happened. Director Park Hyun-seung, who was only thinking of bragging about it to Lee Seowon, became calm.

'Changmin Hyung's is a good person, but......'

No matter how simple Moon Changmin is, he has 22 years of acting experience and the pride to be in such a position.

That's why the casting was centered around Moon Changmin, and Director Park Hyun-seung was quite close to Moon Changmin.

'What kind of thing is this......'

An obvious mistake by Moon Changmin. He was pushed aside by the newcomer.

The Director tried to be moderate, but he was the one who directed Yoon Jay to kill the scene. Yoon Jay did a great job as directed.

The staff on the set waited for the Director's mouth to drop. It wasn't the Director who broke the ice, but Yoon Jay.

"......I'm sorry."

Yoon Jay leaned his upper body toward Moon Changmin. He then did the same to the Director's staff.

"I was too greedy because I wanted to stand out."

Even though it wasn't his fault, the frozen atmosphere on the set gradually thawed. The Director seized the opportunity.

"It's alright, you did a great job! You were excellent, but...... Your pace was a little off. Right?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. Let me try again."

The way he apologized, not too much and not too little, made everyone like him.

Park Hyun-seung liked him because he was good at acting, but now he also likes him after confirming his good attitude.

"Well...... Just go and relax first."

Park Hyun-seung sent Yoon Jay outside and approached Moon Changmin, who was still dazed.

"......Director Park."

"Yes, Hyung."

"Are you going to save that scene?"

Of course, Park Hyun-seung going to save it —the scene where the person who wants revenge and the final boss face each other.

Baek Jinri's madness exploded in front of Kim Yeon-seok, the man who bothered him by tampering with his business.

It was enough to make him spontaneously turn his head even though it was filtered through a monitor, so he wondered what it was like for Moon Changmin to see Yoon Jay face-to-face.

"Don't worry about me. If you can't save it, then you should quit being a Director."

Moon Changmin scattered Park Hyun-seung's thoughts. His doubts about whether Baek Jinri was one of his enemies had disappeared.

There's no way that kind of presence is a one-time character. It seems that the purpose is to make viewers more immersed by introducing a completely new face.

Futhermore......

'Is Hyun-seung sad because I did NG?'

Moon Changmin noticed even if the others didn't. If he hadn't made mistakes, they could have given the life performance that others talk about.

It was an embarrassing moment for him to realize that he used to judge other people's first impressions based on their acting skills. He hated rookies who broke his immersion, and now he was doing it.

'He's been considerate of me.'

From Yoon Jay's point of view, if he just stayed still, it would have been sorted out by itself.

But he took the initiative to apologize for his mistake and save his senior's face. There's no way he could have calculated it in such a short time, it's just Yoon Jay's nature.

"Nowadays, rookies can't even make eye contact with their Hyung. It's just that he's exceptional."

Moon Changmin, who admits this frankly, also has a big bowl. Director Park smiles wryly.

"Hyung, I thought you were upset because you've been silent ever since."

"There's no way I'd be offended. He's so good, I've been silent because I was scared."

"It's great of you to admit that."

"I know. I'm great. By the way...... Seowon found a great friend?"

Moon Changmin looked in the direction Yoon Jay had gone. Acting is acting, but I also like his actions.

'I let my guard down.'

If I want to keep up with his acting, I'll have to be more sincere. Moon waved his hand.

"Let me focus."

"Okay."

The Director smirked and retreated backstage. He had a feeling we were going to have a great scene today.

"Huwaa......"

Yoon Jay took a deep breath as he stepped out for some air at the Director's suggestion.

He wanted to tell them to resume filming immediately, but he couldn't control his emotions and needed to calm down.

"Uwaa, wow!"

Han Jin-woo, the manager who followed, continued to express his admiration and gently shook Yoon Jay's shoulder.

"Wow, Hyung. You were crazy earlier, weren't you? Oh my god. I'm completely appalled."

"Don't make too much noise. Because there is Sunbae -nim's manager over there."

"Oh, yes."

Han Jin-woo shut his mouth and looked up to see Yoon Jay's expression.

'Mmm, he's cool.'

While staring at the sky silently, Han Jin-woo thought that he was cool because he was willing to say such words to save Moon Changmin's face.

"Can I get you anything?"

"Some cold water."

"Yes!"

Han Jin-woo ran inside, panting. Left alone, Yoon Jay smiled slightly.

'That was a bit much.'

Emotions that have been harbored for decades are about to be resolved. Now that I've released those emotions...... I'm glad there's nothing to worry about anymore.

Next time, I'd like to get into something where I can shoot right away, and the drama will be fast.

While he was in a small state of joy, someone stood next to him. He turned his head to see if it was Han Jin-woo, but it was a completely new face.

"Hello."

"Yes, hello."

Yoon Jay lowered his head and glanced at his opponent's face. He had memorized the faces of all the staff in <The Garden of Evil>, but this was the first person he had seen.

"I'm sorry, who are you? I don't think I've ever seen your face among the staff."

"Oops, I got caught."

She's dressed in a suit that doesn't match the site, and her pronunciation is slurred. Is she Korean? Come to think of it, the biggest investor in <The Garden of Evil> was Nflix.

'Then, is she the person in charge?'

It's not a bad connection to have. It seems like she has business with me too. Yoon Jay spoke up.

"If you're not comfortable with Korean, you can just speak English."

"That's good, then. You speak English well."

"My home is in the United States."

"Oh, I'm from California, I'm Raina Yang."

"I'm Yoon Jay."

The two of them exchanged a few simple names and made light conversation.

"You're a good actor, I assume you've done some theater?"

"This isn't my first play, but my career is short."

There is <Children>, which was released 21 years ago, and the short-lived drama <All About First Love>, but since there has been no work since then, it is difficult to consider it as a career.

"Don't you wonder what I'm doing?"

"Well, I want to start the next shooting quickly."

If she doesn't reveal herself, why bother asking? Yoon Jay just wanted to get on the set quickly.

We didn't talk much after that. After some small talk about the Korean weather and food, Raina said she would leave and headed to the parking lot.

"Hyung. Here's, some water."

"Thanks."

"Who is that? I heard you spoke English with her."

"I don't know."

Han Jin-woo, who had been watching from behind, exclaimed.

"My hyung, you're already making big-time connections."

"How do you know?"

"Just by looking at her, she doesn't look like an ordinary person. She wears suits and speaks English. Is she a foreign investor?"

"Probably from Nflix. What's the vibe like on set?"

"I think we're about to start shooting again."

I can't wait to get in front of the camera.

Raina Yang, who was in the car, was looking at his back.

'Yoon Jay......'

Aside from his gorgeous appearance, his acting skills overwhelmed Moon Changmin for a moment, but it's impressive. We have an actor to watch.

***

After a brief lull, shooting resumed.

Before the Director signed off, Moon Changmin took Yoon Jay aside and asked him to do the same as before. He'd prepared well, he said, so he wouldn't fall behind.

 

"How are you?"

"If it were you, would you say hello?"

 

Moon Changmin thought that the unpleasant acting from earlier was just a coincidence, but looking at it again, he felt numb again. But it's okay because he prepared in advance. He also showed off his presence.

 

"Why did you do that to me? Why did you do that to me!?"

"Do I have to explain the reason to the ants that I step on while I’m passing by?"

 

It was the Director who laughed at the tension. He wanted a picture like this: A war of nerves between Baek Jinri, who is determined to kill, and Kim Yeon-seok, who fights without losing.

 

Pak!

"Heok......!"

Just as things were coming to a head, Yoo Taehyun, Kim Yeon-seok's assistant, appeared behind Baek Jinri and hit him on the back of the head. This was not in Moon Changmin's script.

 

"Cut! Good!"

"......What."

Yoon Jay, who had realistically faked falling to the side, got up as if nothing had happened.

Only Moon Changmin, who did not understand the meaning, blinked. Why was Baek Jinri being taken down like this?

"Director Park, what is this?!"

"Let's go for the next shot. Jay -ssi! You're not hurt, right?"

Yoon Jay, who was smilingly chatting with the actor playing Yoo Taehyun, gave him a thumbs up. He's got a good body. He's also so handsome. Park Hyun-seung chuckled.

"No, shouldn't you give me an explanation?"

"If I do that, it won't be realistic."

During the shooting of <The Garden of Evil>, Moon Changmin was so immersed in Kim Yeon-seok that he couldn't believe Baek Jinri's meaningless end.

Seeing Moon Changmin's frustration, Yoon Jay thought, I can't believe they even tricked the main character with a plot twist like this. I shouldn’t do another project with Director Park Hyun-seung.

"Now, Jay -ssi. I want you to think of the camera as Kim Yeon-seok's face and act it out again. Make it creepy, okay?"

"Yes."

And Yoon Jay acted again from a different angle.

 

"Hello?"

 

Baek Jin-ri's face flashed across the monitor as Kim Yeon-seok looked at him. The Director immediately covered his mouth with his hand.

'Ugh, I can't breathe.'

Director Park Hyun-seung can see why Moon Changmin avoided eye contact. His handsome face was covered by unpleasantness. Some people turned their heads away as soon as they saw him.

Moon Changmin shrugged his shoulders. See? I said I deserved to be pushed in the previous act.

"......Cut!"

Just like that, Yoon Jay, who had managed to act without NG, walked over.

Some of the staff looked at him in wonder. The unpleasant person on the monitor quickly returned to the actor's body.

"May I see the monitor?"

"Ah, yes."

We all gathered in front of the monitor to check the performance, but something was wrong.

Aside from the uncanny valley itself, there was something...... Strange about it, and as we were all feeling the oddity, someone spoke up.

"Hey, isn't that...... The pupil a little small?"

The sound of that snapped the Director back to focusing on the monitor.

 

(Why are you blaming me? Yeon-seok -ssi, you knew it all and signed it!)

 

Director Park Hyun-seung looked closely at Yoon Jay's face on the screen, and his pupils were different from usual.

"It's really small, isn't it?"

"Jay -ssi, did you intend this?"

His eyes are usually brown and pale, but when we noticed the small pupils, they stood out.

Everyone's gaze fell on Yoon Jay.

 

[I thought you were going to die].

[How are the hostages?]

[They're just exhausted, but there's nothing wrong with their health. Get some more rest, because when you wake up, your world will have changed].

In the past, there was a time when the operation was successful and the hostages were rescued after a long battle. Encouraged by my colleagues, I went into the barracks to wash my face and look in the mirror, and I noticed something strange.

[......What?]

My eyes were strange.

I later learned that pupils shrink when you relax after going through an extreme situation, such as a combat situation.

 

It's something I had in mind when I read the script.

Yoon Jay has an ability unlike any other. Once he experiences something, it doesn't go away, so he can use it later. So, is it possible for him to bring up the emotions he felt at that time?

'The circumstances were just right.'

It was easy to relax, as adrenaline must have been secreted from the fact that he had overcome a chronic phobia and the joy of being able to perform well.

'I need to make a strong impression.'

It's a scene where the face is full of the screen. So, if I don't do it well, it could end up being edited out.

I had already made my presence felt as directed, so I needed to show something new. Then, I would have a little bit more screen time.

So, I just tried to mix it up, and it worked. I didn't realize it until I checked the monitor.

"I just tried it and it worked."

"Wow......"

What kind of rookie acts by using his pupil? Goosebumps broke out on Park Hyun-seung's forearms.


***

Satisfied with our translations?

Support SeiRei Translations by tipping on Ko-fi or Patreon.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?