[Novel] The Great Wish Vol. 4 Chapter 2 Part 3


Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Translator Note: 

I can't promise that I will always update, but I will try to stick to the schedule (updates once a week).

And...... As it was written in bold above, PLEASE DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

I'm sure many of you already know that. Korean Publishers is strict, so...... Again, PLEASE DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

Thank you!

***

Novel The Great Wish Volume 4

Chapter 2 - Scandal

Part 3

Sienna visits the Red Queen's Palace. This is an event that has not happened for a long time. Patricia greeted her very well, but then she reacted so violently to Sienna's words that she dropped the teacup she was holding.

"What did you say? Did I hear wrong?"

Sienna looked at her cup of tea on the table, then she looked at Patricia and repeated what she had just said.

“I will visit the Duchy Bless together with Marquis Lard. We will leave in 4 days, and we will be gone for a month.”

"Silver Queen!"

Patricia clenched her shaking hands into tight fists. She, a person who always controlled her expression carefully for fear of wrinkles, now furrowed her brows.

"Even when I heard those ridiculous rumors, I didn't call you out because I trusted you. But, what is this? You are going with Marquis Lard? No matter how far your relationship with your Mother is, you must not cross the line. Silver Queen, I have said it many times, everything I do is for your sake. This mother of yours would do anything for you. Silver Queen, even if you made a mistake, I would still do it for you!"

Patricia's voice rose even higher. She swallowed hard, then covered her mouth to calm himself.

"This is a different case. Silver Queen, you made your own decision and only now told me —without discussing it with me first."

"Mother."

Sienna's voice was calm, as was her expression. It was a stark contrast to Patricia's anxiety. The striking temperature difference made Patricia confused.

It seems that not long ago, Patricia had been controlling her daughter with various emotions. And who knows since when, her daughter has changed and her mother-daughter relationship has changed. A chill spread across the back of her neck.

"It's been almost a year since my coming-of-age ceremony. I'm no longer a child who needs my parents' permission to go out."

Sienna stood up from her seat.

"I did the polite thing by telling you before leaving."

"You can't go. It won't let you!"

"What if I insist on going?"

"I will stop you."

Patricia became more relaxed than before. She looked at her daughter with a cold smile.

"Then, I'll be at odds with you, Mother. It seems like lately I'm liking people who talk a lot. There's been a lot of talk about our relationship lately, you know."

It was Patricia who averted her gaze first. Her angry expression quickly turned sad.

"What can I do with your stubbornness, Silver Queen? No parent can win over their child."

Sienna also felt the same way, she felt sad. Her heart was no longer melted by her mother's expression like that.

"Just one thing, I had to hear it from your own mouth, Silver Queen. Not Marquis Lard, right? Of course, I don't think so because it doesn't make sense."

"Marquis Lard is the most charming man I have ever met, I like him. I take my leave, I have to meet His Majesty the Emperor."

Sienna turned around when she saw Patricia's widened eyes, but she didn't look back or stop walking when she heard a voice behind her, 'Silver Queen!'

'Mother won't pay attention to her surroundings because she will focus on me and Kuhn's affairs.'

Sienna knew that she couldn't leave room for Patricia to pay attention to anything else. She must make herself the center of all problems. That was the best way to protect the Iron King's wife from her mother's machinations. For now, she would be a shield.

'No matter what I do, Mother can't hurt me.'

Exploiting the scandal. The Silver Queen and Marquis Lard have feelings for each other, but it would be ideal if the people around them saw their relationship as something that could be separated.

I must not let Mother know that my feelings for Marquis Lard are genuine. I have to walk on a thin line. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

Sienna walked into the Palace of the Sun. She informed the Emperor that she was going to the Duchy Bless.

"With Marquis Lard?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Recently, I've been hearing rumors. Are those rumors true?"

Sienna was confused. She had expected that this man would ask about the purpose of her visit to the Duchy Bless, and she had prepared her answer eagerly.

On the other hand, this is not a bad feeling. This was the first personal attention she had ever received from the Emperor. She didn't want to stumble over the right words like she did in front of her Mother.

"The rumors are true."

"Do you know what rumors I'm talking about?"

"......"

"You don't know what rumors I'm talking about, but you're saying they're true?"

The corners of the Emperor's lips twitched. He lowered his gaze back to his newspaper.

"I understand. Take care of yourself."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Silver Queen."

Sienna turned to leave, but then he stopped her.

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"If you need my help regarding those rumors, come to me."

Sienna's eyes widened. Her eyes trembled as she looked at the Emperor, her father who was sitting there with no expression on his face.

After Sienna left, the Emperor chuckled.

"That bastard."

That's crazy. Isn't that outrageous enough? He had held the Silver Queen's heart. Silver Queen is a person who has a cold personality and is not affected by affection between humans. She resembled the Emperor.

Marquis Lard has captured the hearts of the Iron King and Silver Queen. It looked like he had taken over the entire Empire.

The Emperor would not tolerate Marquis Lard if he tried to play tricks on him, but he would not even go to the Sun Palace unless he was summoned.

'Silver Queen and Marquis Lard......'

The Emperor narrowed his eyes in thought.

***

An emergency occurred at the Lard Residence. They only had 5 days to prepare perfectly for a long trip with important guests. It took 3 days to get the White Chip to the Capital docks from its berth elsewhere.

Mason, the General Manager who is usually behind the scenes, took over this task.

"If we don't have enough time, then we have to add people."

Mason checked how much manpower was available in the Residence that could act immediately. After that, he stopped the work in progress that could be postponed and brought in people related to the work. No large project can mobilize so many people at the same time.

Mason organizes the order of work to be done. He gave assignments to hundreds of people. One or two people for simple tasks, and quite a few people for more difficult tasks.

As soon as Mason said, 'Let's get started.' They immediately moved as one unit. There is no fuss because each task is handled by the right person in the right place.

Revan had followed Mason closely and had seen and remembered his mentor's extraordinary orders. Even though he often clashes with his mentor because he doesn't suit his rigid nature, he still respects him sincerely.

The two people sat side by side, agreeing on the reports that kept coming in. After reviewing it first, Revan handed it over to Mason.

"Master."

"Yes."

"I think it's fine if you lead the Lard Clan."

"You say that again."

Initially, he always got angry whenever he heard those words, but now he accepted them calmly.

"Does Kuhn not meet your standards?"

"......"

"So far, Kuhn has done well, and he will continue to do well. Are your thoughts different from mine?"

"......I think so too."

"I'm old now. Old enough to retire. I've done enough and I want to rest comfortably in my final years. At most, another 5 years?"

"If you keep your emotions in check, you will make it through this decade."

"Heyy. You're the only thing I worry about. If you don't lose your temper, you'll live a long time."

"What did I do wrong?"

Revan answered curtly. His eyes continued to read the reports.

"You have to do your duty well so that I can leave with a feeling of relief. I don't mind even if I leave everything to you tomorrow."

"Then, I'll be stabbed in your pocket for a while. A decade?"

T/N: I don't know what 'stabbed in your pocket' means. But when I did research, it seemed to be an idiom for 'someone with good ability and virtue who became a stand-out person'. But, I'm not about that. I'm sorry T_T

Mason clicked his tongue as he looked at his student who didn't say a word after saying those words. His eyes warmed.

"Are you going with Kuhn too?"

"Probably not."

"Why?"

"I have my own reasons for that."

The conversation stopped. After a while, Mason spoke.

"Have you seen her?"

Mason didn't say her name, but Revan knew that Mason's words referred to Crown Princess Sienna, Silver Queen.

"Yes. When I was working as an official......"

"I only brought her tea for a moment. Even though I wanted to talk to her, Kuhn immediately rushed at me like crazy."

Mason chuckled as he recalled the incident.

"She has a strong look in her eyes. She doesn't look like someone who would be easily shaken by wind or rain."

"Did you like her?"

"What do my feelings have to do with her?"

"If Kuhn brings an outside woman with him, you will definitely tear him apart."

"No."

"Is that true?"

"That's Kuhn's life. It's none of my business, and I trust Kuhn."

"Oh, come on, be honest. I know that you've been bribing people to find out about the women Kuhn met after he grew up."

Mason shrugged his shoulders and said, 'He doesn't know about that, right?'

"He doesn't know. If he knew, he would definitely go berserk."

"Hm, hm. I'm glad Kuhn got the right person. Have you heard the rumors?"

"I heard that."

"I think we should prepare for the wedding as soon as the two of them return from the trip. Right?"

"Oh my, Master."

Revan looked at him with a flat face.

"Please leave them alone. Let Kuhn fend for himself. You have such a generous heart for other things, but why are you always so anxious about Kuhn's marriage?"

Mason chuckled and cleared his throat disapprovingly.

"You'll understand once you're old."

"How can you be proud of that? I thought Kuhn would only have unrequited love and then get dumped. After all, he's still him."

T/N: The word 'he' and 'him' here refers to a negative word that can be interpreted as 'bastard'.

"You're insolent! Your speaking habits are bad."

***

The day before White Chip's departure, Kuhn was informed that someone living in the safe house, 'Black House' was looking for him, so Kuhn visited him at night.

The safe house was a small two-story house, where Dyan's maternal uncle, Jeffrey, lived. It was located on the border of West Street and South Street, a place that was not affordable for commoners to live in and was not suitable to be shown to nobles. So, it's a quiet neighborhood.

However, this environment is as strictly guarded as the Palace. The large houses in front of, behind, and on the side of the Black House are the residences of the guards who protect the Black House. Even ordinary citizens passing by were guards disguised as passers-by.

Inside the Black House, it was quiet. There was no one there, except for the middle-aged couple serving Jeffrey.

"He's in the study room."

The middle-aged man greeted Kuhn and told him where Jeffrey was. Kuhn knocked on the study room door, waited a moment, then went inside.

'Still the same.'

Kuhn looked inside and found the interior unchanged. The bookshelves are filled with books. There is not a single painting in this study room, it looks gloomy, and this is a reflection of Jeffrey's dry mind.

The rocking chair that Jeffrey was sitting on near the balcony window swayed. Kuhn walked over to Jeffrey. Jeffrey's gaze turned out to the window. It's dark and nothing can be seen.

"Sir."

Jeffrey turned his head.

"You're here."

"I heard you were looking for me."

Kuhn immediately started the conversation. The last thing Jeffrey needed was a boring greeting.

"Are you leaving for Duchy Bless tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Can I join you?"

"Sir, you mean you want to come?"

During this time, Jeffrey remained silent in the safe house, except for one trip to see the Emperor. It was as if he had locked himself in.

"Am I saying it too late?"

"No, I'll see you in the morning."

"Don't tell Dyan yet, but tell him if he wants to meet me. I don't want to disturb him in the middle of his honeymoon."

"Okay."

Kuhn saw a hint of a smile at the corner of Jeffrey's mouth. The only time where Jeffrey looks like a human is when he talks about Dyan. He would definitely be thrilled if he could be at Dyan's wedding, Kuhn suddenly thought.

"I'm an old man with nothing else to do, so I hear all kinds of gossip from outside. Your scandals have been everywhere lately. Are you going to stay away from it all for a while?"

"The timing is coincidental, but it's not necessarily for that reason."

"Was that scandal part of your plan?"

"No."

Jeffrey's eyebrows knit together.

"Are you saying that you are playing with fire, the Crown Princess?"

"No, Sir. This is not a momentary feeling. And I consider her as my companion."

"Hmph."

Jeffrey took a deep breath.

"I suggest you to think again."

"I will not betray Dyan."

"It's not that. It's just, you should look at her family and parents before you choose a partner. Her grandfather was a lunatic and her father was a man without blood and tears, so what would she learn from them?"

His low tone was filled with darkness. For the first time, Kuhn saw the darkness hidden inside Jeffrey, a man who looked very thin.

"Your words are outrageous. If that's the case, then Dyan is the same."

"He is different."

There was a sad glint in Jeffrey's eyes.

"He's just like his mother. A careless woman who likes to smile."

For a moment, his eyes came to life, then died again. Like someone who woke up from a beautiful dream and came to a sad reality.

"Sir, tomorrow she will come too."

Jeffrey glared at Kuhn.

"If it makes you uncomfortable, I'll make sure you don't run into her."

Jeffrey sighed.

"You're not worried about me, but you're worried that I'll make that person feel uncomfortable, right?"

"......"

"Okay. If someone has to give in, then it's fitting that I, who came later, should be the one to give in. You don't need to worry. If you give me one room, we definitely won't be able to meet."

"......Yes."

On his way back to the Residence, Kuhn wondered what he should do.

'I know that he's not the type to do something suddenly, but......'

Kuhn didn't want to take any chances of harming Sienna, even if it was aimed at her parents, not her.

Upon arrival at the Residence, Kuhn called the Carly brothers.

Martin and Loose sat side by side, then Kuhn said,

"You two will come with me tomorrow."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Martin, someone from the Black House will also be joining us. You have to keep an eye on him. I don't mean to be fussy, but when it comes to him, the fewer people who know about him the better."

"Yes. I understand what you mean."

"I don't think he'll leave his cabin. But if he does, you must tell me immediately."

"Yes."

"You can go out. Tell Balth to come here."

Shortly after the two brothers left, Balth entered.

"Is everything ready?"

"Almost done."

"Please prepare one more cabin, because there are other guests coming. I want a quiet room. Do many things need to be prepared to add one more passenger?"

"No, we have prepared a lot of things. So, it's no problem if we just add one more person."

"Mmm. Thank you."

Kuhn signaled that his business was finished.

"Kuhn, are you going to sleep soon?"

"No. Why?"

"If you want to sleep, I will prepare water for bathing."

"I'm not going to sleep right away, but it would be troublesome to do so later, so just prepare now."

"Kuhn."

"Hm?"

"Do you have a lot of work to do?"

"Not much, but there are a few things I need to take care of before I leave."

"Do you want me to bring some snacks?"

"Just give me some tea."

"Kuhn."

Kuhn took a deep breath.

"What? What's wrong? Just say something if you have something to say."

Balth poured out everything as if he had been waiting for this.

"The world already knows the gossip about her, and then now you are going to travel with her. So, when are you going to marry her? If you let an innocent girl be talked about by others, then you have to take responsibility."

Kuhn placed one hand on his forehead. I wonder why I can't say anything, he thought.

"As soon as possible."

"When is 'As soon as possible'? You have to do it while it's still hot."

"I'll take care of it, so stop talking and get out."

If he left it any longer then things would get worse, so Kuhn kicked Balth out and closed the door.


***

You can read the newly released chapter of [Novel] The Great Wish Vol. 4 on Patreon or Ko-Fi at The SeiRei Wish tiers. Thank you!

***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***

What do you think about this chapter?