Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive.
Thank you for all the patrons Ilmi Sumitro.

Chapter 1 | In Front of Us | Remake our Life!

Part 5

Regular reports have come up on the most important project at Succeedsoft, the education project.

"Last month, we began full-fledged discussions with the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology and have reached the final stage of discussions regarding the areas that we will be responsible for. Specifically, we will be building the core software, creating content for elementary schools and preschools, and producing accompanying instructional books, pamphlets, and other materials. Next, the ones who will be in charge will be..."

It was just the two of us in the room, me and Manager Horii. As a result of the abolition of the old men coming to the room in droves to report on what they were doing, there were many one-on-one debriefing sessions like this.

This was a great success, as it seemed that those who would complain about this and that in a group were less likely to engage in a one-on-one format.

Well, when it comes to Manager Horii, there have been many one-on-one talks like this before.

"The 3rd Development Department will be in charge of core software, and the 4th through 8th will be in charge of grade-specific content. We will have a well-known educator supervise the production of the content to ensure a lean and efficient progression. And as for publication......"

Manager Horii, who was continuing to report, was stopped once by my hand.

"Oh, by the way"

I smirked at him, and suddenly I spoke up.

"Did the former 13th Department guys have anything to say about what happened?"

Manager Horii, with a clearly puzzled look on his face, turned to me,

"Executive Director, I have told you about that matter before. I had absolutely nothing to do with that mass resignation, and in fact—"

"I know. If you were involved in something like that, you wouldn't have launched the education business at full throttle for the sake of a life-saving plea, right?"

At my words, Horii-san made a bitter face,

"If you understand, why would you do something like that..."

"Well, you see, this is retribution. It is easy to understand that you, the former boss, are taking on the responsibility that should have been taken on by Kawasegawa and the others in the 13th department. Right?"

For what it's worth, I know that Horii-san, right here in front of me, is their emotional anchor. There is a possibility that they will eventually come to him for some kind of consultation, and it would not be a waste of time to put pressure on him like this first.

"It seems that you had a long conversation with Manager Hachiya of the Legal Department."

"Yeah. I've been talking about the rights to MysClo and what they're making. I've told them to complain as much as possible and make it difficult."

I laugh and pick up the plan that had arrived from Legal Department.

Perhaps Hashiba and his colleagues hoped to apply what they had gained through the development of MysClo to the new project. However, we could not let them do so easily. We were going to check the materials they already had and try to interfere as much as possible.

"He humiliated me in front of that many people. If I don't take the time to pay him back, I won't be able to get over it. Don't you agree?"

It's not just a personal grudge. As a company, if you get underestimated, that's the end of it.

Especially this time, that B-Craft is behind it. After listening carefully to what they had to say, I realized that the daughter, not the oni Chairman, had taken the initiative, which made it all the more necessary to take the matter more seriously.

(Ichikawa Mika, I'll make sure to pay that person back)

Being in the same industry, in the same class, and from the same national university, she and I have been compared in many ways. Unlike her, who had made a spectacular start in overseas business from the beginning, I was forced to crawl my way up from being a single graduate, and was greatly outmatched from the start.

Just when I thought I had finally made my way up the ladder and was on an equal footing in terms of performance, the transfer drama occurred. If it were only in terms of performance, the loss would not have been so great, but in any case, the image of the company was at its worst. Various media outlets wrote about it, and I was labeled as a "being outwitted," and once again, her reputation was raised.

So at all costs, I can't let those guys succeed.

Horii-san listened to me in silence, but eventually clenched his fists in his lap,

"Can you stop doing this, please?"

"Hmm?"

He had an unusually stern expression.

"The executive director has already achieved enough success. Perhaps the success of the education business that we are currently pursuing will ensure that you will be the next president of Succeedsoft. If that happens, Succeedsoft will officially withdraw from the game business and be recognized both inside and outside the company as a professional software company, which was the executive director's long-cherished wish. Isn't that enough?"

Horii-san said as if he was going to spit it out and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Please, could you not disturbing them any further? We are no longer going to another industry. It is against the executive director's policy for them to stay with this company, so they have gone somewhere else. So, more than this...!"

I listened to him, still and silent. I let him say what he wanted to say without replying a single word. I was doing him a favor by listening to what he had to say.

But.

"You also used to—"

I couldn't help but react to those words.

"You've been talking too much, Horii-kun!"

Horii-san's words stopped. I stood up and threw the words over his head as if looking down on him.

"Until they went to the other place? Then why don't you just shut up, submit your resignation, and leave? But when he made such a big fuss and made big show of it, it was a sign that he has completely turned against us! Am I wrong?"

"T-That's because they needed to make an appeal too......"

"Appeal? By making us look bad? Do you know how much money and time we have invested in those unprincipled and unplanned people called "creators"? But they forgot about that debt of gratitude and appealed to us as if we were the bad guys and they were the righteous ones, so it's only natural that we'd fight back!"

Horii-san fell silent. I brought my face close to his and whispered in his ear.

"Listen, don't you ever give me an opinion about them again, okay? This is no longer an inter-company talk, it's a talk about my own philosophy. I don't listen to anyone, and I especially don't want Horii-san to ...... say anything about it."

With a sigh, Horii-san looked at me. But I did not make eye contact with him and sat back down in my chair again, my back turned to him.

"Enough, get out now."

Horii-san was still standing there. I did not think there was any need for me to speak to him, so I left him standing there.

Eventually, in a squeezing voice,

"...... You have forgotten all about it."

After saying that, he left the room.

After I heard the heavy opening and closing of the door, I remained in the same position with my back turned for a while.

"Who is the one who made me want to forget?"

The words were no longer directed at anyone.


Part 6

For those who work for a company, a lunch break is one of the small pleasures.

Especially when it comes to lunch, which makes up the majority of the day, everyone is often trying to find something to do to soothe. Looking at it from a different standpoint, it may be safe to say that when you can no longer afford lunch, your work is in a very dire situation.

And I, Hashiba Kyoya, am also one of those who seek healing at lunch.

When I can afford it, I go out to eat and explore new stores, and when that is not possible, I at least buy something good to eat on the way to the office.

So when the company changed from Succeed to BCC and we had to start all over again, I wasn't sad about it, in fact, I thought I was looking forward to it more.

But.

I was in such a lunchtime situation and was currently having a very difficult time.

"Um~, I just want to ask you a question."

"What?"

"What is it~?"

Usually at this time of the day, I would be eating my lunch in the common area or going out to look for a place to eat.

But today, I was still at my seat in the development office. It was because I was at a loss, with the lunch box I held in my both hands in front of me.

In front of me are two faces, one slightly pouty and the other smiled heartily.

And to my horror, the lunch boxes in both hands were each made by these two people.

"Well, you know, this is, you know, like, take one home or something ...... Ah, sorry, it's nothing, I'll eat it now, now."

The question was interrupted midway. I felt pressure from the two people in front of me, like saying, "That's not how it is."

(I guess I'll have to eat both to make it settle.)

I sighed heavily.

I recall how it happened. It all started with a casual conversation with Kawasegawa.

"By the way, Hashiba, have you been eating properly lately?"

I was eating prepared bread at my desk when she suddenly called out to me.

"Lately I haven't been able to cook for myself. I haven't been able to make lunch box either."

I used to pay a certain amount of attention to my meals, but due to my recent busy schedule, I have been spending more and more days at home eating ready-made meals or convenience store lunches.

That said, it was only recently, and it wasn't particularly serious.

"That's not good. If you don't change your life, it's going to affect your job."

Kawasegawa responded with a serious look on her face,

"Then I'll make you a lunch box next time."

"Eh, I-I am fine, no need to trouble you."

"You don't need to hold back, I made my portion to begin with, and I thought it was a bit much to make for one person."

"No, but..."

"That's okay. You've been so busy lately, let me at least do this."

The air was strangely difficult to refuse.

I had heard that things had calmed down a bit and that Kawasegawa had begun to spend more time taking care of herself, but I never thought it would turn out that way.

"T-Then, I guess I'll ask you a favor. Sooner or later......"

"Yes, I'll go and make something properly balanced, tomorrow."

"Eh, tomorrow?"

Thus, the lunchbox event, which I had hoped would happen sooner or later when the mood was right, was suddenly scheduled to take place the next day.

"Hmm, what should I do, paying money is not quite right."

On the way home, on the train, I was thinking about how I should repay Kawasegawa for her concern.

To begin with, she is my boss, and I don't want her pushing herself too hard, as I know she has a huge workload on her hands.

No matter how much she says it makes no difference whether she cooks for one or two people, I can't be too spoiled to take her at her word.

Besides, if it turns out that a boss of the opposite sex has been making lunch box lunches for her subordinates every day, it is bound to cause rumors among the other staff members, not to mention Kuroda, who is somewhat aware of the situation.

(What was Kawasegawa thinking ... when she did this?)

I have recently come to understand that she has somehow developed a liking for me.

However, I thought it was merely part of the fact that she was relying on me for work-related matters, and I never thought of it as a romantic relationship. I had never been popular myself, and I thought it was impossible for a beautiful girl like her to like me.

So, I tried to think that this was simply because she was concerned about her subordinate as a boss, and not something special. However, even if I wanted to return the favor, it would be different to pay for lunch, and a gift would also feel different.

As I came back into the house thinking, I noticed someone near the door.

"Ah, welcome back, Hashiba-san."

It was the president ...... who was sweeping at the front door, no, it was the caretaker.

"Thank you for your hard work. I see you were home early today."

"Yes, I had an early morning board meeting at main company headquarters, and then I took a half day off."

Ichikawa-san is not only the president of BCC, but also a board director of B-Craft, the main office. Therefore, she went to work at the main office two days out of the week.

In between, she is doing caretaker work, which is a level of work that I can't even imagine.

"I see you came back late again today. Is development tough after all?"

"No, well, it will take a long time at first."

There is inevitably more work at the beginning, such as introducing tools to tie everyone's work together, greeting outsourcing partners, and developing new business. The first stage of administrative work is the most important.

When I was talking about such a thing,

"Then~ you can't even eat a good meal~"

"Right, at work today, with prepared bread......"

While responding lightly, I noticed that the flow was the same as before.

"Then~, I'll make a lunch box for you next time~!"

"Eh?"

As I swear, I firmly told Ichikawa-san that "Tomorrow is fine, no need to make a lunch box for me."

And yet, Ichikawa-san made a lunch box for me and delivered it to my seat with a smile.

In a panic, I said something like, "I told you it would be all right today," to which Kawasegawa came in with her lunch box in hand, and the scene of this chaotic situation was born.

(If they say this is my fault, I'd indeed like to protest a bit........)

The two lunch boxes lined up looked both very tasty.

Kawasegawa's was more like a health-conscious dish with more vegetables. It contained an egg roll, boiled spinach, boiled broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and a small fry. The rice was topped with shiako (baby sardines) seasoned with soy sauce.

In contrast, Ichikawa-san's dish was more stamina-oriented. A combination of ginger-roasted pork with shredded cabbage, grilled mackerel with meatballs, asazuke pickles, and white rice.

"I've put something well-balanced, so don't hesitate to eat everything, Hashiba."

"I put in what Hashiba-san likes, so please eat as you like ~"

It seems that no matter what I do, I have to eat these two at the same time.

"I-Itadakima~su..."


Part 7

An hour later, in front of me, who was clearly exhausted from overeating, Kuroda was giggling and laughing.

"Don't laugh so much, I was desperate......"

"Well, it's normal to laugh, of all things, getting a homemade lunch box from the boss and the president at the same time, you should start a thread about it somewhere."

Kuroda knows both that Kawasegawa likes me and that the president also somewhat likes me.

He even said that the situation alone was enough to make him laugh himself to death, so this lunch box incident and others must have been at a level that hit a lot of funny bones for him.

"I'm sorry that you've just stuffed your belly with happiness, but I'm going to need you to make sure that today's meeting is a good one."

"I know, as expected, I'll do it properly."

Just as I was saying that, I heard the door to the conference room open. I and Kuroda turned around at the same time and saw a man with an embarrassed look on his face, scratching his head.

"Sorry I'm late, I was just finishing up a manuscript before I came out."

Kawagoe Kyoichi ...... No, Rokuonji Tsurayuki took a seat, showing a pose of worship with one hand.

"I see, you said the first draft of the new book is about to be published. Good job."

"Yeah, well, that's settled down, so now I can concentrate on this one."

His tone was relaxed, and his expression was as if he returned to his senses.

"So Kyouya. Where should we start?"

"Yeah, then I'll put out the slides, so please wait a moment."

All three of us talk as if we were old friends.

But of course, it is only recently that things have turned out this way between me and Nukiyuki. Originally, I had called him "Kawagoe-sensei," but after the transfer commotion, he requested that I address him casually and call him by his first name.

At first I was obviously confused. He is a person whom I respected and read his books for a long time. No matter how much respect he received from me in terms of work at the same age, there is no way I would be able to speak to him so casually so soon. The exchange had been awkward for about two weeks.

But after passing that point, for some reason, it suddenly became easy, and the way we called each other became clear. Perhaps we simply got used to it, but it was a strange feeling for both of us.

『I feel like we've been calling each other like this for a long time.』

I agreed with his words.

Anyway, we began to act as if we were classmates.

"......So now we have two main options. We can either make it while taking advantage of the settings we had from MysClo, or we can make a completely new one."

While displaying a slide, I pointed to the letters projected on it and said.

Originally, when we were working on MysClo, fortunately or unfortunately, the progress of the scenario itself was not that good. Therefore, if we talk only about the scenario itself, we could say that rewriting a new scenario itself was not so bad.

But of course, a scenario cannot be written from scratch. It is difficult to proceed with the writing of the main script until both the setting, which is based on a vast amount of data, and the plot, which is planned from there, have been finalized.

The settings and plots created during the production of MysClo are, of course, copyrighted by Succeedsoft. This is because they were purchased at the time of the initial contract, and Tsurayuki has no right to free them.

However, there is a loophole. "If we do not transcribe it as it is", we are not considered to have used it, so if we carefully rearrange words and details, we may be able to use it.

The question was whether or not Tsurayuki would approve of it.

"Indeed, the initial setup of MysClo is already complete. If we could use that one in a reconfiguration, it would save a lot of time, but..."

Tsurayuki crossed his arms, closed his eyes, and began to think.

Frankly speaking, if one were to consider merely the progression of the project, a diverted course seemed reasonable. However, MysClo settings were created by Tsurayuki after many unreasonable retakes and adjustments, and apart from the third-party evaluation, he was not completely satisfied with them.

[Hey, Hashiba.]

Right next to me, using a chat tool on his laptop, Kuroda spoke to me. The fact that he sent me text information probably means that it was something he did not want Tsurayuki to hear.

[Honestly, wouldn't it be tough to start from scratch here?]

I nodded at the question.

What Tsurayuki created was unquestionably wonderful. I remember being amazed by it many times during the production of MysClo.

But on the other hand, it still took a lot of time to come out, and it was easy to predict that if this became another planning discussion, it would surely take time.

"Kyoya, I have a favor to ask you."

Tsurayuki opened his eyes and unfolded his arms.

But he did not say anything else from there. Was he still hesitant, or was he reluctant to say anything out of concern for us? Whatever the case, it was clear that he was hesitating.

I took a moment to make a choice in my mind, then opened my mouth.

"This time, you want to rebuild it from the setup ...... That's what you want to do, right?"

For a moment, the expression on Kuroda's face, right next to me, was tense.

"Hashiba, you......"

He looked at me as if to say, "You're the one who said that," but I remained staring straight into Tsurayuki's face.

"I had been preparing for this, thinking that it would probably happen. It's going to be a tough production, so let's do our best together."

When I said so, Tsurayuki stood up vigorously from his chair,

"I see! Thank you, Kyoya! I'm glad you said that!"

Compared to Tsurayuki, who was full of joy, Kuroda was half astonished.

"A~ah, seriously. Even though the writer who broke the deadline got a stopper, I didn't expect him to be in the group that supports the writer who broke the deadline."

"Ha, don't say that, Kuroda, I've got an OK so pleasantly, I'll make sure I write a good one!"

After saying that, Tsurayuki went around to Kuroda's side and happily patted him on the back..

I watched them with a smile, but at the same time I was worried.

(I could give him a good send off for now, but... it will be full of troubles.)

I know that Tsurayuki's scenario is slow progressing. Therefore, we needed to discuss the proposal to "go with a new setting".

But in any case, when we tried to reject the idea, Tsurayuki's character was sure to persist in pushing for a new idea. Rather than wasting two or three weeks on this discussion, it would be easier for us to work together in the future if we just accepted the proposal with a good feeling......or so that was my thought.

However, as long as we decided to go with a new one, we had to create something more interesting than the old MysClo setting. Although he is happy now, there will surely come a moment when Tsurayuki will get stuck, and countermeasures against it must be considered.

(It's a challenge to see if we can make it work.)

I myself had to take on a new major challenge.

"Alright, then, once we've decided that, let's brainstorm! Kuroda and Kyoya, hang out with me for a bit."

"Fine, but do you have any good ideas?"

"I have a time story I've been meaning to do for a while, so..."

As if students were talking to each other, a meeting to come up with new material began immediately. Basically, Kuroda was in charge of listening, and I was in charge of writing out the content.

(It's so heated...... It's interesting just listening to it)

It's a talk of a writer I admired and a director of a manufacturer I admired. In the first place, it is a precious thing that I could not even hear in the first place.

I am sure that when they were students, they must have talked with each other much more heatedly. I was very envious of that.

But now I am able to listen and participate in the discussions as a participant. I felt that happiness once again.

The three of us are still coming up with ideas,

"Good morning~, everyone is so lively, what's wrong?"

The door opened and a second main staff member appeared.

"Oh, Shinoaki, we were just talking about a new work. Do you want to join us."

"You're in a good mood, Tsurayuki-kun. I have some work to do, so I'll be leaving soon~"

She put her bag down a short distance away and smiled at me.

"Hashiba-san, good morning. You look fine."

"Ah, Akishima-san, good morning."

When she bowed her head, Tsurayuki saw it and started laughing.

"Somehow, looking back on it now, it feels really strange, that response."

"Eh? Because, isn't you doing the same thing, Tsurayuki-kun?"

Tsurayuki grinned as he looked at me,

"You're wrong~. Me and Kyoya are already talking to each other in a casual way. Right?"

"Y-Yes. That's what Tsurayuki told me."

At my words, Akishima-san's eyes widened,

"Really~? That's great!"

"E-Eeh?"

An unexpected response came from her.

"Because, it seems like it's really easy to communicate. Hey, Hashiba-san, can't we do it like that, too?"

"Eh, you mean......talking casually?"

Akishima-san smiled and nodded vigorously.

"I-I can't, that's impossible!"

It took me a while to get used to it even when I was working with Nukiyuki, or rather, I felt that it was nice but rude to speak to a creator whom I respected so much as to speak to them as if they were my friends.

It is even tougher when it comes to Akishima-san. Because she is the one who saved my life--.

The moment I prepared my words to decline it,

"Then I'll call you Kyoya-kun, and you can call me Shinoaki. That's my real name."

She is one step ahead of me, and she had decided what to call me.

"Haha, that's nice. I imagine you've been calling each other like that for a while now, yeah."

"I know, right~? I don't feel any discomfort at all either~"

Leaving me stunned, the two of them seemed to have completely decided what they wanted to call me.

"...Hashiba, I understand your confusion, but those guys won't move once they decide to do so."

Kuroda tapped me on the shoulder like he understood.

"Even among the members of Geidai, the three of them from the share house group are amazing, their unity is amazing."

"Share house group?"

"Yeah, there is a share house called Kitayama. Tsurayuki and Shinoaki are members there."

"Heeh..."

Shinoaki, a.k.a. Akishima Shino, and Tsurayuki were still happily chatting with each other. The content of their conversation seemed to be about their college days, but of course, I could not understand a single thing they were talking about.

(Share house group, huh?)

I was envious of them just being classmates at the same university, but it seemed there was still a solid group on top of that.

"Areh? Speaking of which, Kuroda, three people you just said now"

I was about to ask about the other member of the share house group.

"Areh, by the way, is Nanako coming today? Isn't it about time?"

Tsurayuki said as he looked at the clock on his smartphone,

"Yeah, she said she might be a little late, but I guess she will be here soon."

Shinoaki also said in agreement.

"Eh, is she coming today too? She said she'd just send me the file and leave the rest to me since she's busy preparing for the concert."

When Kuroda responded in surprise,

"Figures, but I heard that she wants to say hello to new people so she will be making time for today, Kyoya."

Tsurayuki's gaze turned to me.

"Nanako......?"

When they told me the name, I didn't know who they were talking about.

"Well, it's about her, she might say she's coming, but then cancel it! Even after becoming a big star, she still acts randomly...Gaha!"

Suddenly, a small stuffed animal hit Tsurayuki in the face. Just as I was startled, a loud voice followed right after it.

"Hey Tsurayuki! Don't say such an inappropriate thing in front of a newcomer! It's not like I'm skipping out because I like it..."

A slightly taller woman entered the room. She had brown hair in a ponytail and sunglasses with large lenses that had a heart symbol on the vines. Her clothes were ...... flashy and revealing.

(Eh, w-who?)

I was puzzled by the sudden intruder. She looked at me,

"Ah, I found you!!"

Suddenly she said so and ran up to me,

"Hashiba Kyoya-san, right?"

"Y-Yes, who are ... Ah."

When I was about to say it, I realized that the voice sounded all too familiar.

"That face, it looks like you got it~"

After saying that, the woman quickly took off her sunglasses and smiled.

"Nice to meet you, I'm N@NA! I hope you will continue to support in this new work as you did in the previous one~!"

"E-EEEEH?!"

I doubted my ears for quite a long time, not for a moment.

The woman in front of me did indeed call herself N@NA. Or rather, her voice was exactly as I had heard it in various media.


(N@NA is ... right in front of me. Looking at me.)

I was too stunned by what had just happened to utter a word. Because, you know? If it weren't for the company, I would have been even more confused to find out that the person I had been watching and listening to all my life through the media was right there.

But this is an office, and I am at work. Desperately trying to catch my consciousness that was about to go somewhere, I introduced myself briefly.

"H-Hello...I'm Hashiba Kyoya."

N@NA-san gave a pleasant smile and said,

"Now! So, Tsurayuki, do you have any complaints about me!?"

Then she turned around and began to talk about this and that to Tsurayuki, who took first strike. The atmosphere there was like a college reunion.

(Did these three people live in a share house?)

It was hard to even imagine that three absolutely well-known creators were living and creating under one roof.

If I had accidentally joined one of them or something, I would have moved out secretly without being able to do anything. Just thinking about the situation made me dizzy.

The author of the novel, who I had read voraciously, holds his face and complains, while beside him, the illustrator, who I had followed her illustrations for a long time, smiles happily.

And right in front of me, an artist who I had been seeing live and listening to songs over and over again on repeat, pointed at them and laughed.

The scene was somewhat dreamlike and unrealistic.


Part 8

"Once again, I'm N@NA. This time I will be in charge of the theme song, ending theme and BGM. I look forward to working with you."

N@NA-san greeted me with an unexpectedly polite gesture.

"Y-Yes, it's my pleasure..."

Of course I was surprised when I first saw Tsurayuki and Shinoaki, but with N@NA, I was even more surprised.

After all, she is an entertainer. In addition to singing theme songs for anime and video games, she also does voice acting and has appeared on numerous TV programs. There are even rumors that she will soon make her first appearance on a national singing show at the end of the year.

Such a person is smiling happily in front of me. It is an unbelievable event.

"Kyoya, don't be nervous. She's just a yankee lady inside-gofaa!"

As soon as Tsurayuki said that, and a punch was hurled at him from the side.

"You're so annoying! You're the one who says unnecessary things and ruins my image!"

When I was stunned by the sudden attack, N@NA-san immediately turned to me,

"A-Ahaha... You know, when you meet up with old friends, you can't help it, right?"

She laughed to cover it up and looked at Shinoaki,

"Hasn't it been a long time since we last met, Shinoaki? Wasn't the last time we met at an event."

"Yes~. Nanako-chan came to the waiting room and that was it~"

Leaving Tsurayuki alone, who was holding his cheek, the two began to talk happily together.

(I've heard rumors, but they're really good friends.)

The three representatives of the platinum generation are actually very close in their private lives and have a strong friendship with each other. However, they do not show it openly. Such rumors have been circulating on the Internet for some time.

"Well, it's like this. No matter what happens, the three of them here will never be separated. You can understand that, can't you?"

Kuroda shrugged his shoulders. I nodded and looked at the three of them again.

They are somewhat like students joking around with each other, but they are definitely one of the best creators in Japan today.

I could only watch them in silence, as if the event had taken place in some dream.


Part 9

After reviewing their upcoming schedules and scheduling their respective next meetings, they each left for their next tasks and appointments.

I, Kuroda, Kawasegawa, the three of us decided to talk about our future as a development department.

"So we had to rebuild it from settings."

"I'm sorry, I know it's hard."

"No, I think I would have done the same. I put Tsurayuki through a lot of hardship."

Kawasegawa seemed to agree with my decision.

"But the reality is that we have a scheduling problem. BCC is a start-up company, and we can't afford to be so relaxed."

Kuroda's words weigh heavily.

President Ichikawa told us to strictly adhere to the schedule. Although it would have taken two years for a major production, we were told to complete the project in one year.

"In exchange, I won't complain about the content, and everything can be decided by the development."

Kawasegawa sighed.

"I think it's the right decision. Considering all the attention that has been drawn to the project after the recent controversy, and the fact that it is on the verge of losing enthusiasm, it would be effective to pack it in a year and sell it, and the suggestion to leave everything to them in exchange is also reasonable."

I nodded my head. I thought that Ichikawa-san, as president of the company, was indeed watching things very carefully.

"If you consider that it will be a year before the release of the product, it will actually be nine months, counting the time for debugging and checking, so the first three months are the key to getting Platinum to work hard."

"Yes, and I think the rest will be put together in-house."

It is easy to put into words, but it must be quite difficult to actually do it.

The new settings and plots to be created, the characters and art design to be created along with them, and the music to be added. The difficulty of creating a new setting, plot, characters, art design, and music is completely different from that of taking over an existing original, as was the case with MysClo.

"Well, if we're going to go through the same hardships, these restrictions are certainly better than the ones we had. Let's do it right."

With a grin, Kuroda said.

A restriction from the higher ups that must have been quite a challenge when we were in Succeed. The fact that this is no longer the case is probably much bigger than I thought.

"Yeah, let's do it."

I nodded deeply and agreed with him.

"I'm looking forward to working with you both. Let's do what we couldn't do at the previous company."

Kawasegawa also made a strong declaration.

The staff was ready, and the creators were willing to do what it takes.

(Finally, the best stage ... I could get.)

It reminds me of Tsurayuki and his friends, or rather, Kawagoe Kyoichi and his friends.

The very existence that I admired so much was now all but a reality in front of me.

Together with these three people, we would create a game. I was once again in awe of what that meant and how amazing it was.

(Somehow, I want to make it work. I'm willing to bet everything I've got on it)

Remembering that joyful yet trembling atmosphere, I clenched my fists tightly.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next