Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive.
Thank you for all the patrons Ilmi Sumitro, eduardo diaz, Erik Hartleben and Andres Ulloa.

Chapter 3 | Everyday Life in Unexpected Places is | Remake our Life! ◄◄


Part 1

There is something uncomfortable about meeting rooms in large offices. They are usually blank rooms covered with large glass walls, with unnecessarily large long desks, and air conditioning that is either ineffective or over-effective, and there is nothing that is just right.

I think it would be better to limit such places to "Yes, we did it" type meetings that call for a large number of people with an emphasis on formality.

However, every meeting between me and Kawagoe Kyoichi took place in such a place. In a spacious conference room, with a subtle distance between us, I, Sakurai-san, and Kawagoe Kyoichi faced each other for a long time.

(I'd appreciate a place that's a little closer, though.)

However, as long as sensei himself does not say he doesn't like it, it is difficult for us to make a suggestion to change the location. So, the meetings have been held in this conference room. (Note: In Japan, sensei means more than "teacher" and can be used for all kinds of professionals and artists)

"Okay, let's move on to the next page."

A screen projected from a tablet PC onto a monitor using a cable displayed the text strings.

Surprisingly, Kawagoe had come up with a scenario as soon as possible. Although it was not that much in terms of text volume, it was a very good thing from the overall perspective of the MysClo project, even if it was just to get the stalled progress moving.

And today, we were in the process of checking it with the author himself. As the scenario was shown on the screen, the checks were made for any corrections that needed to be made. The checking process proceeded smoothly, but firmly.

"This is episode 5 of Character A's past. Here, the explanation at the beginning is a bit lacking, so I would like you to add a word at the beginning to indicate the purpose. I think it would be fine to add the word, rather than changing the line itself. Next, episode 6, this one is--"

As I was explaining, my gaze followed Kawagoe Kyoichi's behavior the whole time.

His expression was as wistful as ever, but his eyes were serious as he looked at the documents, and there was no sign of elbows propped up on the desk or yawns.

(As expected, the power is very different)

He didn't speak particularly much, but he still occasionally raised questions that were pertinent to the discussion of progress. His tone was quiet without being contentious, and frankly, I would say that he was very easy to work with and responsive.

But he never wasted any words or made light jokes. He said only what was necessary, even if he could have joked around a little.

"Kawagoe-sensei, is he still angry after all?"

After the meeting was over, Sakurai-san, who acted as secretary, was the first to ask me this, and it seemed that the discussion was really only about work.

After the meeting was over, we asked Kuroda. We said "This is how it looked at the meeting, what do you think?".

"Ah, don't worry too much about it. Or rather, no need to worry about it at all."

He laughed gleefully and repeated that we don't have to worry about it.

"It's always common for him to be unfriendly, and if you were able to talk to him about the job, that's just a sign that he approves of you."

"Is that so... I feel like I was forced to be nervous all the time."

"Because he approves you. That guy when he does his job, he's always been like that. Whether it's a colleague or not, he'll step in without compromise."

I was a little relieved to hear that. If that attitude shows that he takes his job seriously, then it means that my actions were not a mistake.

"Is that the way he interacts... with Kuroda?"

When I asked, Kuroda tilted his head slightly.

"Hmm, I wonder. I think he might joke around a little more when he's with me. Although he looks like that, he loves to tease his peers."

"So he's the kind of person who does that."

From the condition of him, I can't imagine it, though.

"Kawagoe...... Yeah, we call him by his real name, because Tsurayuki's friendship or bond with his peers is insanely strong."

"Osaka University of Arts, isn't it?"

Yeah, Kuroda replied and nodded.

"It was a very special place. It was deep in the mountains, not in the name of Osaka, but it was a good place with good facilities, interesting teachers, and a place where you could devote yourself to creative work. There was something about having spent several years there together, including those who quit halfway through the course of the program."

I wondered if it was something like that. To be honest, there was nothing that really came to mind.

The university that Hayakawa and I graduated from in Kansai was, for better or worse, an ordinary university. It was neither high nor low level, well-known in the Kansai region, but only moderately so nationwide in terms of the number of students, and there was nothing noteworthy about it.

So, just because we spent time there, it didn't mean that we had a particular attachment to that place afterwards. Although I have a close friendship with Hayakawa, it was mainly through outside school activities, not so much inside school.

(Osaka University of Arts......huh?)

If I had gone on to that university when I received that acceptance letter.

I would be in the same class as Kuroda, Kawasegawa, and the other members of the platinum generation.

I don't know if that was good or bad, but something more than the current relationship must have been there.

"Well, he's not the kind of guy who discriminates against people at work, so I'm sure he'll go along with someone like Hashiba who tries his hardest without giving up. Don't worry."

I nodded again at Kuroda's words.

There is nothing I can do now to remake the college story of the past. Because time is irreversible and fate can only say that it was so.


Part 2

In the morning, when I go out, I want to buy enoki mushrooms because I want to eat grilled with foil today~ Don't you think so? So, in that flow, I go to the office and go to the supermarket after it's over. You look at the sales floor, don't you? Then I saw that shimeji mushrooms were cheap and looked delicious, so I didn't hesitate to buy them, and when I went home, I saw the shimeji mushrooms I had bought and remembered, "Ah, enoki mushrooms". Don't you think that this kind of thing also exists in human relationships, Kyouya-san?"

"It's Hashiba. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about."

"Uwh~~~~~Awful, please understand~~~"

"I mean, Ichikawa-san, are you all right? Your face shows considerable alcohol consumption."

A few minutes walk from Yurigaoka Station is a small izakaya. For some reason, I was sitting side by side with Ichikawa-san, drinking sake with her.

"It's aw~ right, I am completely faine."

Ichikawa-san smiles as she turns her completely red face toward me. It's been a long time since I've heard such a seemingly not-so-okay "okay" response.

It just so happened that we met in front of the station on our way home from work, and that's how today's drinking session started. While standing around talking, I thanked her for the vegetables she had given me, and then the conversation turned to buying her a drink.

But I never expected her to be so flamboyantly intoxicated.

"In the morning, people are so obsessed with Enoki, but at night, they are already attracted to Shimeji, humans are so heartless~"

I think it's normal and common, but I don't know if it makes people heartless.

"Well, I guess it wasn't the right time to eat the enoki mushrooms."

When I reply appropriately,

"Ah, that's a nice way to slip through, isn't it. Nfufu, Kyouya-san knows the adult way of dodging very well~"

I feel like she is becoming a bad drunk. I had already given up on trying to stop the name-calling.

"That means~, I wasn't destined to meet Enoki, right~?"

"You took it to a very exaggerated point."

Not many gourmet manga would use the word "fate" to describe an encounter with an ingredient.

"Hey, Kyouya-san, do you believe in fate~?"

What kind of question is this in this flow?

"Who knows, I wonder..."

I answered in a crude way, but if you ask me, I feel that my recent life has been truly at the mercy of fate.

If fate is a series of mysterious coincidences that lead to reality, then the reality that I am experiencing now may be called just such a coincidence. I happened to meet a girl in Shinjuku who led me to a company that I had longed to work for until just a short time ago, and now I am working there. I guess you could say that it was fate that has guided me there.


But that kind of guidance is not always a good thing. It may also be fate that the executive director is getting in the way at every turn and trying to ruin what we have all built together. I haven't come to a conclusion yet, but I still can't see if this story will be happy or bad.

Generally speaking, it is,

"Well, I believe in... fate, I think."

It was my honest impression.

"Fu~hn, I see."

Ichikawa-san was smiling and listening to my answer. She neither denied nor affirmed my answer.

"Why did you ask that?"

"Hmm?"

As a topic of conversation, it was somewhat abrupt. Because until a few minutes ago, the topic was local and within a few meters' radius, such as a dispute over whether to get enoki mushrooms or shimeji mushrooms, or a story about a drama series I've been following recently, or a ramen shop in front of the station, but now it suddenly went into something like a world mystery, so it was natural that I was curious about the reason.

"I just thought that Hashiba-san had a ve~ry hea~vy mood ~, I just thought that maybe you were at the mercy of fate."

Did I give that heavy expression?

"I'm sorry about that ... Well, a lot has happened."

"It's okay. Onee-san doesn't mind that kind of thing."

I felt kind of grateful for that.

With the guys in the company, the topics of drinking inevitably become more specific. Now, if I go out for a drink with the guys in the 2nd department, we will talk about MysClo, and in the 13th department, we will discuss GRAPE or complain about the executive director.

However, the only thing I have in common with Ichikawa's is the apartment. The less we have in common, the less we have to worry about each other.

"Do you believe in fate, Ichikawa-san?"

I asked the question back.

I thought Ichikawa-san must surely be a fate believer since she even asked me that, but I was wrong.

"I don't believe in fate."

For some reason, it was the only part of her tone that was clear and without a hint of drunkenness.

"Areh, is that so?"

It was an unexpected answer.

"Because, it's boring, isn't it? If everything is predetermined from the beginning, good and bad, it's not worth living. Life is interesting because you can change it however you want."

The cup of sake, which had been stirring in her hand, she gulp it down in one go,

"When things don't go well, it's tempting to blame something inexplicably big, but that doesn't solve anything. Because if we conclude that our efforts don't lead to results, then we won't be motivated to try harder the next time, right."

"That's, right."

I was remembering.

I remember the time when I was accepted to two universities, one an art university and the other a normal university, and I had to decide which one to choose. That was probably the moment when my fate was set in stone. If I had kicked those worries about whether someone like me would be able to make it and how I would find a job, and had gone out to grab hold of it. I might have found something beyond my grasp.

It was indeed a cowardly talk to bring up the word "fate" as an excuse for not having the courage or making up one's mind.

"Ah, I'm sorry Kyouya-san, don't worry about it, onee-san said a lot of random things, do you want to continue the story of the enoki and shimeji mushrooms?"

"No, thank you."

"Uwh~~~~~~"

She was complaining and throwing a tantrum, it kinda ruined her coolness.

But I'm sure I learned a great deal from the total experience, so for once I decided not to deny her calling me by name.


Part 3

I am now carrying Ichikawa-san, who has just impressed me so much, home on my shoulders.

"...I'm sorry~ I may have drunk a little too much~"

"It's not a maybe, it's a certainty, Ichikawa-san."

She seemed to have zero tolerance for the amount she drank. Kawasegawa also has a similar tendency, but it seems to me that women who are usually firm have too high a rate of becoming wasted when they drink.

"It's been a long time since I've had a drink, and I'm having fun~. I got carried away"

"Don't you usually go out drinking with people from your company?"

Ichikawa-san works both as a caretaker and as a company employee. So, in the normal course of events, she should be able to go out for drinks with her colleagues at work.

"Not at all! Going out for a drink can be difficult and complicated, so I don't really like going out for drinks with people from the company~"

"Was that so?"

I don't know the circumstances at all, but maybe she has a boss she doesn't like. And maybe he keeps inviting her out for drinks. I can only imagine, though.

"Anyway, we're almost home, so just to the entrance, okay?"

I thought it would be fine if I left her at the front door,

"No! I'll at least make you some tea, since you brought me home properly! I'll raise your rent if you leave silently!"

That's plainly troublesome.

"Okay, I'll leave as soon as I've had my tea, okay?"

I heard a voice from beside me carrying her, saying, "Unn, unn". She was probably drunk, but I could feel her body heat directly and she was very warm. Or rather, this is,

(This... If I'm conscious of her, that would be not so good)

Her breath has been tickling my neck since a while ago, she smells really good, and she has enough charms to take away my reason.

While I kept saying that don't pay attention to it, and that this was also for the rent, I finally managed to bring Ichikawa-san back home.

"Please sit there~. I'm going to go change my clothes~."

I was shown into the living room and instructed to sit on a cushion by the bed. Ichikawa-san then grabbed something that looked like a lump of clothes and left me to go to the next room.

(I can't calm down...)

The door to the room was left open. I could have stood up and closed it, but I couldn't because it was contrary to what I was told to keep sitting down.

But from behind the open door, I could hear the sound of changing clothes. I was worried about that, and it was one of the reasons why I couldn't calm down.

I was completely sober. On the contrary, I had been hit by the body heat and smells that I had felt so vividly earlier, and I was in a bit of a daze.

I repeat, Ichikawa-san is a lovely person.

Although she is only one year older than me, she looks and acts so young that I don't feel that way, and on top of that, she is very open-minded, etto, it's that, she is overflowing with motherhood.

"In times like this, it's hard to tell where to look............ Isn't it?"

To whom am I making excuses to, I mumble something like that.

It's not in my taste to stare too closely at other people's rooms, but I can't keep my eyes closed all the time, so some things naturally catch my eye.

I had the impression that the room was generally cute, or rather, that it was a room with gentle colors similar to the person in question, although it was not well decorated.

But what caught my eye more than that,

"She's reading a difficult book."

It was a bookshelf with quite a few books. From business books to novels, a variety of books were lined up without focusing on any particular genre.

I turned my eyes to the side and saw a row of DVDs of conversation books, probably as part of learning German, for example. Next to the bookshelf is a small TV, and next to it, soft, brownish hair and pink skin can be seen,

"Seen...?"

It was the appearance of Ichikawa-san, who was crouched down with the front of her blouse hanging open.

"Wah, wai, uhm, Ichikawa-san!"

I didn't notice it because I didn't hear any sound, but I saw Ichikawa-san behind the door that had been left open. She seemed to be trying to get something out of her pouch, but she was in the middle of getting dressed, and her blouse was open, exposing her skin to the fullest.

I really, really didn't intend to see it, but I got a solid confirmation about the firmly voluptuous breasts and the smooth skin, even if I didn't want to.

"Fueh? Hmm?"

The person in question seemed to have somehow not yet grasped the situation,

"U-Uhm... So that, your clothes."

When I pointed it out clearly,

"Ahaha, I didn't notice the door was open ~"

She laughed and went to the back of the next room again as if nothing had happened. Maybe she was still drunk and her senses were dulled.

(... I hope I forgot about this.)

It would be nice if it could happen conveniently, but people usually remember these things well and suddenly mention it later. I know that kind of thing well.

I wonder if it is fate to get such lucky pervert situation. At least I am not trying to grab it myself...


Part 4

I have become quite accustomed to working in the 2nd Development Department. The relationships that I had initially thought would quickly come to a standstill have become perfectly fine as I work and become accustomed to the work.

"Sakurai~E8 event design, can I get some help?"

"Ah, yes! It's okay Kuro-san!"

"Come over here and bring me the documents. Also, I've put the data in a shared place."

I was particularly pleased that Kuroda and Sakurai-san got along better than I had expected. I was worried about the compatibility between the eccentric and craftsman-like Kuroda and the energetic and straightforward Sakurai-san, but when I opened the door, it turned out to be a great success, and I was glad to have them on board.

Frankly, I can handle being sent to most places on my own. I've been in a lot of trouble at black companies, so as long as I get paid, I can stand it, and also because I can speak up and try to change things.

But Sakurai-san was different. Although she had the strength to endure working in the 13th department, it was unknown how she would fare in a completely different environment.

I think it's great that she's adapting properly and doing her job well.

"On the other hand, I haven't found a clue yet, huh..."

In contrast, we were unable to find any breakthroughs regarding Project Grape and the future of the 13th Department. The more I tried to come up with ideas, the more they were lost in the shuffle. The busyness of my daily work was also gradually pushing the 13th Department out of my mind.

(No good, this isn't right)

Shaking my head, I composed myself. Because that was exactly what the executive director had in mind.

Let's tackle the work of the 2nd Development Department properly, and on top of that, let's firmly consider the 13th Department. Above all, Sakurai-san's hard work is encouraging us to do so.

"Well, I hope Kuroda is pulling her off properly."

I was a bit surprised when we first met, but once we started hanging out normally, I understood why Kawasegawa was so heavily involved.

"That's a mistake. I'm more indebted to her than you are. She comes up with good ideas and has the ability to organize them well."

"Whoa!"

Suddenly, I was surprised when the person in question spoke to me from behind. Did he hear me? Good grief.

"That's why you want to do something about it, Project Grape, right."

"Yes... Really."

"I think it's interesting. I'm really getting the feeling that the top brass are idiots, sheesh."

I had told Kuroda everything that had happened in the 13th department. I thought that we would be working together more often in the future, including with MysClo, so I told him without concealment.

"Oh, yeah, you had a guest, Hashiba. That's what I came to tell you."

"Guest?"

"It's a media interview, mentioning your name. Well, just deal with them as you see fit."

"Y-Yeah. That's what you mean."

After informing me that the guests were waiting for me in the conference room, Kuroda returned to his seat.

(Is it an interview about MysClo...)

But it was strange. Normally, when it comes to interviews, someone from the PR department would always set up the interview and contact me from there, but to be approached directly by outside media was something I had never experienced before.

Tilting my head, I headed for the conference room.


Part 5

"Nice to meet you. My name is Funabashi of Entertainment-Plat, which manages an information site in the entertainment field."

I honestly wondered what kind of person would show up for the interview out of the blue. But what actually came was a rather firm-looking woman.

"Ah, yes... I'm Hashiba of the 2nd Development Department, nice to meet you."

Exchanging business cards and confirming the other party's condition once again.

Her full name was Funabashi Takako, and she was a reporter for Entertainment Plat, the top-viewed video game and anime-related information website.

She was dressed in a bright wine red-colored pantsuit with her hair pulled back short, the kind of woman you wouldn't expect to find in a typical otaku company.

"Well then, let's talk about the latest information on Mystic Clockwork today..."

Her speech is not sarcastic and she does not come across as unfriendly. I heard that because of the big-talent nature of MysClo, it sometimes rejects interviews from strange media, but with this kind of person, they would have no problem accepting the interview.

(The company itself isn't causing any particular problems, so what the heck?)

The only thing that didn't quite make sense to me was that very appointment, but it gradually became less and less of a concern, especially since it was just a normal interview.

"Thank you very much, that will be all."

And the interview went off without a hitch. Without any particular confusion or unexpected questions, she thanked lightly and put away the materials at hand.

"Hmm..."

Suddenly, I saw Funabashi-san staring at me... No, I could see she was observing me. It was so blatant that it was like she was doing it with an attitude that it didn't matter if it was noticed.

"Uhm, what is it?"

When I asked her,

"Just like I heard. A newcomer to the star 2nd development, friendly, but actually a type of person who thinks and works hard. To put it in a bad way, he seems to be too serious, I guess~"

Suddenly, she spoke to me in a casual manner.

"E-Eh?"

"Ah, but don't worry about it. I really like to break someone like that down with questions. Do you think it's a worthwhile interview?"

Suddenly I can't react well. What in the world is this person?

"You're listening to me, right?"

"Uhm, what is it?"

I could not catch what she was saying at all, but Funabashi-san kept on repeating her words.

"Here's the main point. I really don't care about MysClo that don't come up when I probe. Well, it would be great if I could hear about it here."

She stands up and walks around the desk toward me. Then she brings her face close to mine,

"What I really want to hear is about the other project you have."

"The other...? What are you talking about?"

Right now, what the 2nd Development Department is making, other than MysClo, is small downloadable works and assisting work on ports. Of course, I am not involved in any of that.

"I'm in charge of MysClo. Nothing else."

"Areh? You're not going to talk to me? I'm talking about Project Group, which handles multiple indie titles and simultaneously expands them overseas."

"...!"

W-Why?

How does this person, whom I just met here, know about Grape?

"Interesting experiment, isn't it~. Before Storm's game sales have taken root that firmly, Succeed, a major company that invests in up-front original games on a small scale and multiple original games. If you can show your strength not only in big titles but also in small ones, you can link up with talented indie authors, and if you find a good match, you can incorporate them into your own titles~."

It was exactly the same marketing slogan I had written in the proposal.

"So, how much have you contributed to this project? I heard that the project was done by another girl, but I wonder if you are the one who gave her the wisdom of a grown-up?"

Before I handle matters related to Project Grape with care, it is too difficult to react in this situation.

Or rather, more importantly, who the hell is this person? There are many people in the company who know about the project, but of course, it is treated as confidential.

If it's leaking out, it's going to be a big problem...

"I'm sorry, where did that story come from..."

I decided to ask first.

"...Areh? Something's wrong."

Then Funabashi-san tilted her head as if to say that that's not what was promised.

"I know he said he'd let me decide how far I wanted to go into it, but I didn't hear that it didn't go this far."

"Haa..."

I don't know what she was talking about, so I can only respond randomly.

"Wait a minute, I'll ask."

She took out her phone, opened the calling app with a familiar hand, and made the call.

"Hello. Yes, now I am in your company... Eh?!? Wait a minute, you weren't talking about it yet, that was the assumption, right?"

I don't know what it is, but apparently something unexpected has been happening.

"That's a problem. You know, that the person in question, he looks like he's trying to figure out what's going on right in front of me. Eh? Explain it? You should be the one to do that, hold on a second, we'll change!"

She said, and suddenly thrust her smartphone toward me.

"Speak."

"Eh?"

"Your friend. He's going to tell us how this happened, hora."

Not knowing what she was talking about, I approached her smartphone and spoke.

"Hello... It's Hashiba."

Immediately, a deafening voice rang out from the smartphone in front of me.

"Sorry Hashiba!! It's my miscommunication!!"

It was a familiar, flirtatious voice.

"Miyamoto-san!?"


Part 6

"Are you leaking Project Grapes!?"

Sakurai-san and I jumped up and down the moment we heard the story.

The meeting of the 13th department was held in a hurry. There, Miyamoto-san informed us of a surprising plan.

"Yeah, I thought there was a limit to what we could do from the inside. Then, my strategy was to start a fire from the outside to burn it out."

We are confident that Project GRAPE is an interesting project. If the RPGs planned by Sakurai-san are well received, we can expect them to spread by word of mouth.

So I knew I would need to think of various moves to develop it in the media. But that is, of course, only after the project has been set in motion, and right now it is just an empty theory on the table with no budget yet.

And yet, he leaks it to the media and announces it under the assumption that it is already in progress. Normally, the media would just ignore it, saying they had never heard of such a story. Manufacturers do not have time to respond to every rumor.

But if this project gets great publicity in the preliminary stages. If the desired feedback is high, it will be a great weapon in our sales pitch. Even if the executive director rejects the proposal, the opposing side may use the high reputation of the project to bring the project into their own favor.

"...I mean, that's the point. Not quite guaranteed, but not bad, right?"

Miyamoto-san is grinning as he says so, but it is certainly not impossible to get the media on our side to agitate and then make adjustments within the company. At the very least, it would be a better way out than the current deadlock.

"But I wish you had told me about it."

To be honest, my heart shrank when Grape was mentioned out of the blue in that situation.

"No, I didn't mean to keep quiet. But I was just busy with another call, and I didn't think Takako would make an appointment so ridiculously early, ah, I only call her by her first name because we've had a rotten relationship since we were students."

He even started talking about things I didn't ask him about. I think this is one of those things that still has the feel of the previous Charaji.

"Well, but this is a risky move."

Kojima-san still seemed undecided.

"They will say who leaked it, and that will affect Miyamoto-san and Hashiba-kun. Are you prepared for that?"

Miyamoto-san nodded heavily.

"Of course. But as long as it gets out there, there is a good chance we can win."

Yes, this project has not yet been released to the world. There is certainly a desire to promote the fact that it is so interesting.

But it was a "project" that was created during company business hours and submitted to a meeting. If a person within the company took the initiative to leak the project and then set it in motion, it could become a responsibility issue.

"Hmm..."

I was still undecided too.

This time, aside from the fact that it was Miyamoto-san's idea, there was a large part of the development being left to the media side, and a large part of it being done by others. It is not like when we prepared, presented, and won a presentation by ourselves.

(It's in the cowardly category.)

I do not intend to make it sound like everything is neat and clean. I sometimes use cunning in these tactics, and I do not intend to force everyone to stay clean and innocent.

But regarding this issue, we're going to use a measure that isn't fair, skipping over what goes on within the company. Even if we were to get them to approve the project by tearing up the side of the paper, it is within the company that the project will be moved. If we think about the aftermath of a project that has been pushed through, we cannot move carelessly.

I understand that this idea came from Miyamoto-san's own concern about the current situation that is not moving. It pains me to tell him this decision, since I'm included in the reasons for not moving...

I made up my mind and opened my mouth.

"I'm sorry, let's not do this operation. It's too risky"

"Eh...?"

At my decision, Miyamoto-san did not hide his dissatisfaction.

"No, I don't think it's the correct way to do it either. But since going head-to-head is never going to work, there's no choice but to use the projectile weapon, right?"

"I understand that. But the weapons we will use this time are too dangerous. We must not bring weapons from other places, not from our own strength. We must not use weapons that we cannot control."

At my words, Miyamoto-san silently sat down in his chair.

"...... Got it, if that's your decision, I guess there's no choice."

"I'm sorry, even though you took the trouble to give me an idea."

Miyamoto-san did not come up with this idea in an attempt to destroy the place. It was the result of thinking about what we could do without spending any money to make it as effective as possible.

"But what are we going to do? We don't have a good idea at the moment, and unless we can find some clue, we're headed straight for annihilation."

Right, I let go of what could have been a breakthrough. That's why I have to come up with something possible next, or else everyone will be discouraged.

And that's when Kojima-san quickly raised her hand.

"Maybe I'll move a little too."

"Kojima-san, do you have any idea...?"

Kojima-san shook her head,

"Not really, it's not that I have any bright ideas. I'm just thinking that when Grape starts to develop, I'll look for a manufacturer who might be willing to cooperate with us on production, that's all."

"Cooperate?"

"Well, it's strange to talk about it before the decision is made, but if we wait until we know we can go before we start looking, it will be too late to make a move. We have to do what we can. Oh yes, Hayakawa-kun, who you introduced me to the other day, I'll try to collaborate with him as well."

It was a thankful story. With Hayakawa and Kojima-san, we can expect realistic effects.

"Thank you very much, I count on you."

"Uhm, me too... I can't do anything, but I'll do my best to gather information!"

Sakurai-san also said to encourage herself.

"Me too... Yeah, I'll think about it a lot."

Miyamoto-san also seemed to be thinking about something.

Everyone's will is strong. It has not wavered yet. However, it is clear that we are nearing our limit. If we don't come up with a concrete and effective plan by then, it will all be over.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next