Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Epilogue | She Who Goes Ahead | Remake our Life!


Part 5

After I finished explaining the next work, I was walking outside with Tsurayuki.

Since everyone was there, we decided to buy some groceries to have something to eat.

"I think they'll just eat whatever we cook them. Kyouya, what do you want to eat?"

"I... I am fine with anything."

When I replied, Tsurayuki sounded as if he had given up,

"You know, in the end, I'm the one who decides."

The same complaint as in the past was spilled out with a wry smile on his face.

In this way, I really feel that everyday life has returned. It's as if the gap of a few months, or for me, more than a year, never happened.

While we were talking about trivial things to each other, suddenly Tsurayuki sounded serious,

"I told you before that I was jealous of you, right?"

He said as he stepped on weeds growing on the footpath.

"Honestly, I still feel like I'm no match for you. I have a great sense of defeat. You came to the place where I was born and exposed all the parts of me that I am ashamed of and don't want to be seen, and to tell the truth, I want to run away and hide."

Yes, that's what I did.

I hunted him down, exposed him, and used his emotions as a persuasive tool.

I think it was an act that deserved to be called a bastard.

"But that's why I blew it out."

Tsurayuki smiles. It is a carefree, fresh smile.

"I'll leave everything to you that you can't compete with. From now on, I will do as you say. I'm going to aim for the masterpiece of the team that Hashiba Kyoya has created."

Then, he took out his cell phone and called up the memo screen.

He pressed some buttons and showed me the screen.

Kawagoe Kyouichi, it was written there.

"So, I'm going by this name from this day forward. If I have to use a pen name, I will use this name."

I involuntarily looked at Tsurayuki with a blank expression on my face.

"I've managed to not hate the city I was born in just in time. Thanks to you, my best friend. So I'm going to use your name as it is, instead of guessing."

Embarrassed, Tsurayuki looked at me,

"May I have your permission?"

"No need, you don't need my permission..."

A great feeling overwhelmed me.

The name I had heard when he had failed previously was a stark reminder of the hopelessness and the sins I had committed. But now that name has become a name that binds him and me together for the future.

There were certainly some touching moments there. But I had a strong fear.

I was trying to change the history that I had altered.

But the result was still centered on me, even if the shape had changed somewhat. I felt as if I was being watched from afar, that no matter how hard I tried, my sins would not be erased and that there was no true redemption... That's what I thought.

Bet your life. Even the words that seemed exaggerated, but now seemed real to me.

"There's no reason for me to refuse."

"Oh, I see. Then it's settled. I'll write an awesome masterpiece with this name!"

What kind of works will he create in this world?

I have no way of knowing that yet.

I can only be sure that ... by working together in this way, we will create something much more exciting and interesting than the future I know.

Shinoaki, Nanako, and Tsurayuki. They all believe in me and are working according to my words. Moreover, unlike the doujinshi games where we were forced to work together, we have come to know and understand each other better.

That's why it's scary.

Shinoaki's trust, Nanako's favor, and Tsurayuki's friendship.

I wondered what would happen to us when it broke down.

Now, after all this time, I was deeply affected by the words that sensei said to me.

"What kind of composition should we have? Let's do brainstorming for the next part as soon as possible."

The conversation with Tsurayuki gradually turned to the topic of the second work.

We had already talked about Kuroda and his group, and he had watched their video many times.

"Shinoaki, and Kuroda? What an amazing combination."

"Yes, a strong opponent... right."

"Good grief, you make someone fight a ridiculous enemy as soon as he gets back. It's like recovering from an illness, so you should at least start out with the mid-level boss."

"Would you have preferred a weaker opponent?"

"Don't be silly, it's more motivating to compete against such a strong opponent. It's the best stage."

Haha, Tsurayuki laughs happily.

"Your idea is interesting. By all means, let's put everyone on stage."

"Can you do it, Tsurayuki?"

He will be responsible for the lyrics of the songs and the overall story line to be used in the second work. It is a role that carries significant responsibility.

"I'll do it. Because I am now, I can definitely do it."

Yes, I think so too, Tsurayuki.


Part 6

"I'm home~... Areh?"

When I returned from shopping, I found Saikawa in the living room, and,

"Why is Shinoaki sleeping here?"

Next to the kotatsu was the figure of Shinoaki, sleeping peacefully.

"Aki-san, it seems like she has been working all this time, up until now. And now that it's finally done."

"Why isn't she sleeping in her room?"

Saikawa shakes her head,

"It seems that the bed was filled because of various art supplies and other things."

Tsurayuki and I looked at each other and smiled wryly.

"Is Shinoaki already working on the next production?"

"Looks like. The day after the first video was released, she was already holed up in her room..."

Since the second work will probably be fully animated as well, it would be better to work on as many as possible if she has already decided what she wants to draw. And Kuroda must be making preparations in that area so as not to let the work stop.

"She is really amazing. I wonder from where this tiny body has such power."

With a look of respect, Tsurayuki said.

Exactly right. Her immeasurable skill has yet to see a limit.

"But it's so quick, they're already on the move"

I was more than a little intimidated by how quickly the Kuroda group was moving.

"Right. Well, we're not going to lose."

Tsurayuki smirks.

Right, we have Tsurayuki. Of course, it comes with a great deal of responsibility, but that reassurance was something I was very grateful for in the future production.

Yes, I would even go so far as to say that I am rather looking forward to it.

"Areh? Hashiba, what is this?"

Saikawa, who was looking at her PC, suddenly raised her voice.

Me and Tsurayuki also look at the screen.

There, the information indicated that a new video had been uploaded to Nico Nico Nico from the Kuroda group's account.

"What is this?"

"Let's play it, it's quicker by watching it."

As Tsurayuki said, click the thumbnail to play the video.

From the dark screen, a message appeared after a few seconds.

When we saw that, we raised our voices.

"Teaser movie!?"

The trailer for the second work of the Kuroda group, to be released in November, had been uploaded.

"Oi, does this affect the grading?"

"No, it's only two works. But this is how you incite the next one."

"It's definitely going to be a hot topic..."

I had been outsmarted. Was this the plan Kuroda had in mind?

And we.

Even the content of the teaser movie will be shocking.

"...... Seriously, this."

Unintentionally, all of us said so.

Shinoaki's drawings, which had acquired an even higher level of artistic ability, were frighteningly lively in the video.

Above all, what was astonishing was the number of pictures. The high quality of the drawings was such that it was hard to tell how many pictures were being drawn per second, moving in all directions.

A long time ago, in a documentary about an animation studio, they said that one genius animator is equal to 100 ordinary animators.


Even if there was some exaggeration, I was now being shown an actual example of that very thing.

"It's not just the main character... Even the mobs are all moving with a will..."

Tsurayuki muttered in astonishment.

"It seems like it would cost an awful lot just to draw one piece, so why..."

Saikawa's face turned pale.

The girl who has made the two creators so terrified is sleeping peacefully and happily right beside me.

Did this girl draw this?

"Shinoaki ... is growing."


The story grabs us and drags us to the next development.

Together with an angel-like monster that has evolved further.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next