Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 5 | Her and His Poetry | Remake our Life! ◄◄


Part 1

◇September 5◇ 

With the start of the second semester of classes, the Art Research Club resumed its normal activities.

Having said that, as is often the case in college clubs, there is always someone in the club room, whether it is a vacation or not, and to be honest, it was not much different from the summer vacation.

Nanako was absent today because she had a voice training session and Shinoaki was working on the drawing. Nanako just happened to have a day off, but Shinoaki seems to have been shutting herself in again for the past few days.

(She seems to be busy all the time... Shinoaki)

So far, it seems that she is not doing anything to cut down on her sleep, but I can't help but worry about her because I can't see the inner workings of her life.

"Well, let us begin the regular meeting of the Art Research Club. Today's agenda is about the cosplay cafe at the school festival."

Kiryu-san declared, and the meeting began.

But, well, if I take just a few words out of it, I can only think that the circle members were losing their minds. Where did all the art exhibitions and such go?

Regardless of the circumstances, following last year's event, we decided to put on another controversial performance. It still doesn't make sense to me that Kawasegawa is taking the lead in this project. 

"Nee, Saikawa, what happened to Kawasegawa recently?"

"What do you mean...?"

"No, I just thought she was doing a pretty good job of keeping up with the club."

Saikawa is opening her mouth.

"Eh, because...... Hashiba-san asked for it, right?"

"Right, but I'm surprised she did all this just because of that."

Then Saikawa glanced at me with a stern stare.

"...That's what I'm talking about."

"Eh, about what?"

"Think about it. I don't know."

In the end, Saikawa did not tell me. Did I say something unnecessary....

Anyway, things went smoothly as far as Kawasegawa was concerned as far as progress was concerned.

"Well, then I will distribute materials to everyone regarding the final character selections."

Kiryu-san distributes the printed papers to everyone. He is strangely diligent about this kind of thing, or rather, he is really serious about the genre he likes and about photography.

"Is there anything in particular? If not, let's..."

Just as he was about to say something, Kawasegawa's hand was quickly raised. 

"...Ah, etto, Kawasegawa-san..."

For some reason, Kiryu is in fear at the sight of her.

Kawasegawa stood up and began to speak, already clad in the fire of anger from at this stage.

"I would like to ask you a question first, if I may?"

"Y-Yes, go ahead."

Kiryu-san is already beginning to lose his vigour.

"This table looks different from the characters we decided on at the previous meeting ... Did you make any changes from the data I compiled?"

... Ah, somehow, I can read the whole story. 

"N-No, I input the data as it was given to me... I think?"

He sounded strangely confident,

"Why are you saying it in low voice like that?"

"I mean, why are the letters in this table so tiny for some reason?"

The senior duo, Sugimoto-san and Kakihara-san also noticed something unusual.

"Ah!"

Saikawa suddenly stood up from her chair with a rattling sound.

"This has been replaced with the list that Kiryu-san sent me at the beginning!"

"What are you talking about? There is no way I would do that!"

"No, I have been checking it properly! The first one is about demonic shinobi, the next one is about race queens, and the last one is an anime about girls flying around in their underwear, this is truly Kiryu-san's choice!"

Everyone's fiery gazes were all focused on Kiryu-san at once.

"Uhm, this is a misunderstanding! Gentlemen, you are misund..."

On either side of Kiryu-san, both Kawasegawa and Hiyama-san took up positions.

"Eh... Ah... Guys?"

The tiger at the front gate, the wolf at the back gate, Minister of the Right, and Unkei Kaikei, The two, who seem to fit everything that both sides stand for, are strangely quiet in their tone of voice,

"Why are you doing this kind of outsmarting?" "Don't you think it's pathetic for a 2 year old?" "If you have any objections, you should say them when we decide," "Have you ever thought about a life of being preached to like this by a second year girl?" "In any case, we've already prepared the costumes, right?" "I'll tell you at this point, I'm not going to get caught up in these farces" "Did you not think it was a futile resistance?" "It's just a waste of time," "It's pretty much because of his personality," "Uwaaaaaaaa, sorryyyyyyy!"

Finally, it seemed to be forced to end by the person's own voice of despair.


Aside from the president's usual runaways, the next topic of discussion was "who will be in charge of which character?"

"Do all the characters here have costumes? Cosplay is amazing"

Sugimoto-san is impressed in a strange way.

"Sounds like fun. I should have gotten some costumes too."

"Indeed, I feel that Kakihara-san could have done well in cross-dressing."

He's beautiful to begin with, and I always think that if it weren't for the disappointment of the spinning vomit, he wouldn't be the kind of person who hangs out in these circles. 

"Shinoaki-chan is tiny, so I think she'd be cute as this pink-haired wizard."

Hiyama-san pointed at Louise and said so.

"No, I don't think the characters fit together very well. If that's the case, I still prefer Nagato."

Since she has short hair, she doesn't even need to wear a wig, and it looks just right.

"Then this one goes to Nanako-chan."

"U-Uhm ~ in my opinion, Nanako is better suited with this one."

"I'm gonna put paper mache in you."

As a result of such an exchange, the roles of all the girls were decided.

Well, it seems to me that the roles were cast in a relatively safe or rather properly suited manner.

But I was a little concerned about something.

(Areh? Kawasegawa won't wear anything?)

According to Saikawa, the girl who is in charge of planning the event, has filled out the roles that have been decided on the paperwork and has begun packing up her belongings, as if that is the end of the matter.

It was one of those moments when I thought, "That's a little unnatural or unfair..." 

"Okay, that's it then. W-What?"

In front of Kawasegawa, who said so and stood up from her seat,

"Fufufu, you can't just try to cover it up and run away."

With a grin, Saikawa stood in front of her, holding up a paper bag.

"...I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"Kawasegawa-senpai will be wearing this!"

She said and took out a military-like outfit from a paper bag and spread it out in front of everyone.

"Oh~, what's that, cool!"

"Eh, is Kawasegawa-chan going to wear this? Seriously!"

"It's a pretty tight suit, is it okay, really?"

As Hiyama-san was worried, it was a bit on the naughty side for the costume, as the lines of the body were quite visible.

Is she ... going to make Kawasegawa wear this?

"Y-You, I told you to put this away already!"

"I put it away. And today I brought it again!"

"Guh... You talk like a child making excuses...!"

"But it's a project that includes Kawasegawa-senpai as well... After all, we need your participation. I think everyone agrees with me, right?"

Saikawa turned around and said, and the boys (mainly Kiryu-san) said, "Yes, yes!" and replied in unison. 

"You... Remember this."

Kawasegawa clenches her teeth and stares at Saikawa with resentment.

"Aah~, that cold stare and the line, just like Commander Ryuzoji Kaori, senpai!"

It seems that is not working on Saikawa at all, and she still has a fascinated expression on her face.

In the end, through Saikawa's scheme, it was officially decided that Kawasegawa would be cosplaying at the school festival.

(Kawasegawa, maybe she's surprisingly weak in the push...)

Thus, the content of the Art Club's school festival was almost finalized.

All that's left is to prepare the costumes, menus, and other necessary items for the school festival.

"Ah, please keep the store closed during the screening."

Kawasegawa's words brought me back to reality.

Yes, on the last day of the festival, there is a big event waiting for us apart from the cosplay cafe. 

"Whaat! That would cause me and the customers some troub-gofu."

"Of course. The evening of the last day, right?"

Hiyama-san, who KO'd Kiryu-san with single flash of her hand, confirms to Kawasegawa. 

"Yes. I'll let you know when it's time."

The second fateful video was scheduled to be shown at a special screening site at the school festival. Naturally, almost all first- and second-year students of the Art Club would participate. 

In many ways, it will be a busy school festival.

"Well then, the schedule is getting packed and we should have meetings twice a week in September. If you have something to prepare, please let me know."

The meeting was safely ended with Hiyama-san's words. Everyone began to do their own thing, going to the next class or going home. 

(Now all that's left is to think hard about the second work.)

For two months, I had no choice but to focus on this. 

I called out to her.

"Kawasegawa, can I talk to you for a second?"

"A meeting about a second video, right? Fine."

I wonder, though, where this intuition of Kawasegawa's comes from...

She is so sharp that it sometimes scares me a little. But more than that, she is extremely dependable. 


Previous | Table of Contents | Next