Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 5 | Her and His Poetry | Remake our Life! ◄◄


Part 2

The number of views was a triple score, the number of My Lists was a double score, and the only thing still comparable was the number of comments. That was the difference between us and the Kuroda group.

"Considering the number of days since it was released, it's better to expect the gap to widen even more when the second video is released."

At the countermeasures meeting at Cafe Spade, Kawasegawa said so and struck a pose of helplessness. 

Under the current rules, the final score will be determined two months after the second video is released, or at the end of the year. 

Although there is a wide time span, probably the first or second day of the opening will decide a lot. 

In order to achieve a big turnaround, we would have to make a considerable difference.

But that was a very tough hurdle to overcome at this stage.

"Well, compared to the on-campus evaluation, it seems that there is still more salvation from Niconico."

This time, the Kuroda group was a completely original work. Compared to ours, the use of Meku had the advantage of easily attracting new viewers.

Nevertheless, it was impossible for a fully animated film that took viewers by surprise not to be talked about, and it easily overcame the disadvantages of the original genre, which is said to be at a disadvantage, and gained popularity to the point where it peaked at the top in the overall ranking. 

However, the materials themselves were evaluated quite highly. Nanako's music seems to have been reproduced with only the sound part extracted, and it is said that Saikawa was also approached for commercial work. 

"Nanako's music and Saikawa's illustrations are highly evaluated, so I think it's safe to say that the material is perfect."

Kawasegawa nodded and said, "Right",

"Now it's just a matter of how to make the most of it."

Yes, from here on out, it is up to me to bring it to life or kill it. The time of decision is approaching soon to see if the strategy I have been working on will succeed.

The deadline for uploading the video is in two months, even though there is more leeway than in the first video, if we don't move quickly, we won't stand a chance. 

"Hashiba"

Kawasegawa's quiet voice echoes through the restaurant.

"Why are you stopping the production? Aren't you ready for it?"

She's right. I'm already prepared to order materials.

"Just a little more. Just wait a little longer. I'll try not to stop working."

"What are you waiting for? Music and illustrations are heating up nicely, so shouldn't we move on?"

Perhaps having learned the trick of how to make it in the first work, both Nanako and Saikawa were waiting, seemingly ready to move at any moment. The only one stopping them was none other than me. 

"I'm sorry, really. But just a little bit more. Please."

She let out a resigned sigh.

"Well, we've come this far, and we have no choice but to leave it to you. I think you can do whatever you want to do..."

Just the other day, I was reminded of something sensei said to me.

I turn people around and change their lives.

In a real sense, if I do not become aware of it, I will make a mistake that I will not be able to redo this time around. 

Even though I made such a dramatic impression in Kawagoe.

"I've already decided. That's where I'll finalize all the details of the second work and show it to everyone."

Kawasegawa did not respond. Instead of a reply,

"Don't break your body. If you collapse, it will be the end for everyone."

"Yes."

"Never say that I collapsed after collapsing. I will not forgive you. Tell me when you are going to collapse. Then I can at least support you in advance."

"...Thank you."

I drank the lukewarm coffee in one gulp and looked up at the sky outside the window.

Unfortunately, a cloudy sky covered the sky. Maybe rain is coming, I thought.

After leaving the store and parting ways with Kawasegawa, I hurried home. Even though I was waiting for the production to start, I still had a lot of work to do.

Gray clouds covered the entire sky, which was disturbing in itself. This was exactly the kind of dream I had been having for a long time.

A lukewarm wind blew. Just when I thought it was about to start raining, it started raining heavily. 

In a panic, I quickened my steps. Puddles had already formed under my feet. I ran, making loud noises and stepping on them.

The rain was coming down harder than I expected. I thought I wouldn't get that wet, but by the time I arrived at the share house, I was completely drenched.

When I opened the door, Nanako, who had returned earlier, greeted me.

"Welcome back. It came down so suddenly."

"Yes, I'm sorry. Can you grab me a towel?"

Nanako said okay and handed me a face towel from the bathroom. I thanked her and wiped my face and head. 

"I just got a call from Eiko."

Perhaps it is about the next production.

"...I'm sorry, I still need a little more time."

When I apologized, Nanako shook her head, "Yes."

"I'd like to do that, too. I want to wait, after all."

She sighed softly and looked into the distance.

"I wonder if it could tell, that guy."

"I don't know. It's hard to say, but..."

I believe. I believe in the feelings that were still lingering inside of him.

"I'm sure Tsurayuki doesn't want this to end at all."

Otherwise, he wouldn't have even received the proposal I gave him.

Because he received it and read it, he must give some kind of answer.

"...Yes, that's right."

Nanako also nodded.

"I'm waiting for him, too."


Previous | Table of Contents | Next