Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 4 | Her and His Circumstances | Remake our Life!

Part 5

After much fussing and screaming, Kawasegawa, with a devilish look on her face, kicked me out of the house, and after changing into normal clothes, she finally let me enter the room.

“But a cosplay café, huh... That's a bold idea.”

And I was told the whole story.

As usual, Kiryu-senpai was on board with the cosplay cafe proposed by Saikawa, and since there was no opposition, the school festival event was decided... So it was like, well, it's the same as usual.

It was surprising that Kawasegawa was actively preparing for the event without any objection.

“So you had a cosplay contest in the room?”

At my words, Kawasegawa turned bright red and got angry.

"I never said I wanted to! It's all Saikawa's fault!"

"Eh~, isn't it senpai who said let's try on the costumes ourselves before handing them to everyone else~"

"I didn't say that! I just said let's check the size!"

"No way~, I was in a good mood because senpai took the initiative to wear the clothes, but that is just outrageous~"

"I said, it's not like that!"

Saikawa and Kawasegawa were getting along so well that I wondered what had happened over the past few days.

Perhaps Kawasegawa would say that they are not close or anything, she is just dealing with Saikawa because she messes around! But in the eyes of those around them, the feeling is completely that of sisters.

"... I didn't know Eiko liked this kind of stuff."

"Wait, Nanako, will you stop looking at me like that?"

Well, I'm glad they've opened up to each other.

Then I look around and notice the other resident is nowhere.

"Areh? What about Shinoaki?"

Normally, she would be here, smiling and watching everyone's fuss, but today, she was not here.

At my question, both Saikawa and Kawasegawa, haa, let out a sigh.

"... Did something happen?"

"No, nothing. Rather, I think Aki-senpai is in great shape."

At Saikawa's words, Kawasegawa nodded,

"Right, I guess she's doing so well, she's wondering what she's going to do now?"

According to their explanation, Shinoaki had been concentrating on the work since we were heading to Kawagoe, as originally planned.

But in the beginning, they said, she did not stay in her room to that extent.

"She ate her meals normally, and sometimes she would take a break and come downstairs."

However, gradually, the amount of time she spent in her room was clearly increasing. On several occasions, Kawasegawa entered her room out of concern when she did not respond to her calls.

Fortunately, her health did not appear to be failing. However, her behavior was clearly not normal.

"I wonder when she sleeps...she's been drawing all the time. The only sounds I could hear in that room were the sounds of pen running and papers being turned over."

And yesterday, when Saikawa, worried that she had not heard from her again, went to her room, she was holding a pen in her hand, looking very happy.

“Minori-chan, you enjoy painting, don't you~ She said”

There were so many papers with drawings scattered around the room that there was no room to step on them.

"Aki-san is like obsessed with something. But it's not that she doesn't want to do it."

That would be true. Kuroda may demand the highest technical scores, but he does not make the mistake of crushing them with the amount of work they had to do.

“I wondered how amazing it was that he could love painting so much and continue to do so... I was so overwhelmed.”

Yes, it is probably her own intention that Shinoaki is drawing a huge amount of pictures, and it is all a story that can be attributed to her.

"I'm sorry, I must have made Saikawa feel a little scared."

Because the Shinoaki that she loves and adores would probably have been shocked by the sudden change in her life.

Or so I thought,

"Scary...? That's outrageous."

Surprisingly, Saikawa simply denied it.

"I admire Aki-san because of the works she draws and her passion for drawing. Of course, she is very cute and I love her, too."

'But!', she shakes her head,

“The current Aki-san is certainly a little unapproachable, but she is, um, really cool!”

"T-That's good to hear."

"So, I'm going to shut myself in and concentrate for a bit! I also want to start working on the illustrations!"

Saying that, Saikawa rushed into her room.

I was relieved. I knew she was a creator at heart.

"It's nice. It's like they're rivals"

Seeing Saikawa's sparkling face, Nanako also looked happy.

“Kyouya, Shinoaki already... found it, right?”

"Yes, I think she found it."

Nanako nodded and said, "I see.",

"I have to do my best too."

With a cheerful face, she puffed out her chest.

"That girl is my rival"

For a moment, I felt a jolt.

Because I thought... Nanako's words now seemed to have a different meaning.

"Kyouya, you've already decided on the concept, right?"

"Y-Yeah, of course."

"Then tell me right away. I don't want to forget this feeling, and I want to create it while I remember it."

As Nanako said so, at the same time, the door to Saikawa's room opened.

"Ah, Hashiba-san, me too! I've been wanting to draw already, but I'm still having a hard time with it!"

Saikawa protested with a pout.

"All right, all right! For now, just let me put my stuff down and give me some time to organize it!"

"Ye~s!"

After the two replied happily, they bounced back to their own rooms.

The lively atmosphere subsided, and the quiet returned.

Kawasegawa and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Good work"

"I'm home. Thank you for staying while I was gone."

"Really. You're throwing a lot of things to me."

"I'm sorry. So, that package is?"

Kawasegawa glared at me with a stern look,

"A change of clothes. I was prepared for a long fight because I thought you might not be back yet, but I guess I didn't need it."

"I see, and there's also cospl"

Kawasegawa's sharp eyes, which never tolerate jokes, shot through my entire body.

"... Want to continue to say it?"

"... I won't. Uhm, I'm sorry... for being late to contact you."

"Mou..."

Kawasegawa sighed, then her expression softened.

"So, how did it go?"

I briefly told her what had happened in Kawagoe.

About Tsurayuki, about his father. And about the future.

"So nothing is done or set in stone yet."

"Yeah, I think it's safe to say this is where it starts."

Kawasegawa also nodded,

“I hope it will be a good result for Tsurayuki... but I can’t say anything right now.”

Yes, this matter has not been resolved yet, not even the results have come out.

But we have to create a work that is waiting for us.

"Shinoaki will be a formidable opponent."

"Yes"

"You're going to make it harder and harder on yourself."

Indeed, that may be true. If we want to get to the top on campus, it is best to keep the talent of Shinoaki to ourselves.

Even in the world of sports, there is a tactic of keeping talented players in their own army for the benefit of other teams.

But I'm not going to talk about that now.

What I'm looking at is much further.

"It's not hard. More importantly, we are finally moving forward."

"Is that so?"

"Nanako and Saikawa are both inspired by Shinoaki. I'm sure they will create something amazing."

When the people immediately around you become more active, the influence spreads to those around you.

This is especially true for creators. Freelancers also create group workspaces, and working while on a call is similar to that.

Well, as expected, I didn't expect it to go so well.

"Somehow, it's not as interesting as you seem to think it is."

"But Kawasegawa knew what I was thinking, right?"

Kawasegawa nodded, pouting her lips and looking dissatisfied.

"But from here on out, it's going to be tough. With Tsurayuki gone, you have to take the lead and decide on the concept."

"If about it, it's okay. I've already decided everything."

"You were so lost when you were over here??"

When I smiled at the worried Kawasegawa,

"Yeah. Because you went there to decide what you were unsure about."

Yes, I've already decided how I want the story to go.

The rest is whether the big flow will move along with what I decided.

"Don't you dare lose your footing."

"Of course"

I looked lightly toward the place where I had been just a few hours before.

(Watch me)

I called the actors to the backstage. I also gave them the script.

Now all I have to do is pull them all out onto the stage.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next