Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 27 Part 2

Now, what are you going to do?

.

.

.

I asked with my eyes.

"I knew that already, but... ...Hearing it in person was quite a shock. More than I expected."

Alexander laughed awkwardly. His gaze was straight on me, and there was no longer any trepidation.

I looked into his eyes without saying a word. I thought that, perhaps, today would be my last chance to see Alexander up close.

"Sister, you really are the culprit, right?" asked Alexander.

He took my hand, and pulled me into his arms with a smooth movement.

My cheek touched his bare chest, I could feel his body heat. He pushed me into his tight embrace.

The sound of the heartbeat that I heard in my ear was very loud, then the sound of the beating gradually died down steadily. Slowly, I lifted my head and studied its powerful jaws.

"Are you going to kiss me?"

As if sensing my gaze, Alexander glanced at me. The question is enough to embarrass me.

"......What!? No! At a time like this?" I asked, but I seemed to have no right to refuse.

Alexander lowered his head as if he didn't hear anything.

He gripped my chin so tightly he might even crush it. Alexander kissed me roughly, with a force that would eat me up. A hard and hot tongue penetrated my mouth. I quickly closed my eyes, he moved quickly, he caught my tongue and snared me hastily.

"......Wait!"

Then, at one point, I punched Alexander in the chest. The reason that was almost swept away by it, is now back.

Is this your answer to my confession? I want to ask that. Is this sweet kiss your answer?

Really crazy. This tongue that is being entwined with your tongue, just now, confessed that I killed your father.

......How could this happen?

The corners of my mouth were wet with saliva. The more I opened my lips to breathe, the deeper Alexander inserted his tongue.

"Wa— ...Stop!"

When I tried to resist, Alexander grabbed both my wrists and pulled me, as if he could not tolerate even the slightest resistance. I sat on his thighs and had to receive passionate kisses from him.

His thick tongue that ran across the roof of his mouth moved wildly inside my mouth. My tongue was twitching as if it was about to be pulled out, I was shaking subconsciously.

My fingertips touched his already swollen pen#s. He opened his eyes in surprise, instantly his body tensed up and he furrowed his brows.

"Ah, Alex!"

In a flash, Alexander put me on the floor. As soon as he opened his lips, a silver thread stretched out like a spider's web. His red tongue seemed to stick out, and he drank the saliva that was on my chin.

The cold air coming from the floor gave me goosebumps. My shoulders shook slightly because Alexander put his hand under my waist.

"Caught."

He lifted my upper body and gave small kisses in every corner of my face. His fine hair tickled my cheek, making my shivering body tingle. I turned my head, ignoring his pen#s that rubbing my lower body.

"Listen. You have to know it."

I, who had been holding my breath, now finally opened my mouth. But Alexander didn't listen to me, instead, he caressed my collarbone which was showing through the gaping bathrobe.

"My mother.... ...She's like a butterfly."

I didn't care about the reaction, I kept talking. He gave me a disgruntled look as I grabbed his hand holding my waist.

I made sure he looked at me like nothing else mattered except me in front of him. Alexander, who had not hidden his lust, finally stopped moving and his eyes trembled. I started telling stories without missing any of those moments.

"My mother is like a butterfly. Someone who looks like she'll fly away if someone reaches out to her. That's why......"

A sigh flowed out. Now, Alexander is like a loyal dog who listens well, he stops moving and waits for me to speak again.

"That's why... ...I killed her so I wouldn't lose her. I don't want to be thrown away by her."

My mother killed her husband by injecting poison through a syringe. As the daughter of a farmer in the countryside, my mother had in-depth knowledge of various types of medicinal plants and poisonous plants from an early age.

My mother could kill someone with just an unknown flower, which grew by the roadside. She knew very well how to use the flower as a deadly poison or as a medicine to save people.

Her angelic appearance made everyone believe her. When my Mother said, 'It's good for your health.' with her sparkling blue eyes, no one doubted her.

"Even my father died because of that."

I laughed bitterly. I didn't know anything until I heard that my father had died after my mother and I ran away. Who would blame Mother, when my father died because he was attacked in the middle of a riot?

Then, the truth was finally revealed. Time passed, and Cain's real father and my first stepfather, Knight Cameron died.

At that time, I had doubts about my Stepfather's death. He has a strong physique and is not sick. But he died of a strange disease called sepsis.

After my Stepfather's funeral. In my mother's room, while my mother was still mourning, I found countless syringes in a drawer.

Likewise with the poison hidden in the deepest drawer. The back of my head felt like it had been hit with a hammer. Mother often injects Stepfather, as she did with my father. Infecting a syringe is not a difficult thing for her.

"My mother had killed her husband. And when I found out......"

I smiled weakly as I looked at Alexander who was listening to me silently.

'Mother, how can you just leave things like this haphazardly?'

Late at night, when all the mourners who visited the funeral were gone, I went to my mother and surreptitiously held out the syringe. Without any hint of criticism in my expression and tone, my mother said,

'Ophelia, that.... ...Could you keep it a secret?'

At first, my mother hardened her face as if surprised. However, before long, she smiled beautifully, as beautiful as an angel. Naturally, she seemed certain that I would help her.

Of course, as always, Mother was right. I also nodded my head while thinking that my biological father's death had something to do with this.

I can only laugh with my mother. The most important thing for me is my mother's happiness. That's why I believed that Mom should be happy and she left my father because my father couldn't satisfy her.

At that time, Mother had some wealth left in the name of Stepfather. Even though it wasn't enough to live happily, we didn't have to live hard, we also lived together in the beautiful house that my mother really wanted.

Living like that is enough for me. Nothing more to hope for. Live alone by sharing secrets without having to worry about money.

'Mrs. Blancier said she would have me as her maid of honor. Next week, I will pack up our things and go to their Manor.'

However, my mother, who had witnessed the life of high society behind Mrs. Blancier's shoulder, became dissatisfied with this life. My mother wanted a lot of servants to serve her. She wanted a thick jeweled brooch to wear on her chest, and she wanted to attract the attention of a handsome Baron.

She always wanted more.

When Baroness Blancier, who wanted to befriend my beautiful Mother, reached out her hand, My mother was blown away with joy. My mother had a deal to raise her status, and it was right before her eyes. My mother didn't let go of that hand either.

'Ophelia, you look a lot like Isolde.'

The Baroness loves me unconditionally and she is so generous. She doted on me, saying if only she was healthy, she would definitely have a daughter my age.

My mother looked at her with blurry eyes. It was then, I realized that my mother used to do that whenever she had something she wanted.

When I ate the ruby candy the Baroness gave me, I panicked. What if my mother commits another murder?

"But I don't feel like I have to stop it."

Because maybe I will disappoint my mother. And she will leave me, just like she left my father.

In some ways, the Baroness loves me more than my mother. Even so, that still didn't prevent my mother from making the Baroness sick when we went to the resort.

All I could do was burn all the syringes my mother used, just in case we didn't get caught.

"Since then, I became my mother's accomplice. You know that I have taken care of all that.... ...She liked it because she thought it would be easier that way."

The Baroness, who had gone to the resort for healing, began to suffer. My mother took care of her, even to the point of scolding and kicking out all the servants.

From behind, with blurred vision, I watched my mother smiling while tending to the Baroness. And the stupid Baroness told Mother and I that this would definitely happen one day.

Instantly my spine shivered. What my mother and I did was a crime.

A crime that can never be forgiven.

If I had the right thought, I should have reported my mother then. Let Mother continue like this, will only put the Baron in danger.

'Ah, that's how it ends.'

The Baron is not particularly grieving over the death of his wife. Even as if he had been waiting for her death, the Baron also proposed to my mother, and my mother accepted it.

In the first place, Mother didn't need to make any effort to get the Baron's attention. Since we entered the Manor, Baron's heart has been taken over by my mother.

Even though the Baron married the Baroness because of a loveless arrangement…… Still, in my eyes the Baron is arrogant. His handsome looks and immense wealth, but all of that was wasted because of his personality.

So I took a step back. After all, the Baron is an existence to be banished when Mother gets bored.

And a few years later, my prediction came true. My mother killed the Baron.

This time, the post-incident cleanup is my responsibility. While my mother greeted the mourners at the funeral, I remained at the Manor and removed anything that I felt might suspect my mother.

That was because there were rumors that Mother was an evil witch who preyed on her husband.

Again... Once or twice, it could be considered a coincidence. But this is already too much. Mother has killed 4 people.

If I had to blame my mother's three husbands... ...was it their sin that they could not satisfy my mother? I don't even have the slightest sympathy for their deaths.

I even ran in a panic so Mother would not leave me.

However, Baroness Blancier's death was different. It makes me feel skeptical. Makes me feel tormented.

The Baroness did nothing wrong. She was killed simply because she was the Baron's Wife, and because my mother wanted her position.

But, my love for my mother made me unable to report it. So, that afternoon, after I made sure that all the mourners had left, I asked my mother,

'Can't we stop now?'

My tone was very cautious, and as I asked the question, I looked into my mother's eyes in panic.

'What do you mean, Ophelia? What is it?'

Mom tilted her head with a face that didn't seem to know what I was talking about. It was as if, she had forgotten all the killings she had committed.

'Ophelia, what did your mother do wrong that all my husbands are dying?'

My Mother asked while we were at the Baron's funeral, My Mother held my shoulder as if she needed me. No one could openly criticize her if Mother was a witch, as she shed tears in the midst of this sad situation.

I didn't answer. The reason why they died, I know best.

So, without saying anything, I hugged my mother's slender waist tightly. I want to stop her words and actions, clearly, I can see that my mother intends to find a man who will be her next husband, husband for a while.

'I'm sorry, Madame.'

But I can't do anything. Seeing Duke Arpad who was caught in my mother's trap, I couldn't help but feel nervous.

'Mother, are you leaving?'

I made sure.

As soon as I asked the question, my mother looked at me with blurry eyes. When my mother smiled, I suddenly fell into despair.

Mother satisfaction never lasts long. Supposedly, Duke Arpad would be Mother's next target.

Duke. He is a Duke. Not an ordinary mercenary, not a Knight with a small territory, not even a Baron. The Duke is the most prestigious family among the nobles.

With ease, Duke Arpad can give Mother anything she wants. He was a man in the position to be able to do all of that.

'Your mother will be the Duchess. Aren't you happy, Ophelia?'

It was a disaster. In fact, even though I smiled when I saw my mother face to face, I was overcome with anxiety. In fact, Duke is a man who perfectly fits my mother's ideal type. His handsome looks, immense wealth, a family of pure royal blood, and even a friendly and humorous personality.

I don't feel happy, but sad. I want to go back to Port City and live alone with my mother. I miss those peaceful days. Gradually, I feel tired.

It's not an easy thing to be behind my mother. I had a nightmare, where my mother's ex-husband and the Baroness appeared while I was burning the needles, they asked why I didn't try to stop my mother. They asked that while crying with tears of blood, they also said that they hated me.

I'm mentally exhausted. I couldn't figure out what my mother really wanted.

Even so, Mother did not kill me. She didn't leave me. The days continued with me continuing to comfort myself with that fact.

I realized that lately I haven't talked much and have been moody. However, Mother didn't seem to notice my condition, even on the way to the Duke's Manor, she kept talking about Duke Arpad.

And finally, after a long journey, we arrived at the Duke's Manor. And there, I...

"Alex, I met you."

Mother went down first and met the Duke, they looked at each other as if there were only the two of them left in this world. Getting off myself, I pretended to be fine and got off the horse carriage.

'Pleased to meet you.'

You are incomparable to the nobles of the South. With an elegant voice and demeanor. I looked up and saw a very handsome boy looking at me.

.

.

.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?