Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 4

"I will go."

I took the reins of the horse and brushed off the snow that had fallen on the horse's mane. I think, of all things... Right now I'm actually dealing with someone I don't want to see the most.

"What do you mean!? What's more, you want to leave without saying anything."

Alexander walked in a hurry as if he was angry. He came closer to me and took the reins of the horse from me. I was taken aback by his actions. Then I touched the back of Alexander's hand which looked pale.

"Let me go."

The back of his hand was cold, icy cold. It's just my guess, it seems he's been here since hours ago. Otherwise, I should still be able to feel a little warmth from his hands.

"No."

Alexander said that while looking at my hand holding his hand. There's no chance for me to win against him by force. Even though he was only 17 years old and couldn't be declared a knight, he had studied swordsmanship since childhood.

"Let me go. I don't care about power."

I brushed away Alexander's hand. For a moment he did not move, as if frozen. It's very late. I can't keep wasting time here.

"I already said, 'No'."

"...What's wrong with you?"

In the end, I said it. Besides, he doesn't like me here. Why won't he let me go? I tapped my foot and stepped hard on Alexander's foot.

He let out a very small groan of pain. It must have hurt a lot, but his forehead wasn't even furrowed and there was no other response from him either. He was silent as a stone, and slowly my annoyance began to subside. I sighed and asked,

"...Alright. Tell me what the reason is."

"Reason?"

"Yes. The reason."

"How can I just let you go at night like this? It's dangerous."

"Now... you call me 'you'?"

I asked, frowning. We didn't get along all this time, but now he...?

"Ah... I mean, Sister."

Alexander immediately corrected his way of addressing me.

"Is that the reason? Because I look vulnerable to being attacked by criminals?"

"......"

"I'm sorry, but I'm stronger than you can see. Facing one or two criminals-"

"Don't say scary things like that. Without even thinking the result is obvious. That's not the only reason."

Let's see what the other reasons are. I looked at Alexander's hand which was currently holding mine. It wasn't tiny like a girl's hand, but cute like a child's hand.

"Sister, if you leave... Then there are no adults in this Manor."

"Hah!?"

"So I can't let you go. Of course, the main reason is that it's dangerous."

"I told you, I'll be fine. And why am I an adult in this Manor? As the lady said, my name isn't even registered on the Arpad's Family Register."

And I don't want that at all. I have refused to register my name in this family many times. In my 20 years of life, how many times have I changed my surname? I've changed it 3 times. It was more than enough.

"That's not a problem. The moment you set foot in this Manor. You are already a part of the Arpad Family."

"Legally, no. Besides, this blood flowing through my body is not Arpad's blood."

"Is it really that important? If you want to, then tomorrow I will-"

"I don't want it. Ah... Aren't we too old to act like children?" My body is shivering with cold from continuing to talk here without moving. Until now I still don't understand the reason why Alexander keeps holding my hand tightly.

"......"

I looked at him annoyed. Once again I brushed the back of Alexander's hand, but there was no reaction from him. He will be the next Duke, and after that, I thought that I would never be able to see him again. But I have no problem with that.

"...Wait."

"......"

"...You cry?"

A surprising thing happened. From the time he heard the news of the accident to the funeral, he seemed fine. But now, he was shedding tears.

"Ah... No. I mean..."

"What do you mean 'No'?"

His tears kept falling. His tears fell from his cheeks and hit the back of my hand. I reflexively ran my hand over his eyes.

"Sorry, I think I've gone too far."

I feel shy. I only know Alexander's expressionless face and his faint smile (formal smile). I never saw him angry or saw him smile widely. On the surface, he looked mature, but basically, he was still a child. For a moment I forgot that fact.

"No, Sis. I'm fine."

He didn't look fine.

"I... I'm lonely, Sis. I'm scared. I was really surprised when I found out that I have a new mother and sister. But I can accept it and feel happy about it. Finally, I have a complete family. But before I can get used to that, why... Father and Mother experienced such a thing."

Alexander kept crying until his nose turned red. Seeing him like that, I immediately let go of the reins of the horse I was holding. I also let go of the hand that had been holding my hand. His silver-grey eyes seemed to dim as I did that.

"I don't want to feel left out. Now that I have no family left in this world, I'm alone, I can't-"

I remember when I cried alone in my room. Alexander also felt the same with me. I immediately hugged him tightly. It was quite difficult for me to do it because he was taller than me. Before this, I had never felt sympathy for anyone.

"Sister."

I realized that my actions were too impulsive. So I can understand why Alexander called me, he must be embarrassed because of this action of mine. He was speechless in shock. I lowered my arms around his neck, then I patted his back.

"If I leave here, I think it will be good for you."

"...Sister, how can you think like that?"

Slowly, Alexander grabbed me with one hand. His other hand was still holding mine tightly. I smiled resignedly. Could it be that he still thinks that I will still go?

"Because I feel unwelcome here. By you and by Duke."

"...At first I didn't like it. It's because Father told me to call you Sister because you're older than me."

I stroked Alexander's hair. He must have felt bad that he was taller than me, but he had to call me Sister instead. I wasn't that short at that time. "I'm sorry, Sis."

"Let's go inside. It's cold in here."

I took Alexander's hand, then rubbed his cheek and smiled. If we stay here, both of us might catch frostbite.

"...Sister, you won't quietly leave without saying anything else, right? Promise me."

"What if I can't promise?"

I asked while tilting my head. Alexander coughed.

"Sister, you can't promise me?"

"Sorry, but I can't do it. I won't be leaving today because you kept me... If I stay here, one day I will definitely be forced to leave Arpad. We were once siblings, but it's only been a month. I don't have any reason to continue to be here."

"It..."

Alexander couldn't say anything. I took the horse's saddle and left it. Alexander was still standing there waiting for me.

"Even if it's only a month, aren't we still siblings?"

He asked, taking my hand. Of course, I didn't answer. We walked to the Manor in silence. Just before we reached the door, Alexander blocked me.

"Then, Sister, you will go again?"

I looked at him. Then, I passed by and entered the Manor first. Again Alexander got in my way.

"Sister."

"I can't stay here forever."

I said it with a sigh. I guess this was enough to keep him from getting in my way again, even if he was crying and struggling. Oh, I can't imagine Alexander doing that. He wasn't the type to act like a baby. I myself was surprised to see him cry today.

"...I know. Sister, you don't feel comfortable being here."

"Thank goodness you found out."

"......"

Silently, Alexander looked at me in annoyance. I pretended not to know and asked,

"Do you want to say something?"

I had to look up to see Alexander who was taller than me. He was silent for a moment. I was cold and feeling tired and chose to walk away immediately.

"If you don't want to say anything, I'll go back to my room."

"No, wait a minute."

He spread his arms so I couldn't move. What was he really doing? Finally, Alexander opened his mouth, he looked at me in confusion.

"Until I become an adult. Please stay here. It won't be long. I mean, only until then."

That's crazy. Instantly I touched my forehead because I felt dizzy.

"...I'm sorry, but it's still 3 years until you become an adult. You want me to stay here until then? That's too much."

"I won't let anyone bother you anymore. Sister, I'll make sure you won't feel any discomfort here. So, Please."

"What do you mean 'Please'? Shouldn't you can't say something like that so easily? You are the one who will become the Duke?"

"I've never said such a thing before. That's all I ask..."

He pleaded with eyes I couldn't refuse. He looks pathetic. Let me tell you, tonight Alexander really wasn't his usual self. Even I feel that he is acting strange. Is his attitude like this? To my knowledge, he had never once behaved like this.

But it's very late and I'm cold, and also tired. Besides that, I feel very emotional because of the various things that happened. Therefore, "Alright, I promise. Only 3 years until you become an adult. After that, I will leave. Until then, I will not go."

"...Won't?"

"Won't."

Alexander's forehead creased slightly as if he didn't like it, but he had no other choice but to nod. He even said 'Please', I don't think it's bad for me to stay here for a while, especially since he's been holding me back ever since. To be honest, I also have nowhere to go.

And finally, he lowered his arm that was blocking me. I immediately returned to my room.

I changed clothes and lay on the bed. Pulling the blanket over my face. I fell asleep thinking about Alexander crying until his nose turned red. All these things make me tired.

The next day I forgot Alexander's attitude last night which was different from usual. I should have realized his true purpose by keeping me in this Manor.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?