Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Chapter 0

My mother is gone. It said it was caused by a horse-drawn carriage accident.

When I heard the news, I fainted from shock. Impossible. What does 'because of a horse-drawn carriage accident' mean?

Instantly, something pulled me up as my hips pressed against the cold marble floor.

"The floor is cold. Calm down and follow me, Sis."

I was surprised when his breath touched the back of my exposed neck. Alexander grabbed my arm without hesitation as if he didn't care. He acts more mature than me, even though he is three years younger than me.

He led me to a soft velvet sofa, covered me with a blanket, and poured me a glass of strong whiskey. I stared blankly at Alexander who moved gracefully like a cat. Then he turned to me and looked down as if he knew I'd been looking at him.

"Drink. You'll feel better."

Alexander held out a clear glass filled with amber-colored liquid. The pale hand trembled slightly.

"...Thank you."

I accepted the glass without hesitation. As he said, as I gulped down the whiskey, my whole body heated up and my eyes opened wide. Slightly dizzy, I put my hand on my forehead and tilted my head.

"Maybe-"

I muttered a little. My mother is gone. Whereas last night, I saw my mother who was very excited about her honeymoon. Now, she is no longer in this world. I can't believe all this.

"...We have to have a funeral."

Alexander, who was sitting on the arm of the sofa, hid his trembling hands. He looked fine, but he must have been surprised too. Duke Arpad, who was found still breathing was rushed to the Hospital and underwent surgery, but in the end, he also died of bleeding.

"You must be really tired, so go up and rest. I'll take care of it."

Alexander's voice was hoarse. I looked at him and shook my head.

"No, I... I'm coming too. If there's anything I can do-"

"It doesn't matter."

Alexander persisted. Before our eyes met, he had already stepped in and opened the door of the room. I was forced to leave the room. Even if I remained stubborn and continued to be there, I would only get ugly looks from other people.

I sighed and leaned against the tightly closed door. As soon as the uninvited guest (me) left, the conversation resumed. Of course, to the people of the Arpad Manor, I was just an outsider.

When I got to the room, I looked around the dark room. Just over a month. I live in this great manor.

I didn't feel comfortable in this place, as much as in any other place I'd been with my mother. I always endured discomfort. Because my mother is happy. Because she's happy.

But now my mother is gone from this world. So Duke Arpad's Manor is no longer my place. I have to get ready to go.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?