Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 1 | The Town Where He Was Born | Remake our Life!


Part 1

The scenery outside my window was passing by at high speed from right to left. I checked the time on my cell phone and it had been less than an hour since we left.

The air inside the bullet train was a little dry. I took a sip of the bottled tea I had brought with me and poured it down my throat. Just as I breathed a sigh of relief, a voice called out to me from the seat next to mine.

"Kyouya, have you calmed down a little?"

A worried face. Big eyes staring at me.

"Nanako, thank you. But it's not something to worry about."

When I replied with a smile, she grinded my shoulder.

"Wait, ouch, ouch, did I say something weird?"

"It hurts! Who says it's not something to worry about when you keep mumbling something with a thoughtful look on your face all~~ the time?"

With staring eyes and her puffed out cheeks, I was refuted head-on.

"... Yes, it was, I'm sorry."

"As long as you understand"

Nanako nodded, then silently held out a bag of sweets to me.

"Do you want some? You didn't have breakfast and you must be hungry."

"Yeah, thanks."

I picked up one of the pastries from the bag and quickly threw it into my mouth. When I chewed it, it made a crunchy sound and the consommé flavor spread in my mouth.

It's a snack that is always sold at the supermarket where I go to buy it. I remember when I bought some and left them on the table, and that guy took the whole bag with him, and Shinoaki blamed me for that.

Things about him are slowly turning into memories.

But we are trying to bring it back to the present.

"It's been a long time, meeting Tsurayuki."

Nanako mentioned his name.

Even though I knew that was the purpose of this trip, I was hesitant to say it. That's why Nanako's words made my heart feel a little better.

“I wonder if the reason Tsurayuki left was because of his parents?”

"Yeah... that's part of it, too."

The truth is, there is another big reason, but I have decided not to tell Nanako about it. It would be humiliating for him to hear it from my mouth.

"Even though he's earned the money for college... Really, what happened?"

Tsurayuki left without revealing his true feelings to Nanako and the others. He simply said, "I'm sorry," and said nothing.

I had to face him, including all the things related to his true feelings. Once again, it was a difficult matter.

That's why, I,

"I have to see him first. Of course, there are things I want to ask him, but I guess I'll have to wait until we meet."

Before I could persuade him, I set a goal to meet with Tsurayuki first.

"Hmm? Well, you're right."

Nanako nodded at my words with a dumbfounded face.

From her point of view, it is natural that the first thing is to be able to see each other. But it was not so for me. I thought there was a good chance that Tsurayuki would not meet with us and would reject us.

"Well, but don't think too much about it, like you did earlier."

"Thank you, I'm fine now"

I said and smiled.

But inside, I was filled with anxiety and a great sense of responsibility.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next