Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | This is What Reality Looks Like | Remake our Life!


Part 15

"Ugh ~~~~, I knew that project wasn't good enough...?"

On the way home after leaving the 13th Department, Sakurai-san opened her mouth with an exaggerated sigh and a dour look on her face.

"That's not true. I gave my assurance that it would be a really interesting project."

"But..."

It seemed that she just couldn't convince herself, and her steps up the stairs had been heavy since a while ago.

"Besides, I consider today's planning meeting a success."

"Eh, after all that denial?"

"Yeah, of course"

At the first meeting, I wanted two things.

One, they must all be well attended.

And the other is that everyone should have an opinion on the project in some way.

"After all, this is a department that has never had meetings at all. Just the fact that we now have a forum for discussion makes me very happy."

Before the improvements in operations were made, we were simply consuming our days in vain.

That was a wonderful change in positivity just by including thinking and discussing.

"Even the chief said it was interesting at one point. And honestly, it was helpful, wasn't it?"

"Yes ... I found out some things I didn't know about."

In the end, we don't know what is going on in the company or what is customary until we experience it.

Just the experience and knowledge she gained in that area would have been a plus for her.

"I see... That's right. It was the first time we all talked about it..."

Her face, which had grown dark with depression, finally brightened up.

Indeed, at first glance, today's meeting appeared to be fruitless. The participants were full of negativity, offering no counterproposals or supplementary information to the proposals that had come forth.

But it did create a flow. The department, which for a long time had not even had the opportunity to talk over a project, now had the opportunity to submit a project for consideration. That alone is a big first step.

From this point on, all we have to do is slowly and gradually squash the NO opinions and proudly present it as a polished project.

We have time, after all.

Unlike other developments, there is more than enough time to devote to planning.

If we continue to hold meetings like this, we will surely come up with more constructive opinions. From there, it will not be difficult to develop the project into a plan of your own.

That's it, the conclusion was that it was a "success" altogether.

(Don't panic, if you take your time... you can manage somehow)

I recalled my exchange with Kawasegawa the other day.

It's not that easy to reach your yearnings.

"Well, so don't get too down about it, okay?"

I tried to console her by saying so, but Sakurai-san still didn't seem completely convinced.

"Uugh ~~~~, But my pride and confidence have been shattered!!!"

"I'm sorry about that ..."

I thought she would be okay with the project being rammed back up into a pile, but she was in shock there, and I felt bad.

"But it starts from here. We are going to get back on track from here."

"Really ...?"

"Yeah"

After all, the project itself has been endorsed as not bad. The only thing left to do was to make up for the points that had been pointed out in a way that would not be intrusive.

"So, to prepare for next week, today we're going to..."

I was about to say, "go up early," and when I stopped talking.

I was just coming up the dimly lit stairs to the elevator hall on the first floor when I saw a group of people from another department coming in through the entrance.

I'm not trying to keep it a secret, but I don't want to do anything that would make the department suspicious at this stage. That was the reason.

(I wonder which department... development, I guess not)

Succeedsoft had no dress code for employees who worked mainly in-house, such as development workers. Therefore, everyone often came to work in rough clothes.

In contrast, the group in front of me approaching me was all neatly dressed in suits. There was one young man about my age, three employees walking around him, and one female employee accompanying him.

"Speaking of which, what's going on with that?"

"Yes, I agree with the plan itself, but as usual, everyone insists on not touching their own department, and I don't think there is any other way to proceed except to start with the least affected areas..."

A female employee answers a male employee's question with a stern look on her face.

Apparently, the male employee at the center of the group had the highest position in the group, and the woman was his secretary.

"Are you talking like that? They are really irredeemable. They probably don't even know it's their fault. If we don't clean them up soon, the company will rot."

Haha, after a mocking laugh,

"Well, tell them to keep an eye on it. If there's anything we can use, we'll use that as a story and crush it mercilessly."

"I understand, and I will pass this on as a request from the executive director."

The female employee bowed deeply.

The group did not pay attention to us and went straight to the elevator to the upper floors.

"Is that the executive director...?"

I whispered, and Sakurai-san said,

"That's right, you didn't know that?"

I responded, "Of course".

"No, I didn't know that, but... He~e, he's that young."

He looked about the same as me, or maybe younger.

I didn't know what kind of person he was, but I did know that he was talking about some pretty disturbing things and that he seemed to be pretty cold-hearted.

(Is there some kind of war going on in the company)



Anyway, it's probably not something that a lowly guy like me can relate to.

"Well, good job today..."

I was about to say, "See," when Sakurai-san's hand firmly gripped the hem of my cloth.

"Um, Sakurai-san...?"

"Hashiba-san, are you going to go home like this?"

"Eh?"

"I was beaten to a pulp by my own project today! I have to do something to get rid of this feeling!"

So she yelled and waved her tavern card in the air,

"That's why we are going to drink today !!"

Strongly, she declared.

"W-Well then, why don't we stop by for a minute?"

When I tried to nail it down ahead of time that we should keep a low profile,

"No! I've decided to drink today!!"

The tone was completely out of character, and she declared that she would be collapsed.